• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince on BVB:
"After six months, I had strong bonds to all the players, to all the fans, that was just amazing. Since then it's my favourite club because of that. I watch every match, I follow, I congratulate, I'm still in contact with Klopp, with Nuri Sahin, Blaszczykowski, Schmelzer. It's just still a strong bond. I also know exactly that the fans still have a strong bond with me. Recently, they sent me a picture. There was someone at the CL final with my shirt on. That's just lovely."

DLGLD8M.jpg

Real love. I hope he comes back some day.

Carbonox

Faubert to Real Madrid was one of the biggest WTF transfers I can remember. Couldn't stop laughing when it was announced.

Real Madrid aren't as bad now but they sure liked to throw money at random players and see what stuck. That image with all the flops highlights it.

Turok_TTZ

Faubert to Real Madrid was one of the biggest WTF transfers I can remember. Couldn't stop laughing when it was announced.

Real Madrid aren't as bad now but they sure liked to throw money at random players and see what stuck. That image with all the flops highlights it.

I credit that to Juande Ramos. He was interested in Faubert with his previous team and was still interested in him when he joined madrid.

Zabojnik

Cassano to Madrid was amazing too. Everyone knew he just didn't have the head for a big club and would flop miserably.

Salvadora

Watching Arsene's press conference at the moment.

He does get asked about Tottenham breaking their transfer record twice (of course giving a non-answer). Papers have taken that 'no one making any moves except Manchester City' a bit out of context too. Right before it he says that a lot of other clubs have only recently been doing business.

It's a good watch.

Mikro

Neo Member
What do Liverpool fans make of the fact that Suarez is not on their photoshoot for individual player photos?

Photos here

Any other major players or squad members that are missing?

Prince on BVB:
"After six months, I had strong bonds to all the players, to all the fans, that was just amazing. Since then it's my favourite club because of that. I watch every match, I follow, I congratulate, I'm still in contact with Klopp, with Nuri Sahin, Blaszczykowski, Schmelzer. It's just still a strong bond. I also know exactly that the fans still have a strong bond with me. Recently, they sent me a picture. There was someone at the CL final with my shirt on. That's just lovely."

DLGLD8M.jpg

Real love. I hope he comes back some day.

Please, take him . . .

isn't that unbelievably dangerous?

Of course! He said the doctor told him so and he lowered it to "only" 10 litres a day lol

It's crazy, really. I thought I drank rather much but I can't keep up with Prince lol. On some days I drink around 3 to 4 litres and I've got to piss all the time. Imagine that with 10 litres hahaha

Please, take him . . .

Maybe next year. I'd love it but it won't happen this summer.

Salvadora

Monreal is back in training on Monday and Vermaelen is six weeks out! Good news for once on the injury front, although maybe a longer injury to Vermaelen would resulted in a greater good.
He just tweeted to say it was two weeks. Something to do with what he posted about the Xbox One :(
Gaming side is a death trap. RIP in peace, Steve.

Holy fuck, what a great morning. Anzhi lose again, now only have 2 points from four games.

It gets even better though. Igor Denisov, Russian national team captain, who we sold to Anzhi for 15 million less than a month ago had a fight with Eto'o and has now been released by Anzhi. LOLOLOLOL

Come back home secret agent Igor!

I love this fucking shitty league so much, endlessly entertaining.

Wilbur

Banned
It gets even better though. Igor Denisov, Russian national team captain, who we sold to Anzhi for 15 million less than a month ago had a fight with Eto'o and has now been released by Anzhi. LOLOLOLOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

that is stunning

that is STUNNING

Tc91

THE MIDFIELDER IS HAVING TROUBLE SETTLING IN
Illarramendi fatigued from stress

Asier Illarramendi is having a tougher time adapting at Real Madrid than was initially expected.

Illarramendi is simply feeling the strain both mentally and physically - something which the doctors have put down to the pressure he is under due to his recent move to 'Los Blancos'.

Furthermore, he is putting himself under additional pressure, as he is eager to play with the team as soon as possible, which is not helping him feel better. In fact, Illarra has barely trained along with the rest of his teammates since the preseason began. The Basque player felt a strain in his right leg during the first training session, on Monday 15th July, and he has been suffering ever since.

Illarramendi played the second half of the preseason game against Bournemouth. The midfielder then made the starting line-up against Olympique Lyonnaisse, but came off injured in the 34th minute after the pain flared up again. He has not played a single minute for Real Madrid since then.

90m euros down the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom