• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Ashley Cole not in the WC squad. Not entirely unexpected though I do feel, defensively, he offers a bit more than Baines and Shaw.

IS UNCLE ROY GOING TO ATTACK!?

3Sixty

Arsenal payed £2m for Pennant in 1999.

So account for inflation and the Shaw > Pennant ratio that makes Shaw worth at least £350m

Meier

Jesus. The game was at 9am for you guys? What time did you get up to get to that place?

I woke up at 7:30 today.. if I'm watching from home, I just set my alarm a few minutes before kick off which is nice. The fans out on the West coast have it really rough when it's a ~noon game in the UK. Starts at like 4-something there. When City played Norwich in the run in during the 11/12 season, I was in Colorado at the time on a trip. I had food poisoning and was up puking and everything throughout the night, but at least it meant I was awake for the 5:45 start time, lol. Carlitos got a hat trick in that one.

I would love it if we signed Shaw. I don't want to lose him but could see us selling Aleks to an Italian team. Put that and the extra cash towards Shaw.

Oh god, on Thursday bums could not be squeakier.

CSKA champions if : they win against Loko. or draw and Zenit fail to win.
Zenit champions if: they win against Kuban and CSKA draw/lose.
Loko champions if: they win against CSKA and Zenit draw/lose.

The two CL spots are obviously all still up for grabs as well. AVB pls.

Walshy

Arsenal payed £2m for Pennant in 1999.

So account for inflation and the Shaw > Pennant ratio that makes Shaw worth at least £350m
Pennant was actually quite decent for Liverpool.

He was boss in the Champions League 2007 final. Remember him being one of our best attacking players.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

forza zenit ynwa. Dat avb don't worry

Or something

Pennant was actually quite decent for Liverpool.

He was boss in the Champions League 2007 final. Remember him being one of our best attacking players.

He was fantastic in the 5 or so games before he left too. Think he was just too inconsistent, not enough of a goal threat and his personality clashed with Rafa's

Walshy

What are the reported wages for him?
£100k p/w.

I find it bit presumptuous that Shaw is being touted as a 10 year, first choice option. It's a bit early in his career to say that innit.
He has been top class for two seasons.

Not seen a better young leftback in England than him since Cole.

Well that depends on whether the reported wages are true.
True, any indication it might be lower than what was first touted?

Dark Rider

How would Liverpool fans feel if next season they see Xabi Alonso in the flesh running in the Anfield wearing Real Madrid colours (Champions League match)?

Feorax

How would Liverpool fans feel if next season they see Xabi Alonso in the flesh running in the Anfield wearing Real Madrid colors (Champions League match)?

Bit indifferent really. I like Xabi, and want him to be successful, but current Liverpool always takes priority.

MPW

ancelloti really doesn't give a damn about winning league titles :(

as long as real wins cl, its all good i guess

pulga

Banned

more irrelevant than the honduran league

or hockey

or the honduran hockey league

Scum

Fuck. My PC PSU might be dead.

Ashley Cole not in the WC squad. Not entirely unexpected though I do feel, defensively, he offers a bit more than Baines and Shaw.

IS UNCLE ROY GOING TO ATTACK!?
Just got this from Eurosport. Rejected the standby.

3Sixty

So lets say Shaw leaves. 30m or whatever.

Replacements?

Timothée Kolodziejczak was linked recently. Looks a player and wouldn't be that expensive.

Matty Targett to make the step up from the youth teams is possible, Shaw is pysically ahead of him but by all accounts Targett is at least as good technique wise.

Clyne to LB Chambers RB could happen too.

pulga

Banned
How would Liverpool fans feel if next season they see Xabi Alonso in the flesh running in the Anfield wearing Real Madrid colours (Champions League match)?

why are you asking the wrong question? he'll get a warm welcome and that's it

ask them about Suarez

more irrelevant than the honduran league

or hockey

or the honduran hockey league

Well I'll be damned.

O43FbDl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom