• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Pardew in Knightbridge a few months ago, he was in the Rolex store at the One Hyde Park complex. He gave me a right filthy look when I clocked him as well, he was wearing an absurd pair of glasses.

Pardew always seems like one of those people who puts on a veneer of niceness, but is always on the precipice of revealing what a cunt they actually are

Better you than Barca or a British team.

You don't want to catch up to Madrid?

iCmmiCloggTYD.gif

Pirlo being the prime example,

Ranocchia is indeed too slow, and with a 3 man defense, they have too many left or right backs now. what they need now is more wingers or wide players, whats the lineup for the start of the season?

I'm pretty sure their starting lineup this season is what they put out against Chelsea yesterday . . . which is mid-table Serie A quality at best.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"It is never good to lose a big player," Wenger said. "He is a British player and I believe it is important that the Premier League keeps the best players."

You see Gareth! Even Wenger wants you to stay.

Salvadora

You see Gareth! Even Wenger wants you to stay.
We've spoken about it before but it's a bit disheartening to see the world's best players playing in foreign leagues, even in terms of perception.

You think of superstars and you don't think of England.

Zabojnik

We've spoken about it before but it's a bit disheartening to see the world's best players playing in foreign leagues, even in terms of perception.

You think of superstars and you don't think of England.

It's the food. And the weather. And the women. All the money in the world can't fix that.

Carbonox

RANT TIME WOOO

I'm suffering a quarter-life crisis. Seriously considering moving to Hungary.

* 99% of my family live out there (which makes me feel like I'm at 'home' when I'm there as opposed to a handful on my dad's side who are out here but I'm a bit of an outcast with). My cousins are my best mates out there too (play football, go out, etc.).
* My job is home-based so I could take it over there as mainland Europe still falls under my company's hands.
* My Hungarian speaking ability is enough for me to get by on. I have every intention on becoming fluent in the future but I'm good for now.
* I could buy a house outright out there far easier than I ever could here. While I'm saving up for a deposit now (at least that's the intention), it would still take a long time get together the cash for that given the situation in this country.

My intention wouldn't be to forgo England entirely but I could see myself being happier in Hungary than here for the foreseeable future. Sure, what family I do have here and my friends could be a reason not to go but not to the same level as those in Hungary who I've always been closer with. I've become and am becoming more and more distant as I work on my career and other aspects of my life.

I think it's because I am here in England with a good life as it is that could be considered as a reason not to go through with this but due to my flexible job, I can travel around like a numpty comfortably.

I know I've seen discussions here of those moving across the country or whatever but moving to another country is totally different, though in this case I'd have everything there from the off. It's the moving - and to another country - that offers me hesitency. Moving home is such a stressful thing.

Looking back on what I wrote, I probably sound like it's a perfect step to take, hah.

Fuck Bayern.

RANT TIME WOOO

* 99% of my family live out there (which makes me feel like I'm at 'home' when I'm there as opposed to a handful on my dad's side who are out here but I'm a bit of an outcast with). My cousins are my best mates out there too (play football, go out, etc.).
* My job is home-based so I could take it over there as mainland Europe still falls under my company's hands.
* My Hungarian speaking ability is enough for me to get by on. I have every intention on becoming fluent in the future but I'm good for now.
* I could buy a house outright out there far easier than I ever could here. While I'm saving up for a deposit now (at least that's the intention), it would still take a long time get together the cash for that given the situation in this country.

My intention wouldn't be to forgo England entirely but I could see myself being happier in Hungary than here for the foreseeable future. Sure, what family I do have here and my friends could be a reason not to go but not to the same level as those in Hungary who I've always been closer with. I've become and am becoming more and more distant as I work on my career and other aspects of my life.

I think it's because I am here in England with a good life as it is that could be considered as a reason not to go through with this but due to my flexible job, I can travel around like a numpty comfortably.

I know I've seen discussions here of those moving across the country or whatever but moving to another country is totally different, though in this case I'd have everything there from the off. It's the moving - and to another country - that offers me hesitency. Moving home is such a stressful thing.

Looking back on what I wrote, I probably sound like it's a perfect step to take, hah.

Fuck Bayern.

If you're hungry for change I say go for it!

Meier

I've moved from Florida to Illinois to Texas. That's probably about as far as England to Hungary each time. I say go for it.

Jack cw

Of course Bayern has priority, but if I had to choose a team other than Bayern... I'd probably prefer if it wasn't United/City/Chelsea/Barca. Heck, even Dortmund would be acceptable now that we've won the treble. Juve would be cool I guess.

Lol NO!!!!
Madrid needs a reality check so they wont win this trophy the next few years... If there is anyone I would prefer, then its Barca or Juve. The hell with Madrid, PSG, Monaco and Dortmund...

I'm pretty sure their starting lineup this season is what they put out against Chelsea yesterday . . . which is mid-table Serie A quality at best.

Handaonivc,
Ranochia, Juan, Campagnaro
Cambiasso, Guarin, Alvarez, Pereira, Nagatomo
Palacio, Icardi

still baffles me how they keep using Nagatomo in the midfield, guy is useless as a winger or left mid, specially, take nagatomo out, leave pereira and use Belfodil.

Looking at the squad, Inter doesnt have the players to sustain a 3-5-2 formation, needs more wingers and midfielders.

Wilbur

Banned
RANT TIME WOOO

Fuck Bayern.

Doesn't sound like a crisis at all. Sounds good for you. DO IT

I know a Hungarian at work who taught me how to say suck my dick and sperm child.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2013/07/22/futbol/1374522708.html

"Middle-class without 9's"

Essentially goes about the lack of strikers for middle of the road teams in the spanish league, Valencia lost Soldado, Athletic Llorente, Atletico sold Falcao, Negredo to City, most of them sold for large amount of $ and yet the teams can barely pay for a decent replacement in the 5-7m range.

And it doesnt end there, Morata is more than likely to be included in the Bale deal, Rayo lost Baptistao to Atletico, Malaga lost Saviola on a freebie, Osasuna was "robbed" by Athletic for Kike Sola, Rayo just signed Larrivey a mediocre striker from Atlante - Mexico -, players like Pizzi, sold to Benfica then loaned out to Espanyol - dont have a cent to sign any players -

The distance between Real | Barsa and the rest has increased exponentially this summer, "the best league" in the world they say lol

Zabojnik

The distance between Real | Barsa and the rest has increased exponentially this summer, "the best league" in the world they say lol

Spain is hurting, it was bound to start showing in football sooner or later. And it's not nearly as tragic as people make it out to be.

Timurid

The World's End is hilarious.

The Q/A with Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost was one of the best Q/As I've been to.

Meier

This is pretty cool news for US soccer.. hope he develops into a star for the MNT in the future.

A schoolboy from California will join the Real Madrid academy programme later this year, becoming the first American ever to do so.

Joshua Pynadath, 11, shone in a trial in Madrid earlier this year, with the club swiftly inviting him back.

Now the Los Altos Hills youngster and his family will move to Madrid at the end of August, enabling him to spend a year with Real's Alevin A team.
He had been drawn to Real's attention a year ago, when scouts saw a video of him playing for his local De Anza Force Soccer Club and were so impressed by his skills that they invited him to train in Spain for a week.

That went so well that he returned for the second trial – having also had a short trial with Barcelona – and he said: "The Real Madrid academy team and coaches seemed very excited to have me back - it was like I had never left.
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...ua-pynadath-joins-real-madrid-academy?cc=5901

Here's a pic of him and his younger brother at the stadium last year:

Found a video of a goal he scored for their U-11 team while on trial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZSNRm0MnUE&feature=youtu.be

Bought tickets to Chelsea vs. Aston Villa to make me feel better. Better hammer them 8-0 again cause this is the first time I have paid for my own tickets! £52 :/

The World's End is hilarious.

The Q/A with Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost was one of the best Q/As I've been to.

I thought it was totally average. Really didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

Yager

Banned
Argentina's List for the upcoming friendlies

Goalkeepers:
Sergio ROMERO
Mariano ANDUJAR
Oscar USTARI
Defenders:
Hugo CAMPAGNARO
Federico FERNANDEZ

Pablo ZABALETA
Fabricio COLOCCINI
Cristian ANSALDI
Jose BASANTA
Ezequiel GARAY
Marcos ROJO
Midfielders:
Javier MASCHERANO
Angel DI MARIA
Ever BANEGA
Augusto FERNANDEZ
Lucas BIGLIA
Erik LAMELA
Ricardo ALVAREZ

Forwards:
Lionel MESSI
Rodrigo PALACIO
Gonzalo HIGUAIN
Ezequiel LAVEZZI

Fuck you, Sabella. FUCK YOU.

Being friendlies I guess he wants to try differente players

justjohn

Lol @ wenger moaning about best players leaving the premier league. Perhaps if you spent some of the fucking money you might bring some over here.
He really pisses me of so much.

Meier

The move at 0.52

MERKED.

Edit - I see it's his special move.

My jaw was on the floor at some of the moves he was pulling. Would swear he was Brazilian with that kind of balance and trickery.. you simply don't see that by Americans at the senior level at least. Hope it pans out for him over there.

Salvadora

Lol @ wenger moaning about best players leaving the premier league. Perhaps if you spent some of the fucking money you might bring some over here.
He really pisses me of so much.
:lol of all his comments to get pissed off about! He is simply expressing a common opinion.

Salvadora

I don't want Wenger gone I just want a DoF brought it.
But the difference is he can actually do something about it and doesn't.
arsenewenger1024_2974298.jpg

Thought it was one of his more uncontroversial comments, myself. Most of Arsenal's ex-players have stayed within the league and we can't can't compete with oil clubs. Chelsea are guilty of distorting the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom