• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

People are now speculating that on a saints forum an old user who used to post a lot of anti-cortese stuff was actually Alan Pardew...

Lols.

I can't stop watching the Raul Meireles vine. It's kinda how I dance.

He's really let himself go since Robbie sold him :(

Also to Quiche's Schurrle comment, he's too inconsistent for us, when he looks good, he looks great, scores goals and makes a difference but when he's not doing that, he offers nothing like the others.

Hopefully he has a good pre-season, this will be the first season in a long time we haven't signed an attacking midfielder (Mata --> Marin/Hazard/Oscar --> Willian/Schurrle/Salah) assuming none of them leave and we'll (hopefully!) sign a top striker to work with them who is coming towards the prime in their career at the perfect time for these players to support them.

Oh and when Luiz goes, I hope we get a decent price and don't sell him on the cheap which I suspect we will.

The people get what they want!

£30m pls...

injWQiTTMmBYx.png

He's not in your first 11
You're actively trying to sell him in the very same summer Terry is reportedly being released

How is that not a fucking great big warning sign?

People are now speculating that on a saints forum an old user who used to post a lot of anti-cortese stuff was actually Alan Pardew...

Lols.

Hopefully that's true cos that's awesome.

How you feeling about tomorrow? Shaw's last game for you guys. Not trolling btw, genuinely asking. Are you annoyed it looks like he's going so soon?

By interesting

Do you mean shit.

Let me reassure you, he's shit and he'll be going back to Germany next summer.

Idk man I think Schurrle is going to become your Dirk Kuyt. And I don't mean that in the way Liverpool fans would mean it.

He's really let himself go since Robbie sold him :(

Also to Quiche's Schurrle comment, he's too inconsistent for us, when he looks good, he looks great, scores goals and makes a difference but when he's not doing that, he offers nothing like the others.

Hopefully he has a good pre-season, this will be the first season in a long time we haven't signed an attacking midfielder (Mata --> Marin/Hazard/Oscar --> Willian/Schurrle/Salah) assuming none of them leave and we'll (hopefully!) sign a top striker to work with them who is coming towards the prime in their career at the perfect time for these players to support them.

Oh and when Luiz goes, I hope we get a decent price and don't sell him on the cheap which I suspect we will.

Something about him I like. I think he seems like a nice dude and he is really good at times. His goals against Sweden and Stoke were pretty great!

Luiz wouldn't be so bad if you paired him up with a hard as nails defender. He's good with the ball and isn't afraid to carry it forward.

But you already have one of those in Pique and Luiz doesn't know how to defend. Smacks of Barca putting the philosophy of their style over the actual needs of the team.

Not sure that works since he's been crap next to Cahill, Ivanovic and Terry.

3Sixty

I want this to be true.

---

It makes sense due to timing and an ITK saying the account was used by multiple staff including ex manager.

Hopefully that's true cos that's awesome.

How you feeling about tomorrow? Shaw's last game for you guys. Not trolling btw, genuinely asking. Are you annoyed it looks like he's going so soon?

Yes and no.

Love seeing players from the academy in the team and playing well and is annoying seeing them poached so soon.

But, we'll be getting top dollar and he is very replaceable.

Razor554

What a ridiculous transfer this is going to be, modern Barcelona all over

'Oh shit, I've just realised, none of our defenders are much good at, you know, defending. Who should we buy to fix this? David Luiz, you say? Go on then, £26m'

You have 3 months to make 2 years' worth of transfers, and you can't risk any of them going wrong. And you're going to piss your CB budget up the wall on him. Jesus.

Signing Luiz would be okay if he is just going to be Song replacement as he is clear upgrade over Song. But if he is our sole cb purchase this summer, then we are royally fucked.

Zubizarreta1.jpg

Salazar

Charlie Wyett ‏@CharlieWyett 15m
Wilfried Zaha interview in The Sun tomorrow. He talks about Manchester United, Cardiff, England. . and David Moyes' daughter

I can feel Viva's excitement from a different hemisphere

Talks about England ? wot

National Trust ? Indyref ? Climate change ? What the fuck does Wilf Zaha have to say about England

It makes sense due to timing and an ITK saying the account was used by multiple staff including ex manager.

Yes and no.

Love seeing players from the academy in the team and playing well and is annoying seeing them poached so soon.

But, we'll be getting top dollar and he is very replaceable.
What do you mean when you say that. As in, he's not that good or that important in the role he plays.

Charlie Wyett ‏@CharlieWyett 15m
Wilfried Zaha interview in The Sun tomorrow. He talks about Manchester United, Cardiff, England. . and David Moyes' daughter

I can feel Viva's excitement from a different hemisphere

Talks about England ? wot

National Trust ? Indyref ? Climate change ? What the fuck does Wilf Zaha have to say about England
Fucking can't wait for LvG to beat the shit out of this punk.

Meier

I kept thinking from the Eurovision gifs y'all posted that the beard was just make-up. I didn't realize it was a drag queen.

Still reading more about Jose putting his foot down over Courtois, who wants to go back to Atletico next season as he doesn't want to be number 2 to Cech. Cech is out for 8-10 weeks after an operation and despite his legendary status and in my opinion still at least a very good goalkeeper, I think if Courtois doesn't make any major cock-ups he will get given the number 1 shirt and won't need to relinquish it for the next decade at least.

Don't see why we should loan him out when theres concerns over Cech's fitness for next season, it would stupid.

JT/Lamps out of tomorrows game too with illness? I hope Kalas plays.

kmax

Still reading more about Jose putting his foot down over Courtois, who wants to go back to Atletico next season as he doesn't want to be number 2 to Cech. Cech is out for 8-10 weeks after an operation and despite his legendary status and in my opinion still at least a very good goalkeeper, I think if Courtois doesn't make any major cock-ups he will get given the number 1 shirt and won't need to relinquish it for the next decade at least.

Don't see why we should loan him out when theres concerns over Cech's fitness for next season, it would stupid.

JT/Lamps out of tomorrows game too with illness? I hope Kalas plays.

Atletico will be bought to pieces this summer anyway, so I have a hard time seeing him staying around there. You should probably go get him.

3Sixty

What do you mean when you say that. As in, he's not that good or that important in the role he plays.

Bit of both. Hes obviously a very good LB at the moment which i feel we could replace with comparable quality at less cost. Obviously he upside is massive though.

As I've said before I'd rather lose Shaw ahead of Lallana or Schneiderlin.

GQman2121

Banned
He's not in your first 11
You're actively trying to sell him in the very same summer Terry is reportedly being released

How is that not a fucking great big warning sign?

If Terry is in fact allowed to walk (which I don't believe) I think that means either we're signing a LB allowing Azpilicueta to move to RB and Ivanovic to CB with Cahill. We'll then either sign someone or give one of the three kids that we already own a shot. Kalas making his first start at Anfield was a sign that Mou believes he is apart of this team. He'll likely play a part tomorrow at Cardiff too.

I don't think it's a sign that we're cleaning house and will have a new fleet of players at the start of next year. We really only have one glaring hole that needs to be filled this summer.

Elchele

from the MLS thread:

Ben Jata @Ben_Jata:

.@SportingKC just completed 52 passes in a row. #MTLvSKC

.@SportingKC finishes with 803 passes & Oriol Rosell finishes with 160 of his own; both @MLS records since Opta started recording stats.

Obviously a former Barcelona player had to be involved.

3Sixty

Found a post from that 'Maybe Pardew' account ina thread on best player seen in the flesh.

"pele playing for santos at fulham when i was a kid" - Pardew would have been 12 when Pele played at Fulham.

"being the same age as diego id have to give him the nod" - Pards and Maradona would be the same age for 3 and a half months every year.

Its really him isn't it.

subtles

Found a post from that 'Maybe Pardew' account ina thread on best player seen in the flesh.

"pele playing for santos at fulham when i was a kid" - Pardew would have been 12 when Pele played at Fulham.

"being the same age as diego id have to give him the nod" - Pards and Maradona would be the same age for 3 and a half months every year.

Its really him isn't it.

Please let it be true.

MexiCag

Banned
What a ridiculous transfer this is going to be, modern Barcelona all over

'Oh shit, I've just realised, none of our defenders are much good at, you know, defending. Who should we buy to fix this? David Luiz, you say? Go on then, £26m'

You have 3 months to make 2 years' worth of transfers, and you can't risk any of them going wrong. And you're going to piss your CB budget up the wall on him. Jesus.

God, another diver that joins Barça.

3Sixty

What kind of stuff was Maybe Pardew posting about Cortese anyway?

Just slating him for everything.

Here is a great post.

AP tried to get medical staff changed from last october onwards. had new physio in place, ex wimbledon/west ham 20yrs premier league experience. cortese met him ,took instant dislike to him and refused to take him on. this is his perogative as chairman but just shows how soon he was prepared not to let the manager manage. AP wasnt happy with the medical/sports science level of experience. This has led us to where we are now, Ads out,Lambert nowhere near fit,,many of the squad had interrupted pre season but by this time all medical /physio came under the Les read umbrella and were not directly answerable to AP. absolutely not the way to run a football club. finally got a new physio after orient game but damage was done. Cortese meddling and thoroughly inept, he is now all powerful and totally unnacountable,adding this to his total lack of football based business knowledge and we are flying by the seat of our pants !!!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom