• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

I really hope we sign Costa just for the whinging on here. I want him to give Shinji an elbow.

A front line of Suarez, Aspas, and Costa is the naughtiest trio in world football. Throw Coutinho behind them and the event horizon is near.

Get Papa in defence as well. What a beast of a side.

CERBERUS_zpsc7e9e35d.png

Salvadora

Ian Wright is being a bit of a cunt.

First saying that Arsenal need to sign world class players and then telling Suarez to snub us.

ShogunX

Ian Wright is being a bit of a cunt.

First saying that Arsenal need to sign world class players and then telling Suarez to snub us.

Ian Wright is spot on.

We need to see something I've not seen Arsenal do for many years and that is compete to sign players that Manchester United would want, that Manchester City would want and that Chelsea would want.

But they're running out of time and I don't think, at the moment, they've got the ability to attract those players because they haven't won anything in such a long time. This is why Arsenal are in serious trouble right now.

I would like to see them go as far as they can to get Suarez, but they can't just buy him and not replenish the rest of the team. I think they need a goalkeeper, two centre-halves, two full-backs - for both left-back and right-back positions - another midfielder and two strikers.

It doesn't make sense buying Suarez for that money and not backing it up with other signings of the same stature.

Arnie

Get me Papa and Costa and I'm napping in a pool of my own spunk.

Would rather have the Ukrainian Messi to Costa, but the link to the former seems rather tenuous.

And Newcastle are continuing their descent into QPRdom.

Ian Wright is spot on.
Exactly right.

Arsenal need a firm, top draw, first choice goalkeeper before they go blowing £55 million on a striker.

Ian Wright is spot on.

I don't think he's right. United don't always go for players of that stature. Only City, Chelsea, Real, Barca, etc... do.

Suarez is a step in the right direction and even if they don't buy more players in other areas that compare to Suarez's stature, they would still be better off than using their current transfer policy.

justjohn

Ian wright is quite stupid isn't he. How can you say arsenal need quality players and then say suarez shouldn't sign for arsenal. So which is it?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsene delayed the team photo-shoot for a week.

Hmmmmmmmmm

And Suarez was spotted getting a haircut.

Showaddy

Exactly right.

Arsenal need a firm, top draw, first choice goalkeeper before they go blowing £55 million on a striker.

I'm still amazed Wenger didn't go for Lloris last season, surely being French he knew how good he was and how cheap he could have got him for?

ShogunX

I don't think he's right. United don't always go for players of that stature. Only City, Chelsea, Real, Barca, etc... do.

Suarez is a step in the right direction and even if they don't buy more players in other areas that compare to Suarez's stature, they would still be better off than using their current transfer policy.

He's right in that if Arsenal ever want to be more than just fourth place challengers every season, they need to start buying quality players that the teams above them would want.

dc89

It's per month, not week, DC.

City give those sort of wages to Jack fucking Rodwell.

If the cause is living in a day dream, then yes he's a traitor.

It's about £88k a week. City probably pay their kit manager that.

You give those wages to James Milner, dweeb

Ah I misread it. Ah well, whatever. At least they're signing a player unlike some teams.

£88k a week?

I'll stick my neck out and say Jojo, Navas and Negredo are all on less.

Based Kinnear indeed.

Wilbur

Banned
Ah I misread it. Ah well, whatever. At least they're signing a player unlike some teams.

£88k a week?

I'll stick my neck out and say Jojo, Navas and Negredo are all on less.

Based Kinnear indeed.

All those players will be on at least 90k. I refuse to believe they'd take less than that, or City would offer less than that.

Yen

When an airline says a 'govt issued ID' is valid for flying, does that include my Electoral ID? Don't have a passport.

Seems they do.

He's right in that if Arsenal ever want to be more than just fourth place challengers every season, they need to start buying quality players that the teams above them would want.

He specifically said players in other key positions with Suarez-like stature. Not even United do that. United buy players that have potential or players that are underrated. United sprinkle a player like RVP every so often.

United compete for titles with that. Arsenal can do the same.

Suarez is a step in the right direction.

Now if he's going to argue that they should prioritize better, than fair enough, but he shouldn't have mentioned the need for those players to have the same stature as Suarez as those players only go to Bayern, Real, etc...

dc89

All those players will be on at least 90k. I refuse to believe they'd take less than that, or City would offer less than that.

Quickly searching each player and 'wages' in google and everyone's reporting £80k ish for Navas and Negredo and £88k for JoJo.

All with performance based bonuses.

Navas has apparently doubled his wage in moving.

Arnie

Arsenal could offer Luis a nice bump to his wages along with Champion's League football.
:lol

We could match Arsenal's wages, even without Champions League football.

And

a) You've still got to qualify

And

b) Even if/when you do you're not a team capable of winning it.

Bottling club of passionless dribble.

Carbonox

Lyon president says Gomis deal should be wrapped up in the next 24/48 hours.

pls

'bout time.

No. No. No this has to be bullshit. City and Chelsea wouldn't pay those wages to any player in the world.

How could Newcastle afford it?!

Cos in all reality we can.

However, that doesn't mean we should. Absurd wages if true. That's more than what we were willing to give Ba when we offered him a new contract before he signed for Chelsea. And we all know Ba > Gomis. Still, I expect Gomis to do well in the Premier League. Would be good competition for Cisse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom