• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Allow me to correct myself:

Isco were simply fantastic, it's a joy to watch this kid unfold his talent on the pitch.

Are there any Napoli fans in here? Could we have more pictures and videos of Higuaín posted?

Wilbur

Banned
I do think Liverpool should be prioritising with a centre back before going for Costa, and it does make them extremely top heavy. But they'll be good to watch this year.

LNBL

Looks like this Januzaj pass.

iw3ZseOJYBnWc.gif

Sneijder was amazing with the outside foot passes a couple of years ago, too bad he has lost his form.

neddenklungel.gif

Arnie

It's formation time I think, baby:

Mignolet
Johnson - Toure/Papa - Agger - Enrique
Gerrard - Coutinho - Lucas
Aspas/Suarez - Sturridge/Suarez - Costa

with Jones, Kelly, Wisdom, Henderson, Allen, Borini, Sterling/Alberto on the bench?

It's good on paper. Pretty, pretty good.
Running to the loo at work I can't hold it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Diego Costa: Of strikers in La Liga in the last 4 seasons, only Roberto Soldado (39) has picked up more bookings than Diego Costa (34)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Diego Costa: Of strikers in La Liga in the last 4 seasons, only Roberto Soldado (39) has picked up more bookings than Diego Costa (34)

Liverpool are going to be hilarious next season

Could be good too

Clegg

You'd have to hope that this quote is made up. Otherwise, Wenger has gone senile.

Arsene Wenger: "The market hasn't moved a lot, apart from Manchester City, nobody has done anything."

Has he ignored Tottenham's and Liverpool's signings?

He is a worker tbh, he did the dirty job for Falcao last 2 seasons, he fights for every ball and tries to recover lost balls as soon as possible, Simeone once said he was the most important player for Atletico up front.

operon

I don't think Arsenal have much of a chance of winning the Champion's League, so that's completely unnecessary.

I wouldn't say Arsenal make up the numbers either. I think that's a bit of a spiteful taunt from those playing in lesser European competitions or not at all.

It's not meant as a spiteful taunt but more of a reality check of where arsenal are at the moment. It's sad because most people like the team and the football they play and a lot of my friend are arsenal friends and of course they are not man united which make them so much more likeable. Wenger's problem is he is caught up in building up a team from scratch, turning young players into world beaters. The problem is in the modern game fans demand results and trophies, and too many teams are starting to get their act together. As a Liverpool fan we've had to endure a sorry time esp with being out of the champions league it's not to easy to get back into it again, Arsenal should take note.

pappe

You'd have to hope that this quote is made up. Otherwise, Wenger has gone senile.

He is so delusional he probably thinks Utd,City and Chelsea are their direct competitors and not Spurs and Liverpool when its clear to the blindest man that it's the other way round

Salvadora

"We have signed Sanogo, he has not made the headlines. Why? Because he is not £50m to £100million, but I am quite confident he will make them soon on the pitch, and that for me is the most important," the Arsenal boss said.
You're killing me Arsene.

Yes, an injury prone unknown French postman on a free transfer is going to make headlines.

sohois

Has he ignored Norwich, Swansea, Southampton, Sunderland, pretty much every PL team outside of Arsenal, M United and Newcastle

Turok_TTZ

Is that Isco? Beautiful stuff. Likelihood is he or Ozil will be sitting most games out, lol.

Fucken Madrid

come at me plug

Ozil hasn't been as good as his first season with madrid. Ozil never had competition to begin with (kaka, you kidding me?), if ozil doesn't step up I have no qualms with Isco taking his spot. Especially since Isco actually bothers to track back and help defend as well as providing us his support in attack through his incisive passing.

Ozil could use this kick in the rear. Especially since for a professional footballer, his stamina is laughable.

Salvadora

Which position does Arsenal needs to strenghten in your opinion?
Ideally we would need to bring in a new keeper, centre back, defensive midfielder, striker & possibly a right-back. Don't know what we'll do if Gibbs gets himself injured either. Those are the dire weaknesses in the squad at the moment.

I could list more but that's already pie in the sky.

You're killing me Arsene.

Yes, an injury prone unknown French postman on a free transfer is going to make headlines.
at least he was free, injury problems can be worked out, plenty of good footballers have had terrible injuries in the late teens early 20's. I dont expect him to be the next Henry, but Sanogo has the potential.

K1LLER7

Damn I didn't even see this until now, great pass and funnily enough great run by Anderson too :lol

Ando looked good whenever he played further forward. Shame Fergie turned him into a deep lying CM. He's looking fitter this pre-season too. Hope he doesn't get his customary injury this season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sandro:

“The knee still needs to get stronger and learn how to move again, and I’m still not completely confident about going in for 50-50 balls,” said the 24-year-old, who was leading the English Premier League’s tackling statistics at the time his knee gave way. “That’s my strong suit after all: fighting for possession, defending and winning the ball back. That’s how I’ve got this far and how I worked my way into the Brazil team.”

Take your time, dude. The Beast will rise again.

This will be the first year in many that I don't buy Football Manager. Damn Uni (if I get there that is) I can't be wasting time buying Thiago and breaking his legs in the reserves all the time.

Sabatini in London for Gervinho - about time to offload that flop.
Papu Gomez to Metalisk - was a target for Atletico & Fiorentina.

Meier

Loved Kinan's post but I had to smile at this bit. Nothing like a little confidence in your team's players.

Hardest transfer of all and extremely expensive for defender, Dragovic was the best part of amazing Basel's defence last season. Long time courted by Inter, Dynamo was somehow able to snatch him just before Inter was ready to make an offer. Will be a dream partner for currently best CB in the world, Yevhen Khacheridi.

bud23

That pass :')

isco-pass.gif

Beautiful. This is the year for La Decima, this is THE YEAR, cunts. You can trust me on that.

Iker

Carvajal- Ramos- Varane- Marcelo

Modric- Illarra

Bale- Isco- God

Benz, the cunt

Man, we have a ridiculous amount of talent. Fuck Bayern, fuck Barca, this is our season.

Aside from Costa (a move which petrifies me btw) are there any new solid LFC rumours? Any updates to these secret medicals?

What's the point of being a beast if you don't back it up with any quality?

K1LLER7

Beautiful. This is the year for La Decima, this is THE YEAR, cunts. You can trust me on that.

Iker

Carvajal- Ramos- Varane- Marcelo

Modric- Illarra

Bale- Isco- God

Benz, the cunt

Man, we have a ridiculous amount of talent. Fuck Bayern, fuck Barca, this is our season.

You'll play Dortmund and lose again :p

Madrid will be crazy strong next season if they keep Ronnie and sign Bale.

Ozil not in that team? Moysey pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom