• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Found this comment on DM about Sagna's move to City. Fucking fantastic.

At his age a Great deal for Sagna and 150 grands or whatever the deal really is would still be a lot of money but City would still feel that to get the best out of Sagna they must provide him with something.. something extra.. something that would show him the Love.. something that will make him feel wanted and at home.. I am lost for words here but I wonder if anyone can guess what that something is?

As much as I give JJ stick - all he does is report what he's told and fills the rest of his articles with pointless words.

Whether LvG has decided against it or not, we'll see - but someone will have told Jamie Jackson that.

That's what I thought too.

Maybe Wooders trying to say "hey I could've done the deal but the manager doesn't want him" to cover his arse.

Ah well interested to know who LvG DOES want then.

OMG JEFF CAN YOU CONFIRM LOOOOL

Police are investigating an alleged minor scuffle in a Clitheroe wine bar at the same time as former Manchester United manager David Moyes was having a drink with a friend.

Mr Moyes, who succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson as manager at Old Trafford in July 2013, was in The Emporium wine bar and restaurant in Moor Lane with another man on Wednesday evening.

Lancashire Constabulary today issued a statement saying: “Police are investigating a report of an assault at the Emporium wine bar in Clitheroe.

“Officers attended the bar at about 10pm on Wednesday and it was reported that a 23-year-old local man had been assaulted by a 51-year-old man. He did not require hospital treatment.

“Inquiries are ongoing and we are speaking to a number of people to try to establish the circumstances.

“There are a number of differing accounts which we need to work through to try to establish exactly what has happened. No-one has been arrested at this stage.”

Police are examining CCTV footage from the bar and speaking to people who were in there at the time.

Former Preston North End boss Mr Moyes, 51, was sacked by United last month after finishing seventh

Jarnet87

Muppet season is the only time I am envious of other big clubs. Every off season with United we are tortured daily with transfers rumors. All the other big clubs just get their shit done within days. They don't have 10 papers claiming the player has signed while 10 other papers claim hes not even a target. The dream is dead. No more Kroos, no more Fabrege. Shed no tears only Cleverly now.

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

Hixx

Muppet season is the only time I am envious of other big clubs. Every off season with United we are tortured daily with transfers rumors. All the other big clubs just get their shit done within days. They don't have 10 papers claiming the player has signed while 10 other papers claim hes not even a target. The dream is dead. No more Kroos, no more Fabrege. Shed no tears only Cleverly now.

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

Every club goes through this. You just don't follow those stories as closely as you do for your own club.

Yeah I mentioned it yesterday. So slow now. Ugh. Just give me low-tech shit that loads fast and is no-nonsense. That's all I need and want.

It didn't load any player pages for me yesterday, so I just saw today that it's really annoying to get information from the newly designed player pages. It being so slow will obviously be solved but the design is still terrible.

Apart from the first month or so of last season I never really paid any attention to individual performances of Dortmund players. How did Aubameyang do overall?

Well, stat-wise he did great. But he really needs to improve his passing, it's really fucking awful at times. Dropped form at the end of the season. Or rather, didn't play as much because Piszczek is back, Großkreutz could play LW/RW again and Jojic has done great so far.

Ser Goje

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...h-will-not-increase-toni-kroos-contract-offer

New president Hopfner warned Bayern's current offer would not remain on the table indefinitely.

"There will certainly be further talks. But at some point the player has to say what he wants," Hopfner said in an interview with Kicker magazine.

"We will not exceed certain financial boundaries."

Hopfner pointed to the case of Michael Ballack, who left the club for Chelsea in 2006, as a similar example.

"It was the same with Michael Ballack and at some point we withdrew the offer," he added.

GOD DAMN YOU PEOPLE

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

Well, no.

Arsenal had it worse over the years. Ours was the worst last year, but Arsenal had it much much worse.

Edit: I thought Moyes was a bad manager for us but he was never a cunt. I hope he's alright.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

Look at the bright side, maybe we will get so bad that players will no longer use us as tools in their contract negotiations, maybe they will switch to Liverpool. Thenn every rumour we get would be true.

Now i made myself sad :(

By all accounts the lad is a standard run of the mill nobhead as well

Surprised Moyes let it get to him but you're right its not on he doesn't even have any reason to be disliked around here

Park was ultimate big game player. Loved him.

Gonna be so weird that neither of us are in the CL next year!
At least United will be back in a year, Milan is still far, far away from that level :(
Kinda sad how you signed the three R's one after the other at about 1/20th of their former powers. Least' you got a glimpse.
Ronaldo was probably the most impressive one, even overweight, old and out of shape was still unpredictable.

Wilbur

Banned
Telegraph were saying it's nailed on ten minutes ago :lol

Fuck all the papers. Not listening to any bullshit until I see them with the shirt on.

Salazar

I feel like the Martin Keown piece "Kroos 1st piece of United jigsaw innit" was counter-productive somehow.

The cosmos decided that LvG and Keown could not be on the same wavelength, and something had to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom