• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to say to someone 'I don't know how much you know about football (I'm an expert)...'

I think it'd be pretty cool to have a thread for World Cup newbies where we talk about the basics and try and get people into the sport, as we tried and failed to do with Mumei :p

Jack cw

Hakan Challanoglu might come to Bayern. He just said that the Bayern interest is true and it makes him proud. I like the idea to get the best talent Bundesliga has. And no, he doesnt play at Dortmund.

3Sixty

Can't wait to say to someone 'I don't know how much you know about football (I'm an expert)...'

I think it'd be pretty cool to have a thread for World Cup newbies where we talk about the basics and try and get people into the sport, as we tried and failed to do with Mumei :p

I think it was something else that put Mumei off...

---

We are delighted to announce that @VehoWorld will become #SaintsFC’s Main Club Sponsor as of 1st July 2014.

I called it!!!

I certainly wouldn't want to see what the rules are according to a modern Barca fan.

moonface.png

Rule 1: The penalty area includes the line, and a further yard outside of it
Rule 2: If the ball goes within 2 feet of a player's arm, a free kick or penalty is to be given, and a booking received by the perpetrator
Rule 3: The grass is to exceed no greater length than 0.3cm, with an average of 200ml+ of water per square foot of surface
Rule 4: Anaemic players are to be given free kicks in their favour when contact is avoided
Rule 5: Goalkeepers shall be allowed to smash players in the face with their thighs

Yen

I'm looking forward to the worldcup thread. Talking about football with people who normally don't watch is fun.
I might try and vehemently argue offside decisions, but I'll be using the traditional offside of the 20th century, not now.

Pennywise

Girls don't fart or poo.

Scientifically proven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaginal_flatulence

XJW0MAi.gif

Suen

Rule number one: diving is part of the game

Rule 1: The penalty area includes the line, and a further yard outside of it
Rule 2: If the ball goes within 2 feet of a player's arm, a free kick or penalty is to be given, and a booking received by the perpetrator
Rule 3: The grass is to exceed no greater length than 0.3cm, with an average of 200ml+ of water per square foot of surface
Rule 4: Anaemic players are to be given free kicks in their favour when contact is avoided
Rule 5: Goalkeepers shall be allowed to smash players in the face with their thighs
:lol you guys are killing me.

Yen

Finished Pirlo's book. It's fantastic.

Pirlo on playing infront of the defence: "taking a shortcut might help you finish first, but one day you'll find yourself face-to-face with your demons and you'll lose. You'll perish in a hell that you yourself helped create."
Feels relevant to Gerrard. Don't look back, Steven.

On Lance Armstrong: "the authorities stripped Armstrong of seven Tour de France titles after showing that he'd scaled the Eiffel Tower in a helicopter."

Other highlights are the constant mocking of Gattuso, the chapter on Matri's hypochondria ("You're absolutely fine, your only problem is you're a wanker."), and the story of how Qatar tried to buy him.

The film follows the chaos that ensues when market-trader Agnes Brown and her family embark on a campaign to save her market stall from an evil developer, aided by a motley troop of blind trainee Ninjas.

Holy shit that sounds hilarious

Like a cross between Lesbian Vampire Killers (best comedy of that year) and the best sitcom of the last 25 years.

Very astute commentary on the way corporate fatcats are slowly removing all personality and individuality from the working class as well, should be hilarious, heartwarming and people will be able to learn a lesson from it. Blind ninjas should lead to some bloody brilliant situations as well, can't wait to see what they do with the premise.

Obviously those knobends who wank themselves silly over shite like Hot Fuzz will turn their noses up at it, but they can fuck off. There's a reason millions of people are Brownheads like me, it has real heart, originality and staying power. Gonna be boss.

Herr K

Banned
Finished Pirlo's book. It's fantastic.

Pirlo on playing infront of the defence: "taking a shortcut might help you finish first, but one day you'll find yourself face-to-face with your demons and you'll lose. You'll perish in a hell that you yourself helped create."
Feels relevant to Gerrard. Don't look back, Steven.

On Lance Armstrong: "the authorities stripped Armstrong of seven Tour de France titles after showing that he'd scaled the Eiffel Tower in a helicopter.

Other highlights are the constant mocking of Gattuso, the chapter on Matri's hypochondria (You're absolutely fine, your only problem is you're a wanker."), and the story of how Qatar tried to buy him.
What did that cunt say about Rino?

Holy shit that sounds hilarious

Like a cross between Lesbian Vampire Killers (best comedy of that year) and the best sitcom of the last 25 years.

Very astute commentary on the way corporate fatcats are slowly removing all personality and individuality from the working class as well, should be hilarious, heartwarming and people will be able to learn a lesson from it. Blind ninjas should lead to some bloody brilliant situations as well, can't wait to see what they do with the premise.

Obviously those knobends who wank themselves silly over shite like Hot Fuzz will turn their noses up at it, but they can fuck off. There's a reason millions of people are Brownheads like me, it has real heart, originality and staying power. Gonna be boss.

I fucking hate you so much right now.

<3

rvy

Banned
I wish I had enough space on my flash drive to make some 2k14 gifs and hype up Bla. But I don't.

Oh well, he'll be hyped soon enough.

noal

Banned

By the way hitcher, you have done exactly what I was going to do with your avatar. I even think it's the same flag!

By the way hitcher, you have done exactly what I was going to do with your avatar. I even think it's the same flag!

The little flags on top of normal avatars look a bit brass tbh :(

I really like this avatar though, it'll be a bit redundant if Sterling doesn't play, but still :p

Ask Askani in the flag thread if you need someone to do it for you :)

Hixx

The Norwich manager (dunno his name, always think of Nigel Adkins for some reason
KuGsj.gif
) thinks we had a lucky run of fixtures.

There's grasping for straws and then there's this guy.

noal

Banned
The little flags on top of normal avatars look a bit brass tbh :(

I really like this avatar though, it'll be a bit redundant if Sterling doesn't play, but still :p

Ask Askani in the flag thread if you need someone to do it for you :)

Yeah, I think it looks loads better with the flag as the background.

I'm sure Sterling will get his chance; he deserves it.

The Norwich manager (dunno his name, always think of Nigel Adkins for some reason
KuGsj.gif
) thinks we had a lucky run of fixtures.

There's grasping for straws and then there's this guy.

lol

Does he mean lucky results or lucky fixtures? Either way, it's a ludicrous thing to say. Especially since they lost handily at Old Trafford in the exact same circumstances.

edit: wait, people actually buy that Dare To Zlatan merchandise? What the fuck?

Hakan Challanoglu might come to Bayern. He just said that the Bayern interest is true and it makes him proud. I like the idea to get the best talent Bundesliga has. And no, he doesnt play at Dortmund.

What would you want with Calhanoglu? Will end worse than Baumjohann.

The guy needs to go to Leverkusen/Gladbach/etc or his career is basically over. A move to Bayern (or Dortmund, or any top club) is just too early for him.

Meier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom