• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

panty

You're both cunts, move on :p

EBD5R.gif

Salvadora

If you actually watch the press conference for some context you might see he is pushed into giving the journalist an easy quote, he was far more interested to speak about the FFP implications than how it affects the league - Why should he care about spurs?
http://player.arsenal.com/player/3828-emirates-cup-press-conference
14 min 10 seconds in - have a look

He was being asked how important it was for premier league to keep it's best players so he said it was important, nothing to see here it was a throwaway line at the end of the press conference
I thought it was interesting how he attacked Real Madrid over FFP.

They'll never take action against clubs like that. They'll stick to the minnows like Malaga.

Turok_TTZ

Yep. If FFP was the be-all and end-all, you, Barca and Man Utd would obliterate the rest of Europe. (Are Bayern up there?)

no. If my understanding of FFP is correct and if FFP was actually applied and enforced... Madrid, Arsenal, Bayern benefit the most from FFP. manutd, farsa, and the rest would suffer.

which brings up imo the fact that FFP is a fucking joke. its not even enforced on the big clubs ffs!

Salvadora

I think they've spoken about salary caps before.

They need to bring some form of ruling in to stop this arms race.
no. If my understanding of FFP is correct and if FFP was actually applied and enforced... Madrid, Arsenal, Bayern benefit the most from FFP. manutd, farsa, and the rest would suffer.
LONG LIVE FFP.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
is it me or does Wenger not look physically well? Watching an interview with him now, doesnt look right.

I mean purely from the perspective of the amount of money you make from competition winnings, marketing and the worldwide fanbase, if you started from zero debt. Surely Madrid, Barca and Man Utd are the 3 biggest clubs in the world in those terms?

edit: As KidA said, sponsors as well would elevate the the three of you

Turok_TTZ

I mean purely from the perspective of the amount of money you make from marketing an the worldwide fanbase, if you started from zero debt. Surely Madrid, barca and Man Utd are the 3 biggest clubs in the world in those terms?

in this scenario then yes this is true. not sure about farsa though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsenal Coach Arsene Wenger believes that Gareth Bale should ignore Real Madrid and stay in the Premier League.

The French tactician has claimed that the Tottenham international should stay in England, despite heavy interest from Los Blancos.

“It is pretty amazing that a year after the adoption of financial fair play the football world has gone completely mad,” he told a Press conference. "It's a joke.

“One wonders what kind of impact this will have on the world of football.

“It is never good to lose a great player. He is a British player and I think it is important that the Premier League keeps its best players.”

Arsene

I don't know where to start

Turok_TTZ

If only FFP was actually applied and enforced... Manutd, Farsa, Mancity, PSG, Chelsea, and countless others would be forced out of the cl, their buying powers restricted. Whilst only Madrid, Dortmund, Bayern, Arsenal, Napoli would have free reign in the transfer market and the powers would shift in favor of them! would have been a sight to see.

LegoArmo

I don't think FFP takes into account debt, and even if it did... United still push a profit every year I think?

Isn't it just, you can only spend as much as you make? And United, Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern make more money than any other club.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If only FFP was actually applied and enforced... Manutd, Farsa, Mancity, PSG, Chelsea, and countless others would be forced out of the cl, their buying powers restricted. Whilst only Madrid, Dortmund, Bayern, Arsenal, Napoli would have free reign in the transfer market and the powers would shift in favor of them! would have been a sight to see.

Yep, only by taking out the good teams would Madrid have a chance of making the CL final.

spidye

Of course Bayern has priority, but if I had to choose a team other than Bayern... I'd probably prefer if it wasn't United/City/Chelsea/Barca. Heck, even Dortmund would be acceptable now that we've won the treble. Juve would be cool I guess.

I'm sorry what?

give back your bayern card

Turok_TTZ

Yep, only by taking out the good teams would Madrid have a chance of making the CL final.

Dortmund and Bayern are better than manutd, farsa and madrid are no where near ready to challenge either of the german duo.

Would also help Dortmund and Napoli become a new force. With Klopp, Dortmund can establish themselves as european heavyweights similar to madrid and bayern. Similar to napoli with Benitez at helm.

I would be very interested in seeing a change of places. How is tottenham finances? if no debt and making profit, they too would benefit and add to the shift of power in european football.

Clegg

which brings up imo the fact that FFP is a fucking joke. its not even enforced on the big clubs ffs!
Its not.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Perez sold Makelele.

MAKELELE

Perez "We will not miss Makélelé. His technique is average, he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and ninety percent of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. He wasn't a header of the ball and he rarely passed the ball more than three metres. Younger players will arrive who will cause Makélelé to be forgotten"

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Chamkah and Gervinho now pretty much confirmed gone. Only Bendtner to go, come on Malaga and get it done.

LOOOOL

wait wait lemme get this straight

You want to sell the CHAMPION of Italy? You've gone mad, Lightning.

His experience and new-found winning mentality might help ye know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom