• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
Forgive my ignorance but what's dumb about that? They put potential success ahead of money. Sounds fair enough.

Kobe needs to GTFO or take a paycut surely. He's basically preventing Lakers from being competitive again isn't he?

The concept of a salary cap is dumb, I'm not talking about taking pay cuts to play together. Hell, I would if I was in their position.

They have cap space to sign one max free agent next season. I doubt LeBron would leave Miami, but Melo could be an option if he decides to leave the Knicks and doesn't go to Chicago.
Kobe deserves all the money he gets, quite frankly.

Wilbur

Banned
The Telegraph have done their 10 worst transfers of the season:

1. Fellaini
2. Lamela
3. Cornelius
4. Soldado
5. Ozvaldo
6. Altidore
7. Ozil
8. Anelka
9. Ilori
10. Demichelis

Telegraphs 10 best transfers:

Lukaku
Bony
Fernandinho
Barry
Lovren
Huddlestone
Puncheon
Negredo
Shelvey
Willian

I disagree with this. James McCarthy needs to be somewhere on the list.

McCarthy should be on there over Puncheon, I think (who has scored lots recently but has been part of a massive team effort. First list is alright. Demichelis has improved a lot recently.

Blablurn

Guys. Shall I get a PS4 + 2nd Controller for 450€ and get it next week or shall i wait till May 27th and get my 450€ PS4 Watch Dogs Bundle?

Good lad, hope it all goes well for you

but im ok right now xoxo

Just had my final exam. Done with uni. Forever (unless I failed it lool). This is terrifying. Where do we go from here?

You eventually get a job. You eventually hate your life. You eventually approaching 30. You pay tax. You think about how little any of your education actually meant in the long run. You notice moles and bumps on your body that weren't there before. You start assuming every time you're ill it's really serious. It must be cancer this time. I'm dying, I'm definitely going to die this time. You don't die, your misery is prolonged.

is this it?

is this really it?

this is it.

Elchele

Guys. Shall I get a PS4 + 2nd Controller for 450€ and get it next week or shall i wait till May 27th and get my 450€ PS4 Watch Dogs Bundle?

the ps4+2nd controller is new or used?
I would get the second controller, Watch Dogs is going to be poop

rvy

Banned

Watch_Dogs is a Ubisoft open-world game, there's no indication that it will be good. Wait for impressions before buying it. Get NBA 2K14 instead and come play with me.

jtb

Banned
LeBron, Wade and Bosh didn't even take that much of a pay cut; there's a hard cap on the "max" contract a player can get anyways through the CBA—it really just means the bit-part role players like Ray Allen have to take pay cuts in order to chase championships, but that's why players join the Heat at the end of their career. also, the NBA has a soft cap (unlike the NFL) so teams can re-sign their superstars to those max contracts but not necessarily add free agents, but if they go over the cap, they'll have to pay a luxury tax. the tax is pretty substantial, compared to the cap, but no team has ever won the championship without paying it.

The concept of a salary cap is dumb, I'm not talking about taking pay cuts to play together. Hell, I would if I was in their position.

They have cap space to sign one max free agent next season. I doubt LeBron would leave Miami, but Melo could be an option if he decides to leave the Knicks and doesn't go to Chicago.
Kobe deserves all the money he gets, quite frankly.

wouldn't be surprised if Melo goes to Houston—no income tax in Houston = he can sign a contract less than the max without taking a financial hit

Pennywise

Depends, you got any friends who're visiting you and who're willed to play with you ?

And if you got any interest in Watchdogs.

Blablurn

Depends, you got any friends who're visiting you and who're willed to play with you ?

And if you got any interest in Watchdogs.

My friends dont care about Games so I would have sold the controller.

I'm lil interested in Watch Dogs and would sell it too after a while.

Wilbur

Banned
You eventually get a job. You eventually hate your life. You eventually approaching 30. You pay tax. You think about how little any of your education actually meant in the long run. You notice moles and bumps on your body that weren't there before. You start assuming every time you're ill it's really serious. It must be cancer this time. I'm dying, I'm defiantly going to die this time. You don't die, your misery is prolonged.

is this it?

is this really it?

this is it.

you spelt definitely wrong and for that i kinda do hope you die

Pennywise

My friends dont care about Games so I would have sold the controller.

I'm lil interested in Watch Dogs and would sell it too after a while.

I4fxB2c.jpg

Then go for the 2nd controller version, the battery life sucks and you would use the 2nd controller.

Blablurn

Im wondering if i want watch dogs or not. it looks like next gen. but as people say. the gameplay probably is last gen.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Speaking ahead of Sunday's final game of the season against Aston Villa, Sherwood said: "I've had a lot of players coming to me saying 'Our agents have told us you're not going to be here next season'. It's a very difficult situation but I've just got on with it."

"When you have a supply teacher comes into a school, sometimes they're not treated with the respect of a head teacher."

lol

just 2 more days

rvy

Banned
wouldn't be surprised if Melo goes to Houston—no income tax in Houston = he can sign a contract less than the max without taking a financial hit

Harden, Howard and Melo sounds interesting. Still don't think they would win anything, but it's another team to watch.

Meier

The Telegraph have done their 10 worst transfers of the season:

1. Fellaini
2. Lamela
3. Cornelius
4. Soldado
5. Ozvaldo
6. Altidore
7. Ozil
8. Anelka
9. Ilori
10. Demichelis

Don't think you can really include Demichelis personally. He cost less than every other player on that list and has been decent enough really. Far better than if we'd kept Kolo or played Lescott. He wasn't necessarily brought in to play as many games as he had either -- Nastasic has just been out for about 2/3rd of the season. Getting injured for 6 weeks right after joining didn't help him adjust to the team early on either.

Negredo really shouldn't be on that list. Eto'o has the same goals of him with a third fewer appearances. Ade has more goals and he only played half a season!

There's more to a transfer than the games in the PL. Negredo has 23 goals overall including 5 in the UCL. Unfortunately for him quite a few of the apps since his shoulder injury have just been a handful of minutes at the end of the game. I'm a little nervous about his attitude tbh -- he's not looked happy for a very long time (can't blame him necessarily).

Elchele

thanks wilbury

Honestly I don't have any idea of what I'm going to do once I graduate from university. Well at least I still have 2 and half good years of being student

Wilbur

Banned
how is your thesis going?

Wasn't a thesis per se, longer form essay around 4000 words (fuck a thesis). Was okay. Lots of quotations, not a lot of my own meat. Will get average marks. Will feel bad.

How's yours going?

That's true.

Still can't believe they spazzed out and gave him the job.

Meanwhile AVB is storming St Petersburg like the Nazis and fucking beasting it

Blablurn

Wasn't a thesis per se, longer form essay around 4000 words (fuck a thesis). Was okay. Lots of quotations, not a lot of my own meat. Will get average marks. Will feel bad.

How's yours going?

almost done, 32 pages so far. just introduction and conclusion and then DONE, will get average marks, will feel bad. will probably not care much since im done then :D

Scum

How's yours going?

If Levy had got AVB to just do a good job, he'd been alright. Tnis madness with finishing fourth will forever fuck us over. :-/

Blablurn

Fuck. I just wanna be done with my Bachelorthesis. I wanna give it to my teacher. I just wanna pass and then party. Intoduction and conclusion is the worst. I dont know what to write.

Can't wait for the season to end and transfer window to open. Just wanna get City's title win out of the way and get on with the prep for next year, see what moves we make to compensate for next years' extra games (which should be double figures unless we go out early in both domestic cups again), enjoy the World Cup, anticipate our CL draw (gonna be hyped as fuck for that) and fixture list, and get on with the season.

This is no fun at all, just sitting and waiting for the inevitable. I'm more concerned with seeing how many goals Suarez and Sturridge can hopefully get against Newcastle than I am the results tbh. Sterling as well, would be boss for him to get double figures.

Scum

Can't wait for the season to end and transfer window to open. Just wanna get City's title win out of the way and get on with the prep for next year, see what moves we make to compensate for next years' extra games (which should be double figures unless we go out early in both domestic cups again), enjoy the World Cup, anticipate our CL draw (gonna be hyped as fuck for that) and fixture list, and get on with the season.

This is no fun at all, just sitting and waiting for the inevitable. I'm more concerned with seeing how many goals Suarez and Sturridge can hopefully get against Newcastle than I am the results tbh. Sterling as well, would be boss for him to get double figures.
Hitch? pls.

Real Madrid are buying Rakitic.
Sure. Why not.

7.5m per year
Yeah. Just noticed. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom