• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Telegraph:
It is understood that Tottenham Hotspur are holding out for £104 million for the 24-year-old forward who is pushing hard for a move this summer. In addition Real Madrid want to pay Bale a salary of £7.8 million a year – net of tax – over a proposed six-year contract.

Given the Spanish tax laws now demand 52 per cent of salary goes to the state, the cost of Bale’s wages double for the club and equates to around £150,000 a week for the player after the tax is paid.

It means that Real will have to pay £104 million to Spurs to sign Bale and just over £94 million in wages over the term of his contract. The full cost of signing Bale will be even greater when agents’ fees and other payments are taken into account.

Real insiders have been claiming for days that club president Florentino Pérez will meet Spurs chairman Daniel Levy in Miami on Wednesday.

However, Spurs sources have played down the idea, insisting nothing is scheduled, and have also rejected any suggestion that a payment plan for Real to sign Bale has been agreed.

Spurs insist they are not in active talks with Real over Bale and will enter discussions only if any offer is made far closer to their valuation.

The club also insist that they held talks in the first place only out of respect for Real and also the player with Bale having pleaded with Spurs to listen to what was being proposed. There is anger that it is being assumed a deal is close to being agreed.

At the end of last season, assurances were given to Spurs head coach Andre Villas-Boas that Bale would not be sold this summer no matter what was offered.

Crazy, crazy club. Honestly it's embarrassing. Bale is great but these sums are absurd. With Ronaldo's new contract isn't it more sensible to wait a year and then buy him for £60m?

Feorax

BRBFG3BCEAA613n.jpg

#FreeSuarez

Ushojax

I really want to see Suarez at Arsenal. I would just love to see how Wenger handles him and if he can reign him in. It would be great to play against him in a NLD.

I really want to see Suarez at Arsenal. I would just love to see how Wenger handles him and if he can reign him in. It would be great to play against him in a NLD.

I don;t think anyone can reign him in. He'll move from club to club, acting like a cunt until the day he hangs up his boots

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10227164/Luis-Suarez-calls-on-Liverpool-to-keep-promise-to-let-him-leave-the-club-this-summer-as-Arsenal-waits.html

The player believes he has exhausted all other avenues in his efforts to make Liverpool honour an agreement he says was established at the start of last season, which he believes obliges them to release him to a club playing in the Champions League if they bid more than £40 million for him.

Arsenal’s initial bid exceeded that by £1, but sparked a war of words with the Merseyside club, who insist they will not sell. But in his first big interview this summer, the Uruguayan striker lays bare his frustration at the way his transfer request has become bogged down and has accused the club of misleading Liverpool supporters about his actions and motives.

“I want to move to play in the Champions League and there is a club offering me that opportunity,” he said. “I have told the manager that I want to leave the club.

"I am being accused of showing a lack of loyalty but last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we did not qualify for the Champions League the following season then I would be allowed to go.

“I gave absolutely everything last season but it was not enough to give us a top-four finish. Now all I want is that Liverpool honour our agreement.

“Last season, we told Liverpool there was interest from a top European club but they told me: ‘we have a new coach, we are going to push for the Champions League’. I spoke with Brendan Rodgers several times and he told me: ‘stay another season, and you have my word, if we don’t make it then I will personally make sure that you can leave’.

“Liverpool is a club with a reputation for doing things the right way, I just want them to abide by the promises made last season.”

Suárez says his contract was amended to include a clause, which, to his understanding, would allow him to leave if an offer for over £40 million came in.

“I have the club’s word and we have the written contract and we are happy to take this to the Premier League for them to decide the case but I do not want it to come to that,” insisted Suárez. “We have the backing of the PFA.”

“I am 26, I need to be playing in the Champions League. I feel I have done enough to be playing in the Champions League at this stage of my career. Now there is an option for me to do that and I want very much to take it.

“I don’t feel betrayed but the club promised me something a year ago just as I promised them that I would stay and try everything possible to get us into the Champions League.

“They gave me their word a year ago and now I want them to honour that. It is not just something verbal with the coach but something that is written in the contract.

“I don’t think the supporters are angry, I think they understand a player when he has the ambition to triumph at the highest level. I am 26-years-old, I was a long time at Ajax without playing many games in the Champions League. I’m not going to another club to hurt Liverpool.

“I am always going to be grateful to Liverpool for everything. But I have to put my career first. People say Liverpool deserve more from me but I have scored 50 goals in less than 100 games and now I could double the money they paid for me.

“I just ask that they respect the objectives I have in my career. I don’t want things to end badly. I just want us to come to an amicable agreement according to what was agreed.”

“I have no problem playing in England for many more years. If we are just talking about the level of the football and the way the supporters are then it is an incredible league. Any player in the world at the moment would like to play in the Premier League.”

He has also been criticised for citing his relationship with the British press as a reason for wanting to move and then pushing for a switch to another Premier League club.

“I had just arrived in Uruguay where the press are very good to me because I am one of theirs,” he says. “They asked me about the press in England and what am I going to say? Of course I don’t like the fact that my wife goes to the supermarket and there are photographers. But I realise that the press attention is the same wherever you go.”

Suárez has a foot injury and will miss Wednesday night’s final pre-season friendly against Valerenga.

However, he says most of his team-mates at Liverpool understand his situation: “Some of them had urged me not to go but others understand and especially when I explain to them what was promised last year.”

Steven Gerrard urged the player last week to stay at the club until there in an opportunity to move to Real Madrid or Barcelona and admitted that Liverpool would be taking a step backwards if they allowed him to leave.

Suárez said: “He and the other players have always supported me and I am grateful for that. It is the same with the supporters. I got a great reception at the weekend.

“When you are at a club for as long as you are together you stick up for each other but that does not give the club the right to go back on their commitment.”

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

pulga

Banned
I hate to break it to you but these things don't mean anything. I expect Bale to join you but the billboard has been up for a month. From the club itself:

These things would have happened whether Bale stays or goes.

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid!

He's gone, baby.

arkon

Apparently Sport (Spanish paper) are saying Denis Suarez to Barca will be official within the next week. If City don't have a 50% sell-on clause, a buy-back option, etc. then I will hunt down Txiki and publicly flog him.

The Mirror are saying United have given up on Cesc and have now moved onto Fellaini. Won't meet the buy-out clause though as previously reported..

Hasn't the Fellaini release clause expired as of 31st July?

Ushojax

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid!

He's gone, baby.

I said in that very post that I expect him to join you. But billboards and twitter backgrounds are not evidence of that happening.

The FA must have a copy of every single contract in the professional leagues. Surely they just have to look at the current one on record, and the situation will be resolved.

Zabojnik

Buffon, Bonucci, Caceres , Chiellini, Lichtsteiner, Pirlo, Asamoah, Vidal, Marchisio, Tevez, Vucinic

Pirlo jersey is at the ready.

Where's mah Pogminator? I'm sure he's in a decent enough condition, dude never stopped playing anyway.

FootballFan

Apparently Sport (Spanish paper) are saying Denis Suarez to Barca will be official within the next week. If City don't have a 50% sell-on clause, a buy-back option, etc. then I will hunt down Txiki and publicly flog him.

The Mirror are saying United have given up on Cesc and have now moved onto Fellaini. Won't meet the buy-out clause though as previously reported..

Txiki still working for us, just like agent Mourinho.

Based Txiki.

Plasma

Banned
Guardian said:
The Uruguay striker insists that he is prepared to submit a written transfer request by the end of the week if the club continue to block his move to Arsenal.

Just hand one in now.

Cheers

That's to pairs of headphone I've broken now, trod on my current pair last week :(

http://www.sainsburysentertainment....Stereo-Headset/product.html?product=E11121684

Is that the Elite pair, mislabelled as the standard one?

Also, if you use it with the 3.5mm cable, does the battery still drain?

And how ling does it take to charge? I do a lot of my gaming and TV watching ith headphones, so they'd be in use constantly

Yeah that's it, got mine from Amazon though :p

Nope, if you remember to turn the headphones off beforehand, it doesn't use any power whatsoever, so theoretically, you could take it out all day and when you come back home, just put it on charge.

Around 3-5 hours, although you can also use them while charging. Don't though, you'll look like a prat :p

They are brilliant, and they'll work with PS4 too! :D

sohois

A bit of nothing interview really, fairly measured from Suarez as well so there's not even that to go on.

It's obvious his advisers are complete morons who had no clue what the contract allowed and this is probably just another roll of the dice for them.

dc89

Well when you get to the offices just outside the Etihad itself you go upstairs, past reception, do a right and it's the office at the end of the corridor. You can't miss it, the door reads #BasedTxiki

Sorry Liverpool GAF but he wants to come.

I'm trying to think of a non-sarcastic way to say that's been evident for a long, long time. Like, I don't want to come across as a dick but we've known that for aaaaaaages.

I'm confident over the whole legal action thing too, I doubt we'd be outright refusing bids if we weren't 100% sure we had the right to do so.

Meier

Hasn't the Fellaini release clause expired as of 31st July?

I think I read before it was active until mid August but it very well may have already expired. I know I read Moyes made sure it was not until the end of the transfer window since they got burned on Lescott moving in late August and they didn't want that to happen again.

bud

"I am being accused of showing a lack of loyalty but last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we did not qualify for the Champions League the following season then I would be allowed to go.

“I gave absolutely everything last season but it was not enough to give us a top-four finish. Now all I want is that Liverpool honour our agreement.

“Last season, we told Liverpool there was interest from a top European club but they told me: ‘we have a new coach, we are going to push for the Champions League’. I spoke with Brendan Rodgers several times and he told me: ‘stay another season, and you have my word, if we don’t make it then I will personally make sure that you can leave’.

this says it all.

liverpool are dead.

Wilbur

Banned
Pariahs of all that is good and holy and aesthetically beautiful Arsenal wanting Luis Suarez is just hilarious to me.

I want him to go there. And then I want them to get knocked out the Champions league qualifiers and finish behind Liverpool for not strengthening everywhere

Pls

Arnie

This is going to be great.

Go all the way.

World War 3.

He's actually evil so it works.

Oh and just imagine if he signed for Arsenal and they failed to qualify.

JUST IMAGINE

omg

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck imagine if arsenal don't make top 4 this year looooooooooooooooool

I genuinely would send a DVD to arsenal's training ground of myself hysterically laughing mid wank

This is going to be great.

Go all the way.

World War 3.

He's actually evil so it works.

Oh and just imagine if he signed for Arsenal and they failed to qualify.

JUST IMAGINE

omg

Arnie is crying on the inside. We can all see it. It's cool man You still have Suso and the Coutz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom