• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RonRon wasn't super promising back in 03. He was a talent but it wasn't obvious that he would become world class. I still remember how Quaresma was considered the bigger Portuguese prospect until around 05-06 when Ronaldo's development took massive leaps.

And even when that Ronaldo - Rooney thing happened at WC06, there were many United fans that wanted Ronaldo out of United before Rooney. Crazy looking back.

Easy to say it now - and it's true alot of people had lost faith - but Ronaldo was always a ridiculously talented player. Just didn't have consistency and had a bad rep at the time, not helped by Rooney being at the club and doing very well. He had alot of amazing performances in those first two years.

Was a never a doubt he was amongst the most talented players out there, just needed it all to click and unsurprisingly that took a couple of years.

People are very quick to write young players off. Wilshere is a good current example IMO. When you've seen him play at the level he has, it's so obv he has massive talent, it will come to the fore eventually. It's never a guarantee but I'd be amazed if it didn't.

faridmon

I am thinking of not being here during the World Cup since This summer might be the most important time for me to go forward with my life with either get a proper job in the construction industry or Continue my studies into mastership!

Either way, I have to busy myself with improving my Portfolio!

So I hope you guys have a good one!

Thing with Wilshere is, pretty much everyone expected him to be world class already. I certainly did, he has ahsolutely tonnes of talent. I know his injuries have put a few halts to his progress, but he should be better than he is at this point in time.

I am thinking of not being here during the World Cup since This summer might be the most important time for me to go forward with my life with either get a proper job in the construction industry or Continue my studies into mastership!

My brother's a civil engineer, want me to ask him for a few pointers getting into construction?

Thing with Wilshere is, pretty much everyone expected him to be world class already. I certainly did, he has ahsolutely tonnes of talent. I know his injuries have put a few halts to his progress, but he should be better than he is at this point in time.

He's only 22. He missed an entire season of football. Didn't play a single game. That is such a huge setback for any player but especially a young one. Even these past two years, he's never had a clean bill of health.

He's yet to play a full relatively undisrupted season.

Not going to pretend there haven't been patches when he's been poor but when you think about just how many injuries/drug bans he has had...it's not that surprising he hasn't found consistency yet.

wedward

Just didn't have consistency and had a bad rep at the time, not helped by Rooney being at the club and doing very well. He had alot of amazing performances in those first two years.

People are very quick to write young players off. Wilshere is a good current example IMO. When you've seen him play at the level he has, it's so obv he has massive talent, it will come to the fore eventually. It's never a guarantee but I'd be amazed if it didn't.

A lot of people people, Arsenal fans especially, turned sour on Jack once Ramsey came good.

Jack has had too many setbacks to expect him to be anywhere close to world class at this point.

Missed 14 months. Coke problem. When he came back last season he looked pretty good at first but then picked up another injury and missed the final 12 games of the season. This season he was played out of position because of Ramsey.

He really just needs a solid run of games uninterrupted by injury. The talent is there.

Selfishly, I'd love it.

It was the best this country's been in my memory. Everyone just seemed proud to be British for a couple of weeks, and in the face of a few huge setbacks, we pulled the games off without a hitch.

@farid, PM me a few details of where and what you're looking for and I'll pass them onto my bro if they're relevant to his position :)

Hixx

What have they done to the index page of GAF? So much empty space. Wonder if they're going to stick ads there.

arkon

Good luck, man, with whatever you decide to do!

He was also being played on the wing, which is obviously not his natural position.

Fans always need a player to blame. It was Theo, then Ramsey and now it's Jack.

That's why you get loan signings in, they make fantastic pin cushions for the fans, and keep them off the backs of players the club is actually interested in developing. Especially when they come from Chelsea, and deserve it.

wedward

That's why you get loan signings in, they make fantastic pin cushions for the fans, and keep them off the backs of players the club is actually interested in developing. Especially when they come from Chelsea, and deserve it.

It's no surprise our title challenge went to shit when we signed Kim.

Yeah I really hope Wilshere fulfils his potential. I mean, I still watch that Barca game we won, and he was fucking outstanding in that match, completely stood toe to toe with the two best midfielders in the world at that time. He played brilliant in that first season, just hope he can come back to that level.

Scum

Ramsey was always going to turn out great. Just some dumb cunt at Stoke slowed him down. He's just picking up where he left off. Wilshere should take note and show his potential. Stop acting like some daft cunt from Tottenham Hale. I swear, he'd be known as a complete cunt if he was a Spurs player.

DriveClub has microtransactions? It's a near full priced game isn't it?

I'm still gonna hold out hope for AP.

I said it earlier this season that I see AP a bit deeper than the 10 position he's been playing for this season. In that sense I've been a bit harsh on him, but I feel like you have to with youth talents playing in youth football. Could be a late bloomer, but man Pogba. He had great footwork, unreal technique, passing ability, shooting ability, creativity and could muscle players off the ball. None of our current cms have all of those attributes.

AP = great technique, shooting ability, good footwork
BP = Good technique, defensive ability, good passer but not ambitious
Rothwell = Good engine, good technique, good passer, ambitious

None of them are the complete package Pogba was at youth level. Rothwell has actually been the best midfielder this season.

I said it earlier this season that I see AP a bit deeper than the 10 position he's been playing for this season. In that sense I've been a bit harsh on him, but I feel like you have to with youth talents playing in youth football. Could be a late bloomer, but man Pogba. He had great footwork, unreal technique, passing ability, shooting ability, creativity and could muscle players off the ball. None of our current cms have all of those attributes.

AP = great technique, shooting ability, good footwork
BP = Good technique, defensive ability, good passer but not ambitious
Rothwell = Good engine, good technique, good passer, ambitious

None of them are the complete package Pogba was at youth level. Rothwell has actually been the best midfielder this season.
Ha yeah there's no way AP is anywhere near as good as Pogba but I'm hoping he kicks on next year and start to show what he can do. He's better than he's been this year IMO. But yeah it's getting a bit late for him and I can't see him going on loan either.

Elchele

Bayern II won the Regionalliga Bayern. They will play against Fortuna Koln or something like that in the play-offs for promotion to 3.Liga

BnN0As7IYAI4w5Q.jpg:large

YES TEN HAG

Guys please answer Cleorax's question properly.

Qualities I would like to see are:

marking
tackling
heading
strength
pace
acceleration
work rate
stamina
determination
anticipation
jumping
passing
positioning
passing
tackling
first touch
team work
stamina
composure
creativity
determination
decisions
long shots
dribbling
work rate

Yen

I'd be a lot more excited for the Giro d'Italia in Belfast if they weren't all drug cheats (how's that for a generalisation)
/avaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom