• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
And for a good reason. That man knows his shit and you'd have to be an idiot to deny what an u-turn Sony has done with Playstation.

ibuljvBYp4ba7R.gif
Tell it like it is Panty.
funny-sports-pictures-college-football-texas-tech-bell-ringer.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
like I'm back in 1999

Dreamcast > your console

Juve please sack that fucking LOSER Carlo Ancelotti and bring back Sir Lippi!

I have a feeling that Del Piero won't ever be the same again after that nasty injury :((( Maybe we should consider selling him...

AAAAAARGH FUCKING KEANE

Holy shit Fight Club!

dc89

Interesting...

City are having a bit of a pre-season party and player awards with live music and all sorts in Manchester. Tickets were £10 a pop. All the players, coaches, EDS are there except one man...

Samir Nasri.

Who apparently has a migraine.

Interesting...

City are having a bit of a pre-season party and player awards with live music and all sorts in Manchester. Tickets were £10 a pop. All the players, coaches, EDS are there except one man...

Samir Nasri.

£10?

Why didn't you go?

Poor Kuban, just saw that they'll be the highest ranked unseeded team in the next Europa League round. And I was hoping that we could have 4 Russian teams in the EL group stage this year. Oh well lets hope they at least avoid the likes of Tottenham, Dynamo Kiev, Fiorentina, Udinese, etc.

Fergie

Banned
Interesting...

Samir Nasri.

Is it the time of the month for Ms. Nasri?

Wilbur

Banned
I've just seen that ESPN have a countdown of greatest managers. This link on Paisley's 3 European Cups by Miguel Delaney has individual links to each case for the manager - http://espnfc.com/columns/story/_/i...-modern-management-throwing-different-demands

• No. 20: Fabio Capello
• No. 19: Udo Lattek
• No. 18: Pep Guardiola
• No. 17: Jock Stein
• No. 16: Bela Guttmann
• No. 15: Marcello Lippi
• No. 14: Ernst Happel
• No. 13: Ottmar Hitzfeld
• No. 12: Giovanni Trapattoni
• No. 11: Vicente del Bosque
• No. 10: Bill Shankly
• No. 9: Jose Mourinho
• No. 8: Valeri Lobanovsky
• No. 7: Sir Matt Busby
• No. 6: Arrigo Sacchi
• No. 5: Helenio Herrera
• No. 4: Bob Paisley
• No. 3: Brian Clough

I'm assuming Ferguson is 1 or 2, but can't think of who else. Cruyff maybe? Would have thought Paisley'd be ahead of him.

You can't talk about Eredivisie when you talk about Vitesse. They're a wannabe sucky plastic club who think they are quite something. Glad they're out.

So who can we talk about then? Utrecht was already eliminated by a team from Luxembourg. Vitesse is now out. PSV is going to have a tough opponent no matter who they draw in CL tomorrow. And none of the other Eredivisie teams have played yet.

I hope Kuban draw AZ or Feyenoord to crush your pitiful coefficient this year even more.

K1LLER7

Interesting...

Samir Nasri.

Probably celebrating Eid with others.

I wouldn't want to hang around with those City clowns too :p

Slizz

I've just seen that ESPN have a countdown of greatest managers. This link on Paisley's 3 European Cups by Miguel Delaney has individual links to each case for the manager - http://espnfc.com/columns/story/_/i...-modern-management-throwing-different-demands

I'm assuming Ferguson is 1 or 2, but can't think of who else. Cruyff maybe? Would have thought Paisley'd be ahead of him.

RDM

Di Matteo.

Slizz is a knob :(

pappe

Benitez of course!

Linius

On one hand I can't see how Cruyff wouldn't be in. But seeing Pep was more succesfull at Barcelona than Cruyff and he's in sixteenth position I fear the worst :p

spidye

Dreamcast > your console

Juve please sack that fucking LOSER Carlo Ancelotti and bring back Sir Lippi!

I have a feeling that Del Piero won't ever be the same again after that nasty injury :((( Maybe we should consider selling him...

AAAAAARGH FUCKING KEANE

Holy shit Fight Club!

fucking United stealing our CL trophy :(

Gambit

i will miss it because of work :/

That's so much worse.

That region is gorgeous. Fantastic place to go hiking.

Thanks. It really is beautiful. Tomorrow I hope to go on a rather long hike, but it seems the weather is changing for the worse and it'll be raining all day. Five hours up and five down in the rain doesn't sound too wonderful. We will see.

Gorgeous. I just took this at the Grand Canyon yesterday myself.

That's a great picture. Here in South Tyrol I met one American family and they have just been to the Grand Canyon and told me how wonderful it was and that I definitely had to visit. Your picture now adds to that desire.

Possible DC'ing but it looks like we've agreed terms with Cissokho. Problem is Valencia want us to buy him rather than loan. Hope we can get it sorted because he would really help the defence. Enrique's not a bad player but he's not reliable over the course of a season, we need cover for him that isn't our first-choice RB.

Also, apparently we should be expecting some strong words from John Henry regarding Suarez in tomorrow's papers.

Linius

So who can we talk about then? Utrecht was already eliminated by a team from Luxembourg. Vitesse is now out. PSV is going to have a tough opponent no matter who they draw in CL tomorrow. And none of the other Eredivisie teams have played yet.

I hope Kuban draw AZ or Feyenoord to crush your pitiful coefficient this year even more.

Yeah, I have to admit most of the lower tier clubs who reach Europe got worse the past seasons. Twente is busy with a rebuild so I don't expect too much from them this year. AZ also had a big drawback over the last three seasons. And Feyenoord isn't the Feyenoord you expect them to be for many years now.

I guess it all comes down to PSV and Ajax. Too bad PSV isn't seeded, so it will be tough for them to reach the CL.

Oh and it still is a shame that Vitesse lost. But they lost their key players with Van Ginkel and Bony. Utrecht losing to Differdange is an even bigger shame. And again, they lost about every player that made them reach European football previous season.

Daniel Levy is not stupid, there is a reason Gareth Bale is worth what he is to us at the minute.

He is the biggest star we have ever had, he has been on Times Square advertising boards, hes on the Fifa 14 cover, hes all over the Under Armour website, hes the front or Lucozade with Ox, hes the face of BT Sport. What does this mean? We get exposure, exposure of our shirt which means more money from advertisers. Add to the fact he is doing the business on the pitch for us, or was last season and won all the awards going.

Keeping Bale is just as profitable for us, especially if he helps us get back into the CL, even if he doesn't we will still get a lot of money from his global marketing.

Also having Bale at the club attracts better players, so its not all about the money with him, we can attract that next tier player with him and hopefully build a team good enough for the top four.

Saying that he'll probably leave tomorrow.

Yeah, I have to admit most of the lower tier clubs who reach Europe got worse the past seasons. Twente is busy with a rebuild so I don't expect too much from them this year. AZ also had a big drawback over the last three seasons. And Feyenoord isn't the Feyenoord you expect them to be for many years now.

I guess it all comes down to PSV and Ajax. Too bad PSV isn't seeded, so it will be tough for them to reach the CL.

Oh and it still is a shame that Vitesse lost. But they lost their key players with Van Ginkel and Bony. Utrecht losing to Differdange is an even bigger shame. And again, they lost about every player that made them reach European football previous season.

Wrong. Luka Djordjevic will lead them to glory.

shoplifter

Madrid are all talk, a month ago they said galacticos like Bale pay for themselves, that £100m was in fact affordable when you consider the marketing potential of the player. If Madrid had the cash to afford a player like this they wouldn't have tried all their dirty tricks and left it so late.

I still think he will leave but I know for certain that it will only be for £100m+.

They still haven't completely paid us for Modric yet. This talk of a six year payment plan is baffling, 100m upfront or nothing. Who the fuck are we going to buy to replace Bale on 17m? Generally I'm all about bitching how Levy handles transfers (hahahah deadline day or no deals), but in this case I'm 100% with him. You can't let someone with that kind of value go on a payment plan that adds no value to your club immediately.

dc89

£10?

Why didn't you go?

I usually play 5 a side don't I. Thursday night ting. Then I learnt no 5 a side this week. tickets all gone :(

I think they're gonna make it a yearly thing, so next year I'll go for sure. Hopefully I'll get to see Isco.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Well clearly Conte is #1 and Mancini is #2?

But seriously, what a fucking terrible list. Lippi should be way WAY higher, he won the World Cup AND the CL yo.

No, Vicente del Bosque doesn't count because let's be honest, what the fuck did he do besides picking Barca's best XI? WC-Lippi used a different formation in every single game to counter the opponent.

Helenio Herrera LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

D_prOdigy

Fuck off Levy, "I'm acting like a prick and asking for billions - that makes me a great businessman".

:lol you haven't even finished paying the fee for Modric so give your head a wobble m8.

the question of our time: is Madrid a hobo club?

not everyone can treat you like a charity-case the way the Spanish government does

But seriously, what a fucking terrible list. Lippi should be way WAY higher, he won the World Cup AND the CL yo.

No, Vicente del Bosque doesn't count because let's be honest, what the fuck did he do beside pick Barca's best XI? WC-Lippi used a different formation in every single game to counter the opponent.

Bit of a cheat though, innit.

No, Vicente del Bosque doesn't count because let's be honest, what the fuck did he do beside pick Barca's best XI? WC-Lippi used a different formation in every single game to counter the opponent.

you forget that del Bosque won a pair of CLs himself? He had to have been doing something right since Madrid haven't won a CL since.

This player is not for sale. If you want to buy him it has to be for a number so stupid that we can't turn it down. Bale is the face of the PL and the best player in the league, he is priceless to us.

Madrid are all talk, a month ago they said galacticos like Bale pay for themselves, that £100m was in fact affordable when you consider the marketing potential of the player. If Madrid had the cash to afford a player like this they wouldn't have tried all their dirty tricks and left it so late.

I still think he will leave but I know for certain that it will only be for £100m+.

Don't they still owe you around 12 million for Modric too? :lol

FootballFan

Looks like Ricki Herbert is finally getting the recognition he deserves.

Getting the All Whites to an undefeated World Cup journey and placing above the then World Cup champions Italy, what an achievement.

Can't believe he has made the top 2 with SAF.

Linius

Wrong. Luka Djordjevic will lead them to glory.

Yeah, they wish lol

But Dutch club football gotten a lot worse over the past few years. And with more and more money in all those little countries in the east it won't get any easier for us. Especially the Russian clubs of course with their fucktons of money.

Clegg

dc'ing?

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 59s

#LFC owner @John_W_Henry today told the national media that Luis Suarez will not be allowed to join Arsenal (or anyone else) this summer.

FootballFan

You know who else is a professional analyser?

Michael Pachter

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/johngaudiosi/files/2012/02/michael_pachter-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I said analyserssss, not just one person believes that. It's okay man, Bale is pretty marketable.

And why do you think that is?

sohois

dc'ing?

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 59s

#LFC owner @John_W_Henry today told the national media that Luis Suarez will not be allowed to join Arsenal (or anyone else) this summer.

Not particularly big news; really just a bit of pr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom