• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Messi has done the same a thousand times zzzz

btw Cesc will be at the press conference today, hold onto your butts Utd-gaf.

Pretty confident he will just say something along the lines of "I'm here to stay and I'm very excited for the new season"

Would be surprised if he said his future isn't clear atm.

LegoArmo

I spent a sizeable chunk of tonight watching eating challenges on YouTube for some reason. What's with tiny, 120 lbs, Asian people being able to eat a ridiculous amount of food? Impressed.

pappe

Pretty confident he will just say something along the lines of "I'm here to stay and I'm very excited for the new season"

Would be surprised if he said his future isn't clear atm.

It will be the usual I have a contract at Barca and happy here but what happens in the future i dont know.

I spent a sizeable chunk of tonight watching eating challenges on YouTube for some reason. What's with tiny, 120 lbs, Asian people being able to eat a ridiculous amount of food? Impressed.

Can't beat watching furious Pete eating massive burgers in very few minutes.

bjaelke

Sánto @Zizouology
BREAKING: Bernard liked the structure & proposal. He agreed terms & is now a Shakhtar player. Official confirmation in the coming hours [SE]

3Sixty

1095039_10151546605536611_966185646_n.jpg

Officially on a roll.

justjohn

Really hate that depressed feeling you get whenever your team loses. I know its just a pre season and madrid are quite good but the performance was pretty awful. Hope we dont meet them in champions league.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bale going to Madrid is going to be so funny. He'll go straight into the team and he will never be taken out. I can't wait to see how the dressing room handles it.

Will Ronaldo allow him to take any free kicks?

pappe

Bale going to Madrid is going to be so funny. He'll go straight into the team and he will never be taken out. I can't wait to see how the dressing room handles it.

It will be really funny to see Bale go to Madrid start the first 5-6 matches and then shifted to the bench as Cr7 backup.

FootballFan

LOL maybe if he is injured/not playing he will let Bale take one, maybe.

GHG

Gold Member
CL qualifying round is tomorrow. Teams we can face:

1. Pacos de Ferreira
2. Real Sociedad
3. Metalist Kharkiv
4. PSV Eindhoven
5. Fenerbahce

If possible would like us to avoid Fener and PSV. But then if we cant beat either of those two over 2 legs there is not much point in us getting into the competition.

LegoArmo

Yep. These other seeded teams can also be drawn against the 5 above:

AC Milan
Schalke
Zenit St Petersburg
Lyon

That's insane. These are the teams Celtic can get drawn against:

Austria Wien
Legia Warsaw
NK Maribor
Ludogorets Razgrad
Shakhtyor Karagandy

GHG

Gold Member
That's insane. These are the teams Celtic can get drawn against:

Austria Wien
Legia Warsaw
NK Maribor
Ludogorets Razgrad
Shakhtyor Karaganda

Wtf! Why do you guys get it so much easier? I don't understand how they work these things out...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It will be really funny to see Bale go to Madrid start the first 5-6 matches and then shifted to the bench as Cr7 backup.

lol

If they buy Bale he will start every game.

If Perez spends €120m on a benchwarmer there will be riots in the street. Like Torres when he went to Chelsea, it's too embarrassing to admit that your vanity signing isn't good enough for the first XI. The price tag makes these players undroppable.

Lightning

Banned
CL qualifying round is tomorrow. Teams we can face:

1. Pacos de Ferreira
2. Real Sociedad
3. Metalist Kharkiv
4. PSV Eindhoven
5. Fenerbahce

If possible would like us to avoid Fener and PSV. But then if we cant beat either of those two over 2 legs there is not much point in us getting into the competition.
We can beat any of them but prefer Metalist or Pacos out of those teams but not that concerned with any of them.

If this was later in the season I would be more concerned but we have our full squad and the same squad as last season so we'll be fine against those teams.

FootballFan

Alves(on Abidal):
“It was a very unpleasant surprise because of the effort he made to recover. It personally bothered me because I loved him dearly. If Barca is more than a club, it is for such things, for what club has done for him during recovery time, but losing him leaves a bitter taste.”

(Alves changed his number to Abidal's 22 this season)

Irminsul

Finally, the Bundesliga is starting again this weekend. For all you Football-GAF folks who don't know which team to cheer on, here's a nice handy chart for you:

Although I'd argue Augsburg in the bottom right corner has a better chance of staying in the first division than Braunschweig to the left of it has… (2. Bundesliga has games on Monday)

Linius

Finally, the Bundesliga is starting again this weekend. For all you Football-GAF folks who don't know which team to cheer on, here's a nice handy chart for you:

Although I'd argue Augsburg in the bottom right corner has a better chance of staying in the first division than Braunschweig to the left of it has… (2. Bundesliga has games on Monday)

You're DC'ing bro

Blablurn

I still can't fathom how he's playing Martinez as a defender and Lahm as a midfielder. It's just bizarre. I guess our team is good enough to still play well (domestically), but it'll be tough.

Then again, it's still hard for me to get excited after last season, I'm wondering if our players will find the motivation to go all out again.

yeah, everything feels strange : /

I hope Götze is ready soon. I think he could be the missing key.

FootballFan

I'm sorry, what does DC'ing mean?

dc56, a member who posts here, always posts pictures/news after somebody else already has. That picture you posted was posted here yesterday.

Inside joke in this thread. Ignore Linius, he is the mean guy in this community, he attacks everyone and is a 3 teamer like Pulga.

<3 Linius

Linius

dc56, a member who posts here, always posts pictures/news after somebody else already has. That picture you posted was posted here yesterday.

Inside joke in this thread. Ignore Linius, he is the mean guy in this community, he attacks everyone and is a 3 teamer like Pulga.

<3 Linius

Life long supporter of Monaco, Barcelona and Ajax.

Irminsul

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Just saw the chart, looked at the last few pages and didn't see it posted already.

But then again, this thread seems to go at a rather fast pace…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom