• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Even Gordon Taylor knows what's up.

BBC said:
'Practically impossible' for Luis Suarez to leave - PFA chief

Professional Footballers' Association chief Gordon Taylor says it will be "practically impossible" for Luis Suarez to leave Liverpool this month.
Suarez, 26, has been told to train alone after seeking a move to Arsenal.
"With the transfer window expiring, the difficulties of not only selling him to a competitor but also replacing him makes it practically impossible," Taylor said.
Liverpool owner John W Henry has said Suarez will not be sold this summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23635013?

wtfj6q59.png

Reckon someone at the BBC is a Spurs fan?

edit: it's the same on Sky as well. wtf.

they got United's spot right.

GQman2121

Banned
So is he expected play or is he cast off to the reserves? I really don't see how they can let him back into the dressing room after all that has happened.

Mastadon

Banned
Well he has got a 6 match ban. So that's about 6 weeks from the start of the season to cool down.

Yeah, actually works out fairly well considering.

He'll play again, I'm certain. When he realises he can't move, he'll issue some trite apology that RAWK will lap up quicker than King Kenny's jizz.

D_prOdigy

So he scores a few goals and he is forgiven im sure.

Rooney on the other hand im not so sure this time...

If Suaraz decides to get his head down for the year, I'm sure 'Pool fans will embrace him.

Meanwhile Bryan Robson has been gobbing off again saying how Rooney should stay because he's a star player and there's like nowhere better he can go and that all the fans luv him.

no pls.

bud

:lol at the Raheem hate

Stick me in his shoes, with the amount of shit he gets thrown at him when he's out and about, and I'd be arrested for 'assault' faster than you can write off Arsenal's transfer activity.

haha, you always defend liverpool players, no matter what they do.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wales star Ramsey, 22, was quizzed about AVB’s oufit during today’s Arsenal Q&A at the fans’ open day at the Emirates.

He was asked: “In one word, what do you think of Spurs?” He cheekily replied “Fifth.”

Roberto-Soldado_AI_2636205b.jpg

pappe

If Suaraz decides to get his head down for the year, I'm sure 'Pool fans will embrace him.

Meanwhile Bryan Robson has been gobbing off again saying how Rooney should stay because he's a star player and there's like nowhere better he can go and that all the fans luv him.

no pls.

Yes pls.

There is no like to like replacement available and we will suffer greatly if we let him go. Especially if we let him go to Chelsea. That would be a mistake of the same magnitude as compared to Arsenal selling us RVP.

LTWheels

More about Pokemon's Mega evolutions

First off, don't expect to be walking around the Kalos region with Mega Mewtwo stuffed inside a pokeball — these Mega Evolutions only occur in battle, when a Mega-capable Pokemon is holding a very specific Mega Stone. For instance, in order to evolve Lucario into Mega Lucario, he'll have to be holding a chunk of Lucarionite.

Once Mega Lucario is done kicking ass, he'll revert back to his normal form and stuff himself back inside his pokeball.

D_prOdigy

Yes pls.

There is no like to like replacement available and we will suffer greatly if we let him go. Especially if we let him go to Chelsea. That would be a mistake of the same magnitude as compared to Arsenal selling us RVP.

I've not understood the 'Rooney needs replacing' arguments.

We have someone who can more than make up for his goals

G1xTfeyl.jpg

And we bought a little player who is supposed to play in the number 10 role last season you might have heard of him I don't know he's called JI DONG WON

L1NETT

Why do foreign owners come in and think football clubs with hundreds of years of history are brands. You don't just change the name.

Hull City Tigers is an abomination. Huddersfield Dog Botherers sounds much better though.

LTWheels

Not sure if want.

Yeah, it seems like a bit of a weird gimmicky direction. If the Mega versions are not more powerful, they are not worth using. If the Mega versions are more powerful than the rest, there is no point using normal Pokemon.

Facism

Gold Member
Fenerbahce will be a really tough opponent, damn.

That's from the Telegraph article, so hopefully we go through even if we lose.

That won't happen. What will happen is the next best-placed Turkish league team will get Fener's spot if they fail the appeal. There is precedent in this from the punishment they already gave us in regards to this matchfixing nonsense, where trabzonspor got our spot for the group stage after we qualified for it. but you never know, UEFA.

What's annoying is that UEFA already banned us for a season, but for some reason we need ANOTHER punishment.

So i'm not suprised we got Arsenal in the tie. I wouldn't be suprised if they supplied a Greek referee that's a Golden Dawn member. Anything to hinder their progress because the law may fail UEFA in their corrupt crusades.

anyway, fully expecting Arsenal to cruise through it so congrats :D

pappe

I've not understood the 'Rooney needs replacing' arguments.

We have someone who can more than make up for his goals

G1xTfeyl.jpg

And we bought a little player who is supposed to play in the number 10 role last season you might have heard of him I don't know he's called JI DONG WON

What if RVP gets injured? Yes we have Chicharito but he is nowhere near the quality of Rooney yet. I will rage if you tell me Wellbeck. Henriques is an unknown entity.

Yea Kagawa is supposed to be no.10 but so far he has shown nothing in a United shirt and doesnt make me feel confident for the bigger games.

Lastly just because you have 2 players of TOP quality you dont sell the 3rd. Players like Rooney are very hard to find and we should hold onto them as long as they are doing a good job for us which Rooney did pretty well last season even though he was played in a position he doesnt prefer much.

btw just imagine this line up

-------------------RVP------------------
Kagawa---------Rooney-----------Nani/AV7
-------------Fellaini-------Carrick----

Now remove Rooney

Wellbeck------Kagawa---------Nani/AV7

Not as strong and I dont feel comfortable having that lineup going up against Real Madrid, Barca, City or Chelsea.

Irminsul

Good draws for the German teams in the EL and CL qualifiers, should all be manageable (at least in theory, I still want the 90 minutes back Stuttgart stole from me yesterday).

In other news, Tromsø – Beşiktaş is probably one of the longest tours ever done in Europe that is doable entirely by car (Google Maps says 4865 km one-way, or 3023 miles for you fans of archaic measurement units – although it's a bit more if you want to avoid all ferries)

What if RVP gets injured? Yes we have Chicharito but he is nowhere near the quality of Rooney yet. I will rage if you tell me Wellbeck. Henriques is an unknown entity.

Yea Kagawa is supposed to be no.10 but so far he has shown nothing in a United shirt and doesnt make me feel confident for the bigger games.

Lastly just because you have 2 players of TOP quality you dont sell the 3rd. Players like Rooney are very hard to find and we should hold onto them as long as they are doing a good job for us which Rooney did pretty well last season even though he was played in a position he doesnt prefer much.

btw just imagine this line up

Kagawa---------Rooney-----------Nani/AV7

Now remove Rooney

Wellbeck------Kagawa---------Nani/AV7

Not as strong and I dont feel comfortable having that lineup going up against Real Madrid, Barca, City or Chelsea.

First of all, we want Kagawa in the hole because he flat out has a better touch than Rooney. Rooney doesn't really do much in the hole that you would expect from that position. He still plays like he's the main striker.

When we're talking about wanting a replacement for Rooney, it's about finding an attacker who drifts inside from the wing.

Finally, nobody feels comfortable going up against Madrid and the rest of the big teams with or without Rooney because the midfield sucks.

Meier

Fenerbahce is going to be a tough game for all those new Arsenal signings.

Brilliant.

http://i.minus.com/igeVxaagLN5bR.gif[IMG]

Best goal ever?[/QUOTE]

Did they really not overturn that for offside? I guess maybe a better angle would show that he wasn't, but it looks pretty evident in the gif.

[quote="L1NETT, post: 75527367"]Why do foreign owners come in and think football clubs with hundreds of years of history are brands. You don't just change the name.

Hull City Tigers is an abomination. Huddersfield Dog Botherers sounds much better though.[/QUOTE]

You guys started it by renaming the Sears Tower the Willis Tower! People still call it the Sears Tower. People will still call them Hull City or City if they're a local fan. I get the guy's reasoning to a certain extent. The AFC does seem kind of superfluous if it's never used in anything but a hashtag on Twitter.

pappe

First of all, we want Kagawa in the hole because he flat out has a better touch than Rooney. Rooney doesn't really do much in the hole that you would expect from that position. He still plays like he's the main striker.

When we're talking about wanting a replacement for Rooney, it's about finding an attacker who drifts inside from the wing.

Finally, nobody feels comfortable going up against Madrid and the rest of the big teams with or without Rooney because the midfield sucks.

Agreed about Kagawa but putting kagawa on the wing and letting him cut back is a better option than putting Rooney out there.

Walshy

I think Spurs have a better squad than Arsenal.
Definitely.

They are adding more quality whilst Arsenal haven't even replaced the shite fringe players they have got rid of this summer.

Spurs have added Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli and Capoue to their already excellent squad.

Meier

http://i.minus.com/ibfv2l5CC0BzDA.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

The freeze frame is before he actually kicks the ball though. Looks at least two steps off due to the final defender stepping up by the time the passer connects with the ball. Close though!

Zabojnik

john_530_big.jpg

All according to keikaku.

The freeze frame is before he actually kicks the ball though. Looks at least two steps off due to the final defender stepping up by the time the passer connects with the ball. Close though!

Ffs, Frank. The video's been analyzed before. It wasn't offside. Let it go.

FAKE EDIT: Ah, it's you, Meier.

phaze

That won't happen. What will happen is the next best-placed Turkish league team will get Fener's spot if they fail the appeal. There is precedent in this from the punishment they already gave us in regards to this matchfixing nonsense, where trabzonspor got our spot for the group stage after we qualified for it. but you never know, UEFA.

What's annoying is that UEFA already banned us for a season, but for some reason we need ANOTHER punishment.

So i'm not suprised we got Arsenal in the tie. I wouldn't be suprised if they supplied a Greek referee that's a Golden Dawn member. Anything to hinder their progress because the law may fail UEFA in their corrupt crusades.

anyway, fully expecting Arsenal to cruise through it so congrats :D

:lol This got me. We may be favorites but nothing is set in stone yet. We will see.

justjohn

If Avb doesn't beat arsenal to the 4th spot with that squad then he needs to be sacked. Especially if they keep bale. In fact I'd go as far as saying this spurs team with bale is actually third best behind chelsea and city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom