• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

All those players will be on at least 90k. I refuse to believe they'd take less than that, or City would offer less than that.
The only one of our new signings who has even been rumored to be over £85k is Ferna. Initial suggestions were £100k for him. All the others are notably less (than him). Txiki made attacking the wage bill priority #1.

Newcastle are top 20 in worldwide revenue every year. They should be able to be fairly competitive salary/transfer wise so £100k would be a feasible wage for them. Gomis is a good player.

Zabojnik

Milan going 'all out' for Ljajic, offering 7M€. Fiorentina says it's not nearly enough and they are quite confidend they can get the player (who wants to stay, apparently) to sign a new contract.

PantyPhantom: you can add Into and cremino to the Juve ranks, thanks.

dc89

'bout time.

Cos in all reality we can.

However, that doesn't mean we should. Absurd wages if true. That's more than what we were willing to give Ba when we offered him a new contract before he signed for Chelsea. And we all know Ba > Gomis. Still, I expect Gomis to do well in the Premier League. Would be good competition for Cisse.

DAT WONGA

Meier

Milan going 'all out' for Ljajic, offering 7M€. Fiorentina says it's not nearly enough and they are quite confidend they can get the player (who wants to stay, apparently) to sign a new contract.
We've been linked. If we can get him for a price in that vicinity, I'm all for it even if he may not be needed per se. You can't have too much creativity.

Hopefully Rafa will take Barry off our hands. He has been a capable player but I don't see him fitting in with Pellegrini's side. He just clogs things up really and that worked fine under RM but it isn't how MP wants to play from what I've seen.

Salvadora

:lol

We could match Arsenal's wages, even without Champions League football.

And

a) You've still got to qualify

And

b) Even if/when you do you're not a team capable of winning it.

Bottling club of passionless dribble.
I simply listed a few reasons why Suarez might find Arsenal attractive and you've exploded.

Guess missing out on European football has got to you.

Carbonox

Kinnear will act like the Gomis signing will be a world class signing, you watch.

Cunt needs to hurry up and finish the Remy, Zoet and a CB deals before I even acknowledge his no. 1 DoF credentials obv.

Wilbur

Banned
I'll never understand why the Sheikh went for Man City over Liverpool, or Newcastle, or even someone like Spurs or Arsenal. Sure there's the city rivalry that comes into play, but why would you pick a team to make 'massive' that directly goes up against a team that's in all likelihood always going to be more massive? You say Manchester, people think of United, and its unlikely that's going to change any time soon.

justjohn

:lol

We could match Arsenal's wages, even without Champions League football.

And

a) You've still got to qualify

And
I
b) Even if/when you do you're not a team capable of winning it.

Bottling club of passionless dribble.
Haha you tell 'em arnie

ShogunX

He specifically said players in other key positions with Suarez-like stature. Not even United do that. United buy players that have potential or players that are underrated. United sprinkle a player like RVP every so often.

United compete for titles with that. Arsenal can do the same.

Suarez is a step in the right direction.

Now if he's going to argue that they should prioritize better, than fair enough, but he shouldn't have mentioned the need for those players to have the same stature as Suarez as those players only go to Bayern, Real, etc...

The difference is that Man Utd have been adding to what is already a top side. It's a squad that has been bred on winning. Arsenal on the other hand haven't won anything for close to a decade and quite clearly need a lot more quality to do so.

Wenger has been buying potential and under rated players for years and it has gotten Arsenal nowhere in terms of silverware. If the club wants to take the step up to the next level and be competing to win the league every season then some serious money is going to have to be thrown around.

LTWheels

I'll never understand why the Sheikh went for Man City over Liverpool, or Newcastle, or even someone like Spurs or Arsenal. Sure there's the city rivalry that comes into play, but why would you pick a team to make 'massive' that directly goes up against a team that's in all likelihood always going to be more massive? You say Manchester, people think of United, and its unlikely that's going to change any time soon.

I think the size of our stadium and the amount of work that needs to be done has put of some of these types of owners from buying Liverpool.

FFS how many times he bought it because of all that land outside the ground.

sohois

It was probably easiest to buy Man City than it was to deal with the owners of any of those other clubs, I'm sure Shinawatra was happy to sell once the Sheikh came calling. Liverpool and Newcastle probably would have sold as well but their joker owners would've asked for stupid money.

operon

I simply listed a few reasons why Suarez might find Arsenal attractive and you've exploded.

Guess missing out on European football has got to you.

He's trying to stop you being deluded about Arsenal's chances of ever winning the Champions league. right now arsenal are there to make up the numbers, they'll be lucky to win the emirates cup and that's quite sad to even non arsenal fans who have a soft spot for them.

Wilbur

Banned
I think the size of our stadium and the amount of work that needs to be done has put of some of these types of owners from buying Liverpool.

Yeah, fair enough I suppose. Still a bigger club than City worldwide though, you think someone would capitalise on that.

FFS how many times he bought it because of all that land outside the ground.

can't tell if this post is mocking me or city :(

operon

The difference is that Man Utd have been adding to what is already a top side. It's a squad that has been bred on winning. Arsenal on the other hand haven't won anything for close to a decade and quite clearly need a lot more quality to do so.

Wenger has been buying potential and under rated players for years and it has gotten Arsenal nowhere in terms of silverware. If the club wants to take the step up to the next level and be competing to win the league every season then some serious money is going to have to be thrown around.

This here is the truth, Arsenal fans should be wondering how a club that can produce a team known as the invincible's to the crap they have now.

Yeah, fair enough I suppose. Still a bigger club than City worldwide though, you think someone would capitalise on that.

can't tell if this post is mocking me or city :(
It's what out old friend Kermit used to say. Don't you remember the top down pictures, "what do you see guys?! Land!".

Owns an entire Kingdom. Wants run down land in Manchester.

Seems legit.

Kyoufu

I don't know where that 400k a month wage figure comes from.

We'd never pay that amount to any player. Not even Messi. lol

operon

It's what out old friend Kermit used to say. Don't you remember the top down pictures, "what do you see guys?! Land!".

Seems legit.

I always thought it was for the award winning website

Salvadora

He's trying to stop you being deluded about Arsenal's chances of ever winning the Champions league. right now arsenal are there to make up the numbers, they'll be lucky to win the emirates cup and that's quite sad to even non arsenal fans who have a soft spot for them.
I don't think Arsenal have much of a chance of winning the Champion's League, so that's completely unnecessary.

I wouldn't say Arsenal make up the numbers either. I think that's a bit of a spiteful taunt from those playing in lesser European competitions or not at all.

dc89

Just think about this guys.

We've got Jojo on less wages than Wayne Bridge or Santa Cruz and we got some spare change.

#basedTxiki

LNBL

That pass :')

isco-pass.gif

Wilbur

Banned

Seems legit.

Oh fuck yeah :looooooooooooooooool, I remember now

I genuinely don't get it. Fuck, Newcastle - location aside - is a city where they worship the club, where the biggest landmark in the place is the stadium. And Liverpool are a bigger club than Everton and huge worldwide.

City were neither of those things. It's all nice boosting their profile, but they're never going to be as huge as United realistically, even if they do best them silverware wise for a while.

I don't think Arsenal have much of a chance of winning the Champion's League, so that's completely unnecessary.

I wouldn't say Arsenal make up the numbers either. I think that's a bit of a spiteful taunt from those playing in lesser European competitions or not at all.
You're gonna be saying the same about Spurs next season.

Yeah boi.

Randdalf

I genuinely don't get it. Fuck, Newcastle - location aside - is a city where they worship the club, where the biggest landmark in the place is the stadium. And Liverpool are a bigger club than Everton and huge worldwide.

City were neither of those things. It's all nice boosting their profile, but they're never going to be as huge as United realistically, even if they do best them silverware wise for a while.

I'd imagine that the Sheikh will get bored after a while and slowly withdraw funding from the club. Hopefully they have all those training facilities and all that in place by then.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll never understand why the Sheikh went for Man City over Liverpool, or Newcastle

Cheaper.

Sky blue.

Being in the shadow of another team is better for them. They want to launder their image in peace AM I RIGHT

There doesn't have to be a consistent logic behind it really.

The club was for sale, it's opportunism I guess. They wanted a PL club and it was on the market. They've already spent like £1bn on it maybe more, I don't think having to develop a ground would have been a major headache for them although it obv helps they haven't had to.

It's a vanity buy for these type of people, something for them to enjoy (and political reasons which have been mentioned). The money and scope of it means little I would assume.

Havent read much about football in the last 2-3 days -been busy at work - but Costa to Liverpool can be interesting, he is a good footballer, has grown inmensely since Atletico sold him to Valladolid, not sure if he is the right man for Liverpool since he is more of a complimentary striker than a lone wolf.

He could be however a very good piece in a triad with Aspas - Suarez - Costa, working as a second striker, with Suarez up front and Aspas wide.

dc89

Is that Isco? Beautiful stuff. Likelihood is he or Ozil will be sitting most games out, lol.

Fucken Madrid

come at me plug

I'm not gonna get in to the whole why Sheikh Mansour bought City. But we were an attractive prospect for a buyer to make something out of.

But I agree here. Poor Isco, he chose poorly.

Pachimari

Isco were simply fantastic, it's a wonder to watch this kid unfold his talent on the pitch.

Are there any Napoli fans in here? Could we have more pictures and videos of him posted?

Arnie

He could be however a very good piece in a triad with Aspas - Suarez - Costa, working as a second striker, with Suarez up front and Aspas wide.
That's the idea, I think.

I reckon we've given up on an attacking midfielder because we'll play Coutinho there and have the aforementioned three ahead of him.

Get Papa in defence, Mignolet beating behind him, we'll be fine.

Wilbur

Banned

I reckon we've given up on an attacking midfielder because we'll play Coutinho there and have the aforementioned three ahead of him.

It's formation time I think, baby:

Mignolet
Johnson - Toure/Papa - Agger - Enrique
Gerrard - Coutinho - Lucas
Aspas/Suarez - Sturridge/Suarez - Costa

with Jones, Kelly, Wisdom, Henderson, Allen, Borini, Sterling/Alberto on the bench?

It's good on paper. Pretty, pretty good.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
4 wins and a loss and safely stay in div 1, were calling it quits but should be back playing in a bout an hour pcbros

Coutinho can easily drop wide,

------------- Suarez --------------
Aspas---- Costa ----Coutihno
------Leiva -------Gerard --------

I can see that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom