• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Saw this interesting comment on Reddit:

In case people need to be reminded, Blatter was always against the Qatar World Cup bid and every time he opens his mouth about it it is to indirectly trash it. Qatar was basically a power play by Platini and his faction in the FIFA ExCo to get Qatar the cup in exchange for massive investments in European club football, as well as of course payoffs directly to the ExCo members. It was a slap in the face that Qatar got the bid over the desire of Blatter, similar to when Germany won the bid in 2006 over his favored South Africa. Last time Blatter basically got the FIFA Congress to pass a rotation system that would essentially shove the South African WC down the ExCo's throat. (Remember, the ExCo is a small 25 man committee, whereas the Congress is a 200+ member voting body.)
Now he's in a political battle versus Platini for control of FIFA with elections coming up. These comments are all meant to undermine Platini and his bid for FIFA presidency. Let's stop pretending Blatter is some all powerful dictator of FIFA. He's more like the marginally most powerful oligarch within an oligarchy.

How much is all this bundle nonsense gonna cost though

Wish it would have been just Halo 2/3. Both their MPs was the shizzle mclemon drizzle

Gonna spilt the already small Halo userbase.

They should do 3's multiplayer, port all the maps from 2 (even lockout) and add hitscan br.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Randomly stumbled upon the Forbes list of team values, how the hell is Hamburg in the top 20? How the hell is a club that rich facing relegation? Why does all of BundesGAF want to seem them relegated?

Sogno possible.

I think it's probably a bit like Germany ready to embrace the Nazi's after years of chaos and appalling conditions but the idea of having an enlightened despot back at the club after Moyes gets me ridiculously excited.
Haha I know. I'm ready to embrace the chaos. No doubt we will tire of it soon enough but bring it on for now.

Saw this interesting comment on Reddit:

A point worth repeating. As corrupt as he is, Qatar is not Blatter's monster. I find it weird how people constantly forget this. He didn't vote for them.

They should do 3's multiplayer, port all the maps from 2 (even lockout) and add hitscan br.

I would very much like that.

jbh2WyxiHXVm4k.png

Gave me a chubby thinking about it

--

MLG_KidASevenxxxNinjaAdnanxxxx

I was a failure in mlg. Only got to level 46 in that playlist.

I remember going up against pros and just being shit against them. I struggled to go even.

edit: Halo was the reason why I joined gaf in the first place. I eventually got tired of the discussions over Halo and came to football gaf permanently.

Dear god, Tony Adams is mental :lol

I'd go three at the back, I honestly would. I'd play the Christmas tree with them. I'd play Thomas Vermaelen as well and [Laurent] Koscielny on the right with Mertesacker in the middle. If he wants to play his full-backs up there, then let them do it, let them go forward. It's just an idea. I'll probably take it into my next job, if it's suited. But I do think it suits Arsenal.

I think he's been drinking again.

Interstellar looks great

It looks like it's meant to look.

It doesn't look bad but it does look fairly predictable and by the book in terms of plotting and emotional resonance (based on how they're presenting the trailer). Again, not a terrible thing but not something that gets me excited either.

Suen

He'd be a good fit for Parma. A very, very good one, even. Atalanta is sort of his second home at this point though, not sure why he'd leave. Unless Tanzi is making a comeback with dat Parmalat
invisible
money.

Mancini to Juve feels inevitable. If not now, sometime in the future.
If we get Europa League that might be his only reason for leaving Atalanta, don't see why he'd come otherwise. Quality-wise we're not that much better than Atalanta this season but we've been improving these recent years.

Parmalat exists in spirit. When Tanzi is released in 30 years or so he'll revive it.

#TanziBelieve.

Wilbur

Banned

It doesn't look bad but it does look fairly predictable and by the book in terms of plotting and emotional resonance (based on how they're presenting the trailer). Again, not a terrible thing but not something that gets me excited either.

Eh, emotional resonance and familial shit doesn't need to be unpredictable or groundbreaking to get me. If it's acted well - dat McConaughey - and written well, it'll be fine. There's a reason besides laziness and unoriginality it's used so often; because it works.

The concept intrigues me, the fact that I've heard the script is great, that some absolutely top shit goes down, that it looks beautiful... colour me excited.

L1NETT

2001 is the GOAT my man. CE and Galaxy Quest are right good.

Might get shit for this but Gravity in IMAX 3D was a fucking experience. Nowhere near the top but never saw the others in the cinema.

Best alien film is.....Alien.

Moon is good too

Wilbur

Banned
2001 is the GOAT my man. CE and Galaxy Quest are right good.

Might get shit for this but Gravity in IMAX 3D was a fucking experience. Nowhere near the top but never saw the others in the cinema.

Best alien film is.....Alien.

Moon is good too

I liked Gravity even more at home on blu. It's spectacularly well made.

Moon is brilliant.

Wilbur

Banned
obviously battlefield earth

pls

Star Wars 4-6, obv. Mars Attacks. Both versions of Solaris. The GOAT Starship Troopers.

And of course Gayniggers From Outer Space

The film follows a group of intergalactic homosexual black men from the planet Anus, who discover the presence of female creatures on planet Earth. Using rayguns, they proceed to eliminate females one by one from Earth, eliciting gratitude from the previously oppressed male population.[1] Before leaving the planet, they leave behind a "Gay Ambassador" to educate the Earthlings about their new way of life.

made by a Dane

Of course it was.

pls

Star Wars 4-6, obv. Mars Attacks. Both versions of Solaris. The GOAT Starship Troopers.

And of course Gayniggers From Outer Space

The film follows a group of intergalactic homosexual black men from the planet Anus, who discover the presence of female creatures on planet Earth. Using rayguns, they proceed to eliminate females one by one from Earth, eliciting gratitude from the previously oppressed male population.[1] Before leaving the planet, they leave behind a "Gay Ambassador" to educate the Earthlings about their new way of life.

made by a Dane

Of course it was.

11b5d89jpg.gif

"WOOOOODDDEEEEEENNNNNNN"

Wilbur

Banned
Sci Fi movie talk just reminds me how amazing Sunshine could have been.

It was decent. Second half was still relatively entertaining, but I didn't absolutely love the first half like a lot of people do.

Boyle has made the sum total of one great movie and a bunch of alright to average ones, I don't understand why he's so acclaimed.

Clegg, I really liked it. Just a fun game to play. Casual, easy to master, I got 100%. Good shit.

Pennywise

Is the new Infamous good?

Need a game for my PS4. Haven't played a game in months but finished my exams now.

Story is rather boring, allthough the characters are great.
Gameplay is really well balanced and it's alot of fun to use the different powers.

Sadly, it's not really long and doesn't offer much sidequests.
It's really a good game though, especially the visuals and the artstyle are kicking ass.

Wilbur

Banned
I thought you got black ones :lol u lying lil cunt. Or at least you thought you bought them? I was confused.

They're delish by the way. How much.

Clegg

It was decent. Second half was still relatively entertaining, but I didn't absolutely love the first half like a lot of people do.

Boyle has made the sum total of one great movie and a bunch of alright to average ones, I don't understand why he's so acclaimed.

Clegg, I really liked it. Just a fun game to play. Casual, easy to master, I got 100%. Good shit.

Story is rather boring, allthough the characters are great.
Gameplay is really well balanced and it's alot of fun to use the different powers.

Sadly, it's not really long and doesn't offer much sidequests.
It's really a good game though, especially the visuals and the artstyle are kicking ass.
Cheers guys.

Need something to play as so far my decision to purchase a PS4 has yet to be justified. Bought it in January and have barely used the thing since then.

lol you can gather all that from a trailer that very obviously only shows the beginning of the film?

I swear some of you guys hate everything

Wilbur

Banned
lol you can gather all that from a trailer that very obviously only shows the beginning of the film?

GAF OTs are the worst things ever :lol. The Godzilla thread... so many people asking questions answered in the film, or nitpicking to the point of parody.

1. I'm just basing my impressions from the trailer (as I said in my post).

2. I'm not very old but you do get to a point when you start feel like there's nothing new under the Sun. This very much applies to film after a while. Come back to me in a decade and tell me when that new space adventure movie comes out how excited you are for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom