• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
baby Quiche, please tell me you didn't bet on us winning tomorrow?
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

only got you guys on the Both Teams to Score bet!

good luck bro

Thanks!

I feel good about this!

rvy

Banned
I think if you're publicly racist on TV in front of millions to the point that it becomes an internationally renowned event then I can imagine most people would lose their jobs in those circumstances.

I don't think what you do outside of your job should influence your ability to have that job unless you're going around killing people or raping children.
But Wooden tells me the guy worked for the club, so it turns out it wasn't outside of his job. Shouldn't be throwing bananas at people in your workplace.

Alright.

Overtly racist? Yeah, they're probably going to get sacked from most jobs.

I was under the impression that he worked somewhere else, so I didn't see any reason why him being a racist outside of his workplace had any bearing in firing him.

Hixx

I own a real estate agent. If he's good at the job, sure. Keep the racism at home and we're fine.

So when/if someone finds out he's racist and he works for your company and decides not to use your services and tell their friends to do similar, you'd just shrug your shoulders?

King_Moc

Banned
I don't think what you do outside of your job should influence your ability to have that job unless you're going around killing people or raping children.
But Wooden tells me the guy worked for the club, so it turns out it wasn't outside of his job. Shouldn't be throwing bananas at people in your workplace.

Alright.

I was under the impression that he worked somewhere else, so I didn't see any reason why him being a racist outside of his workplace had any bearing in firing him.

Being a racist? Fine. Actually acting upon that and insulting others based on their race? He should be in fucking jail, not just out of a job.

rvy

Banned
So when/if someone finds out he's racist and he works for your company and decides not to use your services and tell their friends to do similar, you'd just shrug your shoulders?

In my case specifically? The black population where I work is negligible.
If you're talking about a different set of circumstances, unless the person in question is being racist at the workplace, be it towards co-workers or clients, I don't see any reason to fire him because he's uneducated in his private life.

I don't hire or fire people because they're progressive or generally good people, but because they're good or bad at the job.

Suen

Welcome back Yurt. Zabo's soul was about to disappear and plug almost forgot he supports Juve. You bribe stability to your club <3

Suen

Those Bayern Barca shirts. To think it would go this far. It's almost as if Jupp's era never existed, pathetic.

What does everyone think about retiring shirts?

Some people are saying we should retire #11.

I think it's a shit idea.

(And what shirts are retired at your club if any)

LegoArmo

The interesting thing is, if both Hibs and Hearts are relegated, that's going to be a tough league for Rangers to get out of next year.

Stupid, the numbers build prestige and inspire future players, like the number 7 at United.

HAIL!

Henceforth you shall be known as Famously Useful Community King Bla!

HAIL!

I kid, I love you really.

Just a run down on Dark Souls 1, how it all works. I get to the first boss, dodge around a bit and take ages to get his health down and then he just sits on me and kills me instantly. So then I go to a dead realm or something and told to touch a stone that takes me to a castle. And then just expected to kill everything? I have no idea what my objective is, I run around and kill a bunch of zombie dudes. See a guy on a wall that just charges at me with a spear to kill me and then start back at the castle level again. Bit lost and don't understand what I am doing. If I complete this level or whatever and become physical again, do I just go back to the first boss and likely die again and have to do this all again? Game wasn't clear to me.

I hope a miracle happens as it would be one of the greatest end of seasons ever, your forwards deserve the title. Your defence deserves relegation and your midfield deserves top four. Weird team really, but love how you have brought English players through and have gone for every game no matter how suicidal. And not in a boring, pass it for the sake of it way.

I literally don't have a clue where you are in the game :p

If you're at the beginning, it goes thus

Tutorial section
Difficult boss, virtually unbeatable
Go through open door on the left (from the entrance) of the boss area
Defeat enemies, explore, find decent sword
Enter fog gate
Defeat boss (stay behind him, when he flies into the air FUCKING RUN. Hit and run tactics, attack 2 or 3 times then concentrate on staying behind him while you regain stamina)
Receive key
Unlock main door, go to end of level

You don't need to worry about Human and Hollow form just yet, if at all :)

Few important basic tips that will help immeasurably

-Shield up at all times
-Stamina management
-If you're not sure you have enough of a window to attack without reply, don't
-Never turn your back to a close enemy
-Kite enemies into advantageous positions, try to aggro one at a time
-Take it slow with enemies with high HP
-Circle-strafe
-Get ready to roll
-Learn enemy attack patterns

The Souls games will destroy you if you don't pay attention to your stamina, or if you get cocky. A lot of it will come down to persistence.

Stupid unless it's because of a death. Players should aspire to fill our number 7 shirt

Pennywise

Haha I know. All the ABU's have loved this season so much. Van Gaal gonna put an end to their dreams, don't worry Penny title challenge for us United bro's next season I can feel it.

I don't doubt that you're going for alot of quality players, but that list ist just not possible even with a huge warchest.

I don't doubt that you're going for alot of quality players, but that list ist just not possible even with a huge warchest.

Why not? We have £200m to spend. £30m for Shaw is done. Kroos is in his last year of contract, we won't have to but let's just say we go up to £40m for him. That's leaves £130m to get Silva and Reus. I suspect £65m for each would do it and that's before sales which should bring in say £20m and like I said Kroos will be less than £40m.

Easily doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom