• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

We might actually Have a really nice Strike force next Season if these rumours are true Costa, Mandzukic and Lukaku :D

I would be happy with just getting two of them at this point, would be a massive improvement on what we currently have.
Can't see how you keep Lukaku and sign those 2. He's probably off imo.

Gambit

woooooow

mandzu is on his way to croatia already. pep wished him already good luck for the next team.

wooooooooooooow

wow. I mean, it was clear they don't see eye-to-eye. It was also clear Lewandowski would be the number one choice. But there was no need to be so ungracious about it all.

Then again, Bayern has always been shitty with their strikers. And so has Pep.

Looks like Kroos is on his way.

Missed this. Where does it look like that?

Gambit

Telegraph says the club are "confident" about signing him. Which means absolutely nothing considering the events of last summer especially.

Thank you. Personally, I don't think so (at least not this season), but Kroos and Vidal would indeed be a pretty awesome pairing.

Blablurn

wow. I mean, it was clear they don't see eye-to-eye. It was also clear Lewandowski would be the number one choice. But there was no need to be so ungracious about it all.

Then again, Bayern has always been shitty with their strikers. And so has Pep.

Missed this. Where does it look like that?

haha. thats true. its not a pep thing. i remember that we did the same with elber and luca toni lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Rumours are RvP is our new captain next season, honestly not sure I like this idea though im sure he would be good at it, something about giving captains to players who arent the club through and through is a tad worrying. This being said out of our current squad there isnt anyone else id like to give it to.

Salvadora

Rumours are RvP is our new captain next season, honestly not sure I like this idea though im sure he would be good at it, something about giving captains to players who arent the club through and through is a tad worrying. This being said out of our current squad there isnt anyone else id like to give it to.
Look at his successful captaincy at Arsenal, what could go wrong?

Meier

That Arsenal kit.. I'm dying. It's the most garish, 90s-looking design I've seen in a long time. "It looks better on" because that photo has been heavily edited and there is professional lighting that is designed to make it look less hideous.

Blablurn

BnwqHpIIQAAeeoK.jpg:large

DBT85

If Rooney hadn't tried to leave 32 times then I'd say give it to him.

kmax

Ancelotti: Illarramendi is the first choice for the final. He is used to playing there and was signed to play there. I haven't changed my mind.

Someone, wake me up from this nightmare.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea won't sign Mandzu if they keep Lukaku. I do think they should keep Ba considering he's happy to be third choice striker.

I think Eto'o and Lukaku will leave, Torres and Ba will stay. Costa will come in.

With regards to us, I'm confident Shaw will be done but I can't even be fucked to speculate on anything else :lol

Elchele

woooooow

mandzu is on his way to croatia already. pep wished him already good luck for the next team.

wooooooooooooow

isn't SportBild the shittiest source? Still I think it's obviously something changed after the defeat vs RM and the subsequent meltdown. Pep has more of a free 'hand' to sell players that he doesn't like now.

I don't really mind Mandzukic leaving (wish it wasn't to Chelsea), he just isn't as good as Lewa. And we get to extend Pizarro for one more season!

Blablurn

what did he say?

lahm talked about how the breach in the middle of the east stand in the berlin olympic stadium is a little unfortunate for the fans who are sitting there. its because its not coherent like the stand on the opposite side.

it was such a deep answer to a random question ("do you care on which side your fans are?") that even klopp started to laugh lol

Scum

Chelsea won't sign Mandzu if they keep Lukaku. I do think they should keep Ba considering he's happy to be third choice striker.

I think Eto'o and Lukaku will leave, Torres and Ba will stay. Costa will come in.

With regards to us, I'm confident Shaw will be done but I can't even be fucked to speculate on anything else :lol
I want to see the clearout that takes place when Ra's turns up.

Elchele

lahm talked about how the breach in the middle of the east stand in the berlin olympic stadium is a little unfortunate for the fans who are sitting there. its because its not coherent like the stand on the opposite side.

it was such a deep answer to a random question ("do you care on which side your fans are?") that even klopp started to laugh lol

please tell there's a video

Wilbur

Banned
I want to see the clearout that takes place when Ra's turns up.

I don't think there'll be massive upheaval in terms of transfers this year - because I can't see people giving the likes of Young the money he'll want elsewhere. He will be frozen out though. It's going to be extraordinary.

I don't think there'll be massive upheaval in terms of transfers this year - because I can't see people giving the likes of Young the money he'll want elsewhere. He will be frozen out though. It's going to be extraordinary.

We'll just sell them on much lower transfer fees to compensate.

I do think we'll see a heavy upheaval.

L1NETT

There will be clubs who'll take young and Clevdog

For all the shit that gets (maybe rightly) slung at them they are still currentish english internationals with plenty of Pl experience

There will be takers. Young won't be asking for exuberant wages.

It's not like Van Gaal with be furiously pressing transfer-->offer to clubs --> £0 over and over again

There will be clubs who'll take young and Clevdog

For all the shit that gets (maybe rightly) at them they are still currentish english internationals with plenty of Pl experience

There will be takers. Young won't be asking for exuberant wages.

It's not like Van Gaal with be furiously pressing transfer-->offer to clubs --> £0 over and over again

That's how I roll bb.

Salvadora

Young is on £100,000 p/w and I've heard £120,000 quoted too. Who on earth is going to pay anywhere near that L1NETT? Even with the new TV money, it's mental

I still have hope that United's speculated kit is fake. I remember reading that the GM guy was sacked for failing to include Chevrolet's name on the United kit. The leaked kit has the name chevrolet on it.

pls

L1NETT

Young is on £100,000 p/w and I've heard £120,000 quoted too. Who on earth is going to pay anywhere near that L1NETT? Even with the new TV money, it's mental

You are all overestimating how thick Young is

He knows he'll have to take a pay cut to get football. Even a 40k one

And yeah the wealth gap is getting insane. Clubs can pay that. QPR's wage bill is higher than dortmunds.

Cardiff got what, 60 million?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

There have been so many chances to remove both Young and Valencia from the first team that have gone that I believe they are either unbelievable trainers or have dirt on all the managers in the land.

Salvadora

And yeah the wealth gap is getting insane. Clubs can pay that. QPR's wage bill is higher than dortmunds.

Cardiff got what, 60 million?
When I've seen Ashley Young on the pitch, he looks decidedly like he doesn't want football.

Meier

Players just don't do that in this day and age as we've seen. United would definitely have to supplement any lost income from the remainder of his deal which would not be too bad of a deal for him realistically but he'll probably also be giving away chances at cups/medals which is worth something as well at the end of the day.

I think it's going to be tough to get rid of him until his deal runs out. He's under contract through summer 2016 when he'll just be turning 30. He'll get another PL deal at that point I'd bet.

Elchele

Lahm interview with SZ

Quote:
SZ: You prefer to play in midfield?

Lahm: "I consider myself more as a midfielder now. One could see that I greatly injoyed playing in the center. But it's not a problem for me to play at rightback, especially as the role's a bit different under the new coach. I don't have to run the wing up and down the whole time anymore."

SZ: Astonishing that the coach put you back in defense in the very important games.

Lahm: "Was that the case? Let me think: The first leg against Arsenal on the right, the return leg in midfield. Against Man United I played in midfield in the first leg and in the second game? Ah, that was the one in which I played both positions and moved into midfield while in possession."

SZ: Aren't you in a position to go to Guardiola and tell him to only play you in midfield?

Lahm: "I highly respect the coach's decision. He's a fantastic analyzer and always plans according to the next opponent. Before the first leg against Arsenal he said to me 'you play on the right today because Cazorla tends to shift to the center, that gives you plenty of space to march forward and Cazorla is not a counter attacking player, you don't have to worry that something happens behind your back.' Against Manchester he told me "Philipp, you start at rightback, but they won't attack much, you can move to the 6 while in possession.' That's exactly what happened. There's no reason to be angry. I enjoy these tinkerings and am happy to be part of it."

SZ: Last season under Jupp Heynckes you played more lying in wait.

Lahm: "Against Barcelona we played more defensively, waiting for counters because we played against a possession based opponent.
But we have to develop, progress as a team! Man City, Leverkusen, Mainz, Berlin, those were perfect games. 100 passes, 100 touches, not allowing the opponent the ball - that's a dream, football's fun like that. Not to wait to get the ball every once in a while, run forward and track back immediately. I want to be successful and also enjoy it."

SZ: But don't you lose that fun when you lose 4-0?

Lahm: "No, the 4-0 against Madrid only happened because we didn't play our usual style. We played differently in that one."

SZ: Many used that game as proof that Bayern plays too much Pep and possession football. The truth is, you didn't play enough Pep football?

Lahm: "Exactly. We didn't play like the coach actually wants us to play."

SZ: Guardiola said the game was a "big mistake" by him.

Lahm: "Yes, but many misunderstood what he meant by it."

SZ: He meant: That was not enough Pep.

Lahm: "I think so, yes."

"We had to turn around a 1-0 defeat and basically had 4 man on one line uptop and were in numerical disadvantage in midfield. We usually do it the other way around, 2 uptop and the others crowding the center. We shouldn't forget that we missed Thiago who would've closed the gap between midfield and attack. "

ji6lWw1ME30UV.jpg

LegoArmo

I could see Young, Cleverley and Anderson going, the rest are fine to stay as squad players if they want to.

Nani and Chicharito probably won't want to. So I think they'll be the 'outs' (along with the obvious, Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra).

Teams like West Ham, QPR etc. will be interested in Young, Cleverley seems to be well liked by a certain style of manager, too, so offloading him should be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom