• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
15652_10151625818963505_289391471_n.jpg

I...

Weird.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Whenever we lose or generally suck in a game, I don't listen to our coach (Conte in this case), because he usually tries to be politically correct about it.

I listen to this guy

“The results of these games don’t worry me, I would have been more worried had we been brilliant…

“Had that been the case then it would have suggested that we would have had little energy during the rest of the season.

“Many of us have been training for just eight or nine days and playing an entire game, as some did, is tough because we’ve worked a great deal.

“We’ll now have the time to get over the exertion of our preparation and get ourselves ready for the first official games.”

153051783.jpg

When Sky did the 92Live the other day, they did a piece about our groundsman and crap, then spoke to King who said "I've heard there is something living under there!" then nothing, yesterday we announced there's something living under there and....well now we get this. Some new thing for kids to play games and earn rewards and crap, there's a video with Sandro, Kaboul, Dembele and Lennon in, Sandro is such an awesome bloke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec3iaLMHS4I&feature=youtu.be

bjaelke

That's the case with a lot of Arse fans: Suarez is an idiot.
Arsenal linked with Arse: Based Wenger, plz.
Football fans are like this haha.

Exactly.

I don't think this kind of behaviour is exclusive to one club. The Rooney saga is another example, albeit not as extreme, where Chelsea's fans might change their opinion of the player if he signs for their club. Just look at Benitez...

qindarka

Banned
Exactly.

I don't think this kind of behaviour is exclusive to one club. The Rooney saga is another example, albeit not as extreme, where Chelsea's fans might change their opinion of the player if he signs for their club. Just look at Benitez...

Isn't Benitez an example of fans not changing their opinions even when the person in question joins their club?

I am sure it will be the case for Rooney is he signs though.

FootballFan

Whenever we lose or generally suck in a game, I don't listen to our coach (Conte in this case), because he usually tries to be politically correct about it.

I listen to this guy

Ravanelli: "Conte is the Messi of coaches"

Didn't know Conte was a party animal.

LTWheels

Sports Lawyer at Charles Russell LLP:

Ian Lynam ‏@ianlynam 1h
"Suarez will hand in transfer request to force a move by the end of the week" What exactly are the press expecting a TR to achieve?

Ian Lynam ‏@ianlynam 34m
Suarez argument re. L'pool's verbal undertakings is a non-runner. Contract includes an "entire agreement" clause, excludes prior verbal

When asked how he knows what the contract says:

Ian Lynam ‏@ianlynam 19m
@lucammaapparel It's a Premier League standard form document. You can look at it yourself on-line.

fire sale at Anzhi: team boss Suleyman Kerimov not happy with results; Eto’o, Willian, Zhirkov, Denisov, Kokorin and Jucilei now on the market.

Hixx

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 1m
Sky sources: Sunderland accept bid from Wigan for James McClean #SSN

0306_lx1p.gif

bjaelke

PFA to mediate in Luis Suarez transfer row
PFA chief executive Taylor said: “We have been asked to try and help to sort the situation out and we have been trying to do that.

“These buy-out clauses have caused no end of problems in the past and they continue to do so because of the way they were drafted at the time.

“He believes the £40m amount that is mentioned, if that is offered that gives him the right to go.

"Liverpool, from their side, are saying that is a minimum figure from which they will consider negotiation and of course they will want to keep the player, unless they replace the player with someone as good or better, which is not going to be easy in a short period of time.

"We have raised this issue with the Premier League, that buy-out clauses should have a great deal more clarity because I’ve never seen one yet that hasn’t caused trouble.

"It’s also down to discussions Luis had with the manager as well and of course you have the owners involved.

“There are different ways it can be interpreted. If it goes to the Premier League it will take time and the window is then closed. It is a delicate situation and we are trying to help.

"The lad has had a chequered past but he is also an extremely good footballer and this is about a situation on the interpretation of a contract.

"You want contracts to be straight forward and clear and on this issue it is not clear. It is open to different interpretation by lawyers so, at the end of the day, it is about if an agreement can be reached."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I changed my mind, I'm only going to listen to Conte from now on.

Conte: "When our president tells us that our objective is to win the Guinness Cup, then I'll do something different.

-
And there's no excuse for this

Strootman:"Other than Roma no club seriously pursued me.."

-

tumblr_mr4qerkJKv1s8z5rho1_400.gif

tumblr_mr4qerkJKv1s8z5rho2_400.gif

Tc91

Alves explained: "Cesc's is a different case. He has already left here once. He left the club, made a name for himself and then returned. He wasn't at his best at the end of last season but we were all the same.

"Football is a collective sport and you cannot look for scapegoats. If he decides to stay here, I'll be delighted to continue having him as a team-mate. The squad respects him a lot."

He added: "It's up to him what he does, but I think he can bring a lot to this side. The team needs players of Cesc's quality to win trophies."

You can't convince him to stay Alves, he's coming to us.

I met Jeffrey Bruma once, he was eating before a match at the Pizza Express above Fulham Broadway station (he wasn't in the squad). I just sort of grinned at him through a window whilst he tried to eat his pizza. Eventually we made eye contact and had a little nod to each other. He was very shiney in real life, must use a lot of moisturiser or something.

I met Jeffrey Bruma once, he was eating before a match at the Pizza Express above Fulham Broadway station (he wasn't in the squad). I just sort of grinned at him through a window whilst he tried to eat his pizza. Eventually we made eye contact and had a little nod to each other. He was very shiney in real life, must use a lot of moisturiser or something.

was he reading his PSV cone-tract?

Razor554

Barcelona line-up (official): Valdes - Alves Pique Bagnack Adriano - Cesc Song SergiRoberto - Pedro Messi Neymar

images

Nice to see Bagnack in starting lineup aswell.

Wayne Veysey ‏@wayneveysey 8m

Fabregas is still considering leaving Barcelona. Doesn't want to go to #MUFC but would be keen on #AFC if he decides to leave Barca.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Arsenal fans on full steam fud. "The loyalty!! The loyalty!!" they will cry.

Still think he'll go to United if he leaves at all. Which he won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom