• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Silva has been immense this season. Especially since his comeback from injury. Was easily their best players against Liverpool, best Spaniard in the league this season imo.
He's been the most consistent this season. But best Spaniard in the pl hardly means anything when the best Spanish players play in the La Liga.

LFC Fans how would you feel about this.

OUT: Johnson, Allen, Lucas, Borini, Alberto, Aspas

In: Shaqiri, Lallana, Betrand, Coentrao, Lovren, Martinez, Bony, Richards.

Blablurn

mandzukic-vor-dem-aus-600.jpg

fuenf

come on let's be real, Lewandowski is a clear improvement over him and Mandzu staying would have been a recipe for disaster next season. Mandzu has been far better than I imagined and I'm glad he helped turning Bayern into the juggernaut they are now. Nevertheless he hasnt been that impressive in the CL.... while he scored some very important goals last season most of them were actually very Gomez-like. Mandzukic was basically the "younger final evolution" of Olic.

I just hope he doesnt go to Chealsea as it would most likely push their cuntishness over the edge. He would be a great fit for Juve tho.

LTWheels

I would be disappointed if we got Betrand. Say something if Chelsea are willing to sell him to a team that they would now consider a rival club.

Since we are keeping Johnson until his contract ends, I would be disappointed if we do not buy a top quality left back to balance out Johnson's uselessness.

Same if we since Richards.

Hixx

Is it just me or does FIFA 14 on PS4 look a little underwhelming. Except the crowd it doesnt look that much different from the PC version.

Looks loads better. Lighting, DOF, motion blur, scanned faces look GREAT, cloth physics are pretty decent. Some of the aerial shots of the stadiums are horrendous though - the Etihad has Micro Machines cars driving around it!

What do you do when you're out with a group of work colleagues and one of them makes a racist comment passively.

Let it pass and give them the benefit of the doubt - people have a couple of drinks and let their guard down a bit?

bud

What do you do when you're out with a group of work colleagues and one of them makes a racist comment passively.

Let it pass and give them the benefit of the doubt - people have a couple of drinks and let their guard down a bit?

what did that colleague say?

I am surrounded by these kind of people
QUELLE SUrPRISE HUH

What can you do? Ask them to stop doing that? That's not going to do shit, is it.

faridmon

Not Aggressively, but I say '' I really don't think you should be saying that, mate'' and see it goes from there!

Hixx

Bruce will also go down in Humberside folklore if Hull win and he has restored his reputation after a bruising experience as the boss at Sunderland.

But he is not sure that he would ever like to have a statue erected outside the KC Stadium.

“So the pigeons can s**t on it, yeah,” quipped Bruce. “The Sunderland fans would like that, wouldn’t they?”

He's going to a Cup Final and he still has to talk about Sunderland
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

He needs help.

Hixx

"I hate that nigga", about a boxer.

He's from Spain btw, where that language might be used more freely...not that it makes it okay of course, but yeah social norms etc.

Oh he said it with an 'a', it's ok.

They said it like that in films all the time
dPrJaGc.png

bud

"I hate that nigga", about a boxer.

He's from Spain btw, where that language might be used more freely...not that it makes it okay of course, but yeah social norms etc.

jesus. haha.

sounds like a racist if you ask me. i'm not sure how i'd respond, but he doesn't sound like someone i'd hang out with or talk to at work.

Salvadora

I've been in that situation before although with sectarianism rather than racism. In the end, I stayed quiet and hoped it was a one off. Made a mental note about that person though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

depends on my mood
KuGsj.gif

and the person

Barcellona?

Bayern Monaco?

Munich is called Monaco in various languages including Italian.

That's what it's called in Italian.

I'm not sure they called Bayern Munich 'Bayern Monaco', however.

We call the city of Munich in a different way. So Bayern Munich is Bayern Monaco in Italian. Same goes for Barcelona, it has only one "l" in Spanish, in Italy we write it with two: just like Munich-Monaco, the team "gets" the same name the city has in Italian.

Derp1na

Banned

Watch Peep Show season 2 episode 2. It deals with this.

Munich is called Monaco in various languages including Italian.

We call the city of Munich in a different way. So Bayern Munich is Bayern Monaco in Italian. Same goes for Barcelona, it has only one "l" in Spanish, in Italy we write it with two: just like Munich-Monaco, the team "gets" the same name the city has in Italian.

Interesting.

Hixx

If arsenal lose today the meltdowns are going to be incredible

Pls hull

Pls Brucey Boy

Do it for the good of the world

No.

Anyone that wants Steve Bruce to win a cup is a deranged lunatic.

You all witter on about how insufferable Liverpool would have been if they won... Steve Bruce will be worse.

I work with older people so they regularly say things that are not acceptable and I always tell them when they are out of place.

However, response I get is eyeroll like 'Political correctness gone mad'. IMO people don't even know what they are saying is wrong half the time but it's still ignorance if you refuse to accept its wrong.

I can't abide people like that so I don't go out to pubs/clubs n shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom