• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

Speaking about Platini and FFP, this interview is showing is amount of involvement:
http://www.*****************/sport/...FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html
(Edit: "Martin Samuel meets Michel Platini - read the FULL transcript from Sportsmail's exclusive interview with UEFA's president"

So if he is in favour of your regulations, is that not a clue that the regulations are actually protecting the elite, rather than solving the problem overall?
Platini: No, because I am not a big financial expert about the financial fair play. I have a mentality and morality.

Platini: Yes. Trust me on football. In financial fair play perhaps, no, but on football.

He's forced to comment about FFP a lot, and maybe he knows more today than one year ago, but he doesn't seem that involved. I guess it's understandable with all his work in other stuff.

Manager

If he's going to be second choice to Zabaleta it's going to be a really pathetic move. The shit he will get when City come to the Emirates and he's on the bench will be legendary.

No full back is second choice in Pellegrini's system. Clichy and Kolarov plays equal amount of matches, Clichy against paceful wingers and Kolarov against slower ones. Zabaleta only played a lot because Richards is always injured (gl/hf future club).

Clichy: 31 starts, 3 subs
Kolarov: 32 starts, 14 subs (subs mostly as LM)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Speaking about Platini and FFP, this interview is showing is amount of involvement:
http://www.*****************/sport/...FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html
(Edit: "Martin Samuel meets Michel Platini - read the FULL transcript from Sportsmail's exclusive interview with UEFA's president"

He's forced to comment about FFP a lot, and maybe he knows more today than one year ago, but he doesn't seem that involved. I guess it's understandable with all his work in other stuff.
that's EXACTLY what I meant here

I don't know why people keep blaming Platini for this

it's like blaming your dickhead for erectile dysfunction

THE PROBLEM IS DEEPER

Justice for Platini.

Linius

Damn, Barca is getting mauled by Real in Final 4 of Euro Basketball.

Noone cares about euro bb here :(

I was two weeks in Rubí (close to Barcelona) on exchange. The exchange student I was with was playing basketball at the local club and her brother played for Barcelona. All the girls there played basketball it seemed. It's pretty damn popular in Spain.

/random story

World Cup is coming boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BkYKwHLXiU

ipiyrDGt9k41b.gif

BigBoss

1400229426_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Barcelona have released a statement confirming that an agreement has been reached "to adjust the terms in the contract binding Leo Messi to the club", with the Argentine expected to put pen to paper early next week.

The two parties have now ironed out the last remaining kinks in the deal, leading to the announcement clearing up any doubts over the forward's future.

The contract will likely be signed on Monday or Tuesday next week, before Messi jets off to join up with Argentina's World Cup warm-up camp.

The new deal includes basic wages of €20 million after tax per season, plus a further €5 million in performance-related bonuses (based on appearances made, goals scored and targets met).

In addition, as the star had been pushing for, Messi's contract will also be extended for a further year, tying him to the club until 2019.

http://www.marca.com/2014/05/16/en/football/barcelona/1400229426.html

Zabojnik

Reports going that Colantuono might replace Donadoni if he leaves.

Colantuono+Atalanta+BC+v+Lecce+Serie+vwj0XqDk6JJl.jpg

He'd be a good fit for Parma. A very, very good one, even. Atalanta is sort of his second home at this point though, not sure why he'd leave. Unless Tanzi is making a comeback with dat Parmalat
invisible
money.

Yurt, pls. Mancini to Juve? Why?? Conte's not going anywhere. Why would he??

Mancini to Juve feels inevitable. If not now, sometime in the future.

Salvadora

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 3m
Re MCFC, AFC exec Tom Fox told me in Jan:"We would never try to compete against the financial resources of a country"
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-epl-title-its-arsenal-vs-abu-dhabi/?page=all
Well, he's right. Arsenal simply can't compete with the financial resources of a country even if we started to spend our cash reserves. £100m is a drop in the ocean compared to what City could spend. Trying to financially compete with that lot would lead to oblivion.

Korea and Belgium? This means war Kida. Might as well support Algeria too to complete the trifecta of awful.

Doesn't really matter if I root for Korea. They're fucking shit tbh. Their defense is horrible and their striker is most likely going to be Arsenal's Park. I think Son always played as a wide forward for Korea too.

I´m just a filthy Junior now.

:/

But Juniors have feelings too and I´m getting nervous as the time get closer.

DUELO A MUERTE EN BARCELONA!

Doesn't really matter if I root for Korea. They're fucking shit tbh. Their defense is horrible and their striker is most likely going to be Arsenal's Park. I think Son always played as a wide forward for Korea too.

Yeah but Russia will have only one actual striker in the 23 and his name is Kerzhakov. Capello pls, un-cut Dzyuba.

wedward

#AFC key passes in 2013/14:
SC to OG 16 shots/1 goal
Ozil to OG 14/2
Ozil to SC 13/1
Rosicky to SC 13/0
Ozil to Ramsey 11/2
Sagna to OG 10/1

Goddamn Giroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom