• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Joker

Doesn't he only have a contract for first league anyway?

all the players have a contract for both leagues....he doesnt even have a buy out clause...

Too late bro! See you Mondays on Sport 1.

dream on....we will stay in the league...hsv plus will come...kühne will pay 100 mio....and we are the new champions next saison...

cDUQtpR.jpg

Clegg

The Telegraph have done their 10 worst transfers of the season:

1. Fellaini
2. Lamela
3. Cornelius
4. Soldado
5. Ozvaldo
6. Altidore
7. Ozil
8. Anelka
9. Ilori
10. Demichelis

Yen

The Telegraph have done their 10 worst transfers of the season:

1. Fellaini
2. Lamela
3. Cornelius
4. Soldado
5. Ozvaldo
6. Altidore
7. Ozil
8. Anelka
9. Ilori
10. Demichelis

Silly to put Ilori there. One of the brightest young defensive prospects in Europe. 21, clearly bought for the future.
Aspas should be up there.

jtb

Banned
judging transfers within just a year is very premature. if you spend 20m+ on a player in their 20s, you're not buying one year of service, you're buying their prime playing years. if you spend that kind of money on a younger player, you're buying potential. either way, at least give them a season to bed-in before writing them off.

any worst transfers list made after just a year should really only be made up of players who have absolutely zero future at the club. Fellaini's been poor, but I'm more keen to trust the very large sample size that says he has talent than the small sample size where literally everything that could go wrong for Utd did go wrong where he played poorly. something like Soldado was far worse, because Spurs bought him relying solely upon his goals to win games and his inability do so completely derailed their season—and even then, I'm not ready to say he's definitively never going to be a productive player in the future.

Yen

I genuinely have no idea who Ilori is.

Portuguese CB, signed for £7m. Fast as an airborne virus, as tall as a very tall thing, Very good on the ball too. On loan at Granada, and by all accounts he's impressed in the Caribbean. Though from what I've seen his positional play isn't brilliant but his pace makes up for it. He's raw.

Eligible to play for England too.

L1NETT

Ricky Van Wolftingy gotta be up there on those lists

And that Villa bloke, Tonev or something like that. Diabolically bad.

Ilori and Ozil up there is a bit harsh imo.

rvy

Banned
I have to say, the NBA salary cap is one of the stupidest things ever. Gotta keep Kobe and sign either LeBron or Melo, can't have them both. That would be unfair, right.
But those guys down in Miami can have whatever they please. All this does is make players conspire and crap.

I can't really complain though:

Clegg

Telegraphs 10 best transfers:

Lukaku
Bony
Fernandinho
Barry
Lovren
Huddlestone
Puncheon
Negredo
Shelvey
Willian

I disagree with this. James McCarthy needs to be somewhere on the list.

3Sixty

Lukaku
Bony
Fernandinho
Barry
Lovren
Huddlestone
Puncheon
Negredo
Shelvey
Willian

Puncheon was being slated by Palace fans until a month ago lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Lukaku
Bony
Fernandinho
Barry
Lovren
Huddlestone
Puncheon
Negredo
Shelvey
Willian

Negredo really shouldn't be on that list. Eto'o has the same goals of him with a third fewer appearances. Ade has more goals and he only played half a season!

I have to say, the NBA salary cap is one of the stupidest things ever. Gotta keep Kobe and sign either LeBron or Melo, can't have them both. That would be unfair, right.
But those guys down in Miami can have whatever they please. All this does is make players conspire and crap.

I can't really complain though:

M. World Peace?

Fuck basketball

How does the NBA salary cap work. I always wondered how Miasanmiami got such a good team. I thought they all just took pay cuts.

rvy

Banned
How does the NBA salary cap work. I always wondered how Miasanmiami got such a good team. I thought they all just took pay cuts.

That's what happened. They all took pay cuts. I don't now how it all works though. I know some basic principles at best.

Imagine Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema having to take a pay cut to play together. What a dumb concept.

The big three took pay cuts when they came to miami and the others have little or minimum salary.

The only thing big about Bosh is his height, bby.

That's what happened. They all took pay cuts. I don't now how it all works though. I know some basic principles at best.

Imagine Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema having to take a pay cut to play together. What a dumb concept.

The only thing big about Bosh is his height, bby.

Forgive my ignorance but what's dumb about that? They put potential success ahead of money. Sounds fair enough.

Kobe needs to GTFO or take a paycut surely. He's basically preventing Lakers from being competitive again isn't he?

Wilbur

Banned
Handed in my dissertation today. If anybody here needs some Automatically Optimised Reductions for Heterogeneous Computing Frameworks, then I'm your man.

Good lad, hope it all goes well for you

but im ok right now xoxo

Just had my final exam. Done with uni. Forever (unless I failed it lool). This is terrifying. Where do we go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom