• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will never happen...

But.

If Suarez took Liverpool to court and won and they had to sell him for £40m, oh man, that would be funny.

Salvadora

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Burn it all down Luis!! Burn it to the ground!!
All according to Keikaku.

Although you have to be the most naive player in the world to accept those 'good faith' agreements. He should never have trusted Liverpool. Come to Arsene, baby.

Don't have to bby

fabster12971230597.jpg

Salvadora

Suarez would probably lose in court, right? I mean, there's nothing in writing.

It would be the point of no return after that, all the bridges having been burned. And he's done it before.

Any reliable sites that sell PSN fund cards without having to send you a poxy box? I want to be able to buy the card and have an email containing the code instantly....if that's even possible? :lol

I'm sure GAME and ShopTo do that. They do it for Xbox stuff anyway.

Suarez would probably lose in court, right? I mean, there's nothing in writing.

It would be the point of no return after that, all the bridges having been burned. And he's done it before.

Yeah without knowing the details I find it hard to believe he could win in court.

But as you say, if a player takes his club to court there is no way back after that, I can't see how he could even continue playing if he's embroiled in a court case against his club.

Walshy

I still don't understand Suarez's motive in moving to Arsenal.

Arsenal aren't really a bigger club than Liverpool (they are probably tied for popularity/brand) and not that much of a better team than us at the moment, despite us having our worst league performances in recent history. In the last three years he's been here, we have won more than Arsenal. They haven't been close to winning the Champions League or a trophy in that time, and aren't going to win the league or Champions league anytime soon.

He complained about the english media, the media pressure in London will be 10x worse than he gets at Liverpool. We also offer the same wages as Arsenal do.

Suarez himself, is now 26, and will be 27 in January. He probably only has one or two big moves left in his career. He probably could make the move to a La Liga club next year, but if he goes to Arsenal he won't have that opportunity.

Barzul

If Suarez takes L'pool court, there's no coming back from that. Ho do you start a player that tried to sue you? I think they'd sell before it came to that.

Salvadora

Yeah without knowing the details I find it hard to believe he could win in court.

But as you say, if a player takes his club to court there is no way back after that, I can't see how he could even continue playing if he's embroiled in a court case against his club.
I can see it being an ongoing threat against Liverpool.

i.e. you don't sell me now and you know what will be coming. It would hurt Liverpool's image (lol) too having a very public fight with a player who feels they've been wronged and wants out.

Chipotle

Arsenal aren't really a bigger club than Liverpool (they are probably tied for popularity/brand) and not that much of a better team than us at the moment, despite us having our worst league performances in recent history. In the last three years he's been here, we have won more than Arsenal. They haven't been close to winning the Champions League or a trophy in that time, and aren't going to win the league or Champions league anytime soon.
It's simple. If he goes to Arsenal he'll be their best player. And we all know what happens to their best players.

L1NETT

Oh and if you are watching the Milk Cup, tell me how Oliver McBurnie gets on. Bradford City apprentice, think he scored the other day.

Wes

venison crêpe
This EverQuest Next reveal stream is incredible. It's like watching Britain's Got Talent mixed with Worst Home Videos.

Shagwell

I hope Liverpool make the little cunt rot in the reserves for five years.

I sincerely hope we do. If the choice is between selling him this month to another team in the league or keeping him until next year and not letting him play, I choose the latter.

Fine the shit out of him for everything disruptive he does. And let him see if Barca or Madrid are interested after his racism, biting, unprofessionalism, and attempted suing of his own club.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Almost certainly rubbish but some Bale mutterings:

Supposedly AVB+Bale travelled with squad to airport, AVB then got on plane with squad, but then got off plane and left with Bale, and both have returned together to training ground. Not sure what it means but hopefull good?

@real_richcan: My wife was part of the security team that boarded the spurs flight, she didn't see Bale. But was told he traveled to the airport then left

@real_richcan: AVB also didn't travel with the squad

@real_richcan: @mattmembrane @easley91 my wife is a security manager for MAG at Stansted, she was part of the team that saw the players onto the plane

In my dreams I will wake up tomorrow to the official site saying 'Bale signs new contract to 2020' but really it probably means he's on his bike. If it's even true.

If Suarez takes L'pool court, there's no coming back from that. Ho do you start a player that tried to sue you? I think they'd sell before it came to that.

We're talking about the same club that dressed up in those ridiculous t-shirts to support him in spite of his racist behaviour.

Barzul

He complained about the english media, the media pressure in London will be 10x worse than he gets at Liverpool. We also offer the same wages as Arsenal do.

Suarez himself, is now 26, and will be 27 in January. He probably only has one or two big moves left in his career. He probably could make the move to a La Liga club next year, but if he goes to Arsenal he won't have that opportunity.
Why's he moving? Because we have a chance to win the CL as we're actually in it. Liverpool haven't got back in since they dropped out, your current team even with Suarez is better than Spurs or Arsenals? Suarez knows Arsenal are like 2-3 signings away from competing for the league and we actually have the CL to attract these players. Liverpool don't and are like 4-6 players away from competing.

Tc91

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 6m
Coentrão has agreed terms with Tottenham, they'll pay 30m for him. If this is true Levy has gone mad.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Oh and if you are watching the Milk Cup, tell me how Oliver McBurnie gets on. Bradford City apprentice, think he scored the other day.

He's been very impressive according to one of the guys who watches our youth teams regularly.

I don't mean to be a dick but it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up taking him from you guys first chance we get.

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 6m
Coentrão has agreed terms with Tottenham, they'll pay 30m for him. If this is true Levy has gone mad.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Yeah that's not true.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Coentrao has apparently agreed terms with Spurs.

Levy pls.

If you go to the source of that rumour it says we value Coentrao at €30m. Which is total nonsense. If Madrid are giving us £60m plus him they can fuck right off. Levy would never, ever, ever put that kind of price on a defender.

I think we might get him but Levy would value him at around £12-15m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom