• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Where else can he go though?

Madrid but with the Bale situation, who the fuck knows what they are planning.

Wonder what Wenger is thinking, he obviously must want him but will the board go and give Liverpool what they want or will both parties play the waiting game?
Chelsea? If they fail to get Rooney then Suarez is another option.

Wes

venison crêpe
From that Jennifer Lawrence thread.

3ZndpZj.gif

Woah.

LNBL

Suarez claiming that he rejected a transfer to a top tier club last summer and that the board promised to let him go next summer in return, if Liverpool would not qualify for the CL. He believes that the Liverpool fans will understand his desire hahaha

Lightning

Banned
I don't think so, I don't think he'd be very welcome there anyway. Mou wants Rooney, Rooney wants Mou, they'll get there whenever United have secured some of their targets.
Possible I guess. There's always the chance the Bale sale goes no where and Madrid come back for Suarez.

Don't think Madrid will go for both this window.

Possible I guess. There's always the chance the Bale sale goes no where and Madrid come back for Suarez.

Don't think Madrid will go for both this window.

The sensible thing for Madrid would be to get Suarez and then Bale next summer. Bale is obviously going nowhere, he has said many times he prefers Ronaldo to Messi and would like to play in Spain, he is obviously going to play there one day.

But still think Madrid will just continue with the Bale pursuit whilst Suarez moves to Arsenal.

Lightning

Banned
D: That's tough luck.

Small part of me wants Suarez to go to Arsenal and then for Arse to not qualify to CL.
What? Why the hell would anyone want that?

What Suarez has done is no different to how RVP screwed us over last year. Now I read people wishing woe on Arsenal and Suarez. Missing out on qualifying for the CL damages our club greatly and wanting that so you can have a shallow laugh at Suarez is rather stupid.

Rio 'Mother-Merking' Ferdinand on transfer rumours:

"We come in and look at the papers or social media or whatever and say 'so and so has bought so and so, what do you think, is he any good? I don't think he'll be any good, he'll be a great big waste of money'," he told BBC Sport.

"We're just exactly the same, it’s just like four fellas sitting in a pub. We're just sitting in a training ground doing it (instead). People don't expect it because we're players."

Rio 'Mother-Merking' Ferdinand on Philip Neville:

"We don't talk to Phil on first-name terms any more - it’s "coach"," he added.

"He's changed his number, he won't let anyone call him. I used to speak to him and text him and stuff but he won't have it any more - he's a changed man so far really."
Ferdinand has also revealed that new United boss David Moyes has not changed much in terms of the players' individual training routines, which are particularly applicable to the 34-year-old and Ryan Giggs.

"The manager knows I’ve got a certain way that I need to train, that I know my body - like Giggsy as well," he continued. "He has kind of left it open to us to continue what we were doing to get us [playing] like last season.

"That’s been fantastic for me because you get worried a little bit and think, 'Oh, it's a new manager, is he going to let us continue our regimes that we're involved in to get us out to play football and to train every day?'"

"But it's the sign of a great manager that he has."

The former England defender has also given an insight into how Moyes has adapted to replacing Sir Alex Ferguson.

"The new manager is quick to join in the banter but when it's work time, it's work time," he added.

"The players at Manchester United aren't there to mess about on the training pitch, we're there to enjoy ourselves but to be drilled and to make sure we're all going in the same direction, and that's to be successful."

A wall with Bruma is a pretty shitty wall. Imagine a wall with lots of patches and holes, that's no good wall.

Edit: Oh, I see, Joker knows that even better than I :D

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The sensible thing for Madrid would be to get Suarez and then Bale next summer. Bale is obviously going nowhere, he has said many times he prefers Ronaldo to Messi and would like to play in Spain, he is obviously going to play there one day.

But still think Madrid will just continue with the Bale pursuit whilst Suarez moves to Arsenal.

A20guy20shakes20his20head20and20walks20away_zpsb3c67364.gif

LNBL

A wall with Bruma is a pretty shitty wall. Imagine a wall with lots of patches and holes, that's no good wall.

Edit: Oh, I see, Joker knows that even better than I :D

After seasons with this guy, even a stick would be considered a solid wall
Marcelo.jpg

But seriously, Bruma and Rekik have been superb in their matches. Bruma only gave away one goal last weekend haha.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jean-Michel Aulas seems to think a deal to take Bafe Gomis to Newcastle is dead, dead, dead.

He said: "Gomis? I am very disappointed the operation could not be sorted out with Newcastle.

"Personally, I am very pessimistic (about Gomis). If we won't find any solution by August 30th, Bafe will join back with the group."

#BasedKinnear #AtleastwegotRemy

phaze

What? Why the hell would anyone want that?

What Suarez has done is no different to how RVP screwed us over last year. Now I read people wishing woe on Arsenal and Suarez. Missing out on qualifying for the CL damages our club greatly and wanting that so you can have a shallow laugh at Suarez is rather stupid.

:D I did say small part of me. I just severely dislike him and that won't change even if he ends up joining us.

Salazar

Is it possible that this story is tabloid conjecture?

Why would Suarez discuss his future with the very press he has repeatedly claimed to hate?

I don't believe this story and still support our Luis, our number 7.

VAMdaBx.gif

:( We still have to get through one more round before the group matches, provided we win against Zulte tonight. We can either play AC Milan, Schalke 04, Arsenal, OL or Zenith.

... there's always next season.

on transfer news, Pep has no need for Luiz Gustavo and apparently a move to Wolfsburg is to be announced in the next few days.

LTWheels

I think Suarez's interview is a plea to a European champion's league club to come and get him. I still do think that Arsenal is his backup plan. They have put in two bids already. He has had plenty of time to put in a transfer request to try and force a move to Arsenal. This public outcry is a last ditch attempt to get an European giant invoked.

:( We still have to get through one more round before the group matches, provided we win against Zulte tonight. We can either play AC Milan, Schalke 04, Arsenal, OL or Zenith.

I really hope you get Schlacke and kick them out, would be awesome. Bruma to score the winner after he gave away 3 goals over the two matches loool

bjaelke

Exclusive: Real Madrid and Barcelona face removal of privileges
Real Madrid and Barcelona could soon be forced by the European Commission to relinquish their privileged status as member-owned clubs and are likely to become plcs, losing one of the key advantages behind their dominance of Spanish football and success in European competition.

While Madrid and Barcelona occupy the first two places respectively of the most recent "football money league" of European clubs, published by Deloitte in January, they have been operating under rules which give them significant tax advantages – and are denied to all but two of their rivals.

The membership culture of Spanish football's two biggest clubs is projected as an attractive feature of their constitutions and is often cited by disillusioned fans of Premier League clubs which are in the control of absentee owners. But the ownership structure of Madrid and Barcelona – who have more than 250,000 members between them – masks a gross inequality in the way Spanish football is run.
injustica.gif

LTWheels

Looking forward to Roger's interview today. It's going to be a long wait till 5pm. Hopefully Henry gets interviewed on TV as well.

Labadal

Suarez situation is hilarious. Reactions on so many places are funny.

Especially funny to talk with my Arsenal loving brother. One moment he wants him to join, then not. One moment he's a cunt, then he's a quality player. He's one of the best in the world, then he is expensive.

I know my brother wants him at Arsenal, he just doesn't show it, lol.

My brother hates his antics but agrees he is good when not biting people. But I know he'll forgive his antics in a heartbeat at Gunners.

That's the case with a lot of Arse fans: Suarez is an idiot.
Arsenal linked with Arse: Based Wenger, plz.

FootballFan

Suarez situation is hilarious. Reactions on so many places are funny.

Especially funny to talk with my Arsenal loving brother. One moment he wants him to join, then not. One moment he's a cunt, then he's a quality player. He's one of the best in the world, then he is expensive.

I know my brother wants him at Arsenal, he just doesn't show it, lol.

My brother hates his antics but agrees he is good when not biting people. But I know he'll forgive his antics in a heartbeat at Gunners.

Your brother is lightning?

Would you have Luis Suarez at your club, with his reputation and potential for further acts of insanity?

No personally.

Not only the racism saga but his type of play, blatant cheating, biting while at Ajax etc... He's just a magnet for trouble imo so no. He's a very talented player but not worth the hassle for me.

Now he is #1 Suarez fan. Not picking on you Lightning, just an example.

Football fans are like this haha. Heck, I was laughing at Neymar missing penalties months before I started calling him Neygod lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom