• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Bosscielny signed an extension.

Get in.
Absolutely fantastic. Was worried some of his comments could be construed as him doing a runner. Sagna leaving is sad, but I'm glad the majority of our players are putting pen to paper for a change. Now to sign some superstars in the summer.

Az

I really enjoyed I am Zlatan, I guess I need to pick up Pirlo's book too. Any others worth reading?

Bloomberg article about the ratings for the Premier League here in the US. Averaged 440,000 viewers which seems pretty fucking good to me for games that are on as early as they are and otherwise during the work week. But this line.. this line.. something can't be right:

Doctor+s+Shocked+Expression+Comp.+I+could+watch+this+for+hours_09c6b5_3551554.gif

http://www.businessweek.com/article...lish-soccer-is-still-a-scoreless-draw#r=lr-sr

Bet you it was due to the Winter Olympics

Guys.

If we beat Atalanta this weekend, and Inturd loses to Nazio, we are level on points with Inturd with one game remaining. I'm buying a Seedorf kit next year if we finish above those cunts.

Yen

Since Arnie isn't here, I'll be the one to say Sterling is superior to Januzaj.
But seriously, earlier in the season I was saying Sterling could become our Pedro - a good, quick, technical player to be our most advanced player and beat the offside trap - but this is a fairly limited role. He's really excelled as the #10, exceeded by expectations. I think he could potentially play as a box-to-box midfielder in the future.

Bloomberg article about the ratings for the Premier League here in the US. Averaged 440,000 viewers which seems pretty fucking good to me for games that are on as early as they are and otherwise during the work week. But this line.. this line.. something can't be right:

Doctor+s+Shocked+Expression+Comp.+I+could+watch+this+for+hours_09c6b5_3551554.gif

http://www.businessweek.com/article...lish-soccer-is-still-a-scoreless-draw#r=lr-sr

wtf

Maybe it was disproportionately advertised because of the Welsh derby thing? Was Monk's first game as well I think.

Hey EnglishGAF.

What would be the best way to write a huge number like $21,322,699,000 in a shorter way?
$21,322,699k looks a bit strange, can I write 21,322,699 k$ or 21,322,699 T$?

May as well post this now before Kid A can. We'll be seeing it a lot this summer.

qaAicPP.png
Nani's stats were better than Ronaldo's so yeah..

Since Arnie isn't here, I'll be the one to say Sterling is superior to Januzaj.
But seriously, earlier in the season I was saying Sterling could become our Pedro - a good, quick, technical player to be our most advanced player and beat the offside trap - but this is a fairly limited role. He's really excelled as the #10, exceeded by expectations. I think he could potentially play as a box-to-box midfielder in the future.
Sterling has been a clear and outstanding talent for a long time. At least 3 years - always England's most gifted promising player in that time (with the possible exception of Wilshere).

Don't see him as a box to box though. Maybe he could do it but his best position will be coming off the wing IMO or playing in behind.

As for Januzaj vs Sterling. Januzaj is still only in his first season. That said Sterling has made a massive jump this year - I'd be surprised if Januzaj does the same.

Guys.

If we beat Atalanta this weekend, and Inturd loses to Nazio, we are level on points with Inturd with one game remaining. I'm buying a Seedorf kit next year if we finish above those cunts.

Sad that it seems increasingly likely the bald cunt will successfully have Clarence pushed out by the end of the season despite the positive results. This fucking management....*sigh*

Sad that it seems increasingly likely the bald cunt will successfully have Clarence pushed out by the end of the season despite the positive results. This fucking management....*sigh*

And here I was hoping that Galliani would retire at the end of this season . . . Instead he is still fucking us over.

Sterling is already at the stage where he can have an unremarkable game on the whole, and still set up 2 clear chances and score. Obviously that is largely due to playing next to/behind 2 strikers at the top of theri games and complement him perfectly, but it must do wonders for keeping his momentum going, confidence-wise

Nani's stats were better than Ronaldo's so yeah..

Sterling has been a clear and outstanding talent for a long time. At least 3 years - always England's most gifted promising player in that time (with the possible exception of Wilshere).

Don't see him as a box to box though. Maybe he could do it but his best position will be coming off the wing IMO or playing in behind.

As for Januzaj vs Sterling. Januzaj is still only in his first season. That said Sterling has made a massive jump this year - I'd be surprised if Januzaj does the same.

Nani was older in his first season with United than Ronaldo. He was 20/21 years old.

Rad-

RonRon wasn't super promising back in 03. He was a talent but it wasn't obvious that he would become world class. I still remember how Quaresma was considered the bigger Portuguese prospect until around 05-06 when Ronaldo's development took massive leaps.

And even when that Ronaldo - Rooney thing happened at WC06, there were many United fans that wanted Ronaldo out of United before Rooney. Crazy looking back.

pulsemyne

"NBC’s most popular Premier League match, a Feb. 8 scrum between Cardiff and Swansea, snagged 1.2 million viewers."

And they got to see the mighty swans smash cardiff. Well done america.

RonRon wasn't super promising back in 03. He was a talent but it wasn't obvious that he would become world class. I still remember how Quaresma was considered the bigger Portuguese prospect until around 05-06 when Ronaldo's development took massive leaps.

It was weird how he suddenly became world class between 05/06 and 06/07, in the summer that the English media blamed him for Rooney stamping on Carvalho's bollocks

#hgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom