• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

I love how Owen talks as if he's about 55. He's explaining the concept of wide players cutting in as if it is a completely new innovation. I remember he did commentary for motd when Liverpool played Swansea and he said "Coutinho is a lot like Pablo Aimar, a great attacking midfielder from back in my day."

bjaelke

I'm fully on board. Looks to be a good buy at the price we paid, he's the type of player that doesn't give defenders a break and I prefer that to the more static players.

TjdERgm.jpg

I love how Owen talks as if he's about 55. He's explaining the concept of wide players cutting in as if it is a completely new innovation. I remember he did commentary for motd when Liverpool played Swansea and he said "Coutinho is a lot like Pablo Aimar, a great attacking midfielder from back in my day."

To be fair, he essentially retired in 2005

Batigol

Banned

He's hilarious and embarrassing at the same time

Was really hoping he'd show a little bit more in pre-season coming off a fairly impressive tournament with that Italy squad.

He just isn't menacing at all. I thought he'd kick on after those few games at the end of last season when he came back from injury, but he's regressed into his performances from the beginning of last season

Suarez2.png

THE SUAREZ SAGA: PART 1

Moved from Ajax years ago
If only the present he could see
Being in Liverpool meant
Watching CL matches on TV

The poor cunt went mad
With no trophies in sight
Had to chew forearms
No silverware to bite

The pundits turned on him
After a series of stunts
The only people defending him
Are vampires and cunts

But a savoir appears
Arsenal makes a bid with intent
Liverpool laughs at the offer
Official response was: "get bent"

Suarez needs to be warned
Got the wrong idea about Arsenal
Last time they won a title
Katie Price was still virginal

Dazzler

Getting really sick of players who want to leave a club refusing to put in a transfer request so they still collect the full loyalty bonus

Complete slimeball move. Rooney, Bale and Suarez all at it

Nyx

I have to agree. Huge transfer fees used to be reserved for the biggest players in the world. Players who were champions and stars at the same time, the very best.

We're on the verge of the biggest transfer fee in history being spent on a 24 year old with 60 goals in 248 games, and was last seen in the champions league two years ago. It's absolute nonsense, and escalation is essentially out of control.

Especially if you take the current economical situation in Spain in account, or the rest of Europe.

And as a football fan I started loathing the fact that fewer and fewer clubs have a good chance on winning continental prizes.

Rafael van der Vaart said today that Bayern would be a title contender even with their reserve team. Reserve players who mostly sit on the bench or even in the stands when at a smaller club they would be the star.

I think that's a bit sad.

Lightning

Banned
So in 2 days we'll find out who our opponents are and if we don't complete the Suarez deal by August 12th he can't help us qualify even if we do sign him? Wenger damnit, hurry up.

U21 league? Don't make me laugh. Susinho was impressing in the real thing.

:looooool

Suso was too busy getting first team minutes to even give one.

Meanwhile your dinosaur has sent Adnan back where he belongs. Perhaps he's aware of the boy's intentions regarding his contract situation. Or perhaps the Caveslug just isn't very good at nurturing youth.

This is what Liverpool fans believe. He wasn't even trying! S-shut up!

spidye

Suarez2.png

THE SUAREZ SAGA: PART 1

Moved from Ajax years ago
If only the present he could see
Being in Liverpool meant
Watching CL matches on TV

The poor cunt went mad
With no trophies in sight
Had to chew forearms
No silverware to bite

The pundits turned on him
After a series of stunts
The only people defending him
Are vampires and cunts

But a savoir appears
Arsenal makes a bid with intent
Liverpool laughs at the offer
Official response was: "get bent"

Suarez needs to be warned
Got the wrong idea about Arsenal
Last time they won a title
Katie Price was still virginal

you are a genius. for the love of god please do one for bayern

Salvadora

So in 2 days we'll find out who our opponents are and if we don't complete the Suarez deal by August 12th he can't help us qualify even if we do sign him? Wenger damnit, hurry up.
We'll sign that 20-something year old player from the French second division and some young Colombian defensive midfielder.
ipTW5O4IGM4NT.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom