• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle with this all the time, I'm so tired after work. I know if you start exercising you'll have more energy but it's so hard to start

Yeah that's true when I do go after work I come back and I feel fantastic.

But on the other hand I've been on my feet for 7 hours and up since 6.

ATF487

Also Agudelo is going to Stoke, leaving my boyhood club New England Revolution. He barely played for the Revs too

Funny how so many Americans are joining Stoke, I always thought the US style of athleticism was well suited to their game when Pulis was around. Jokingly made a few posts advocating his appointment for US national team coach actually

edit: @brokenbeans, being on your feet all day must be different. I'm sitting on my ass for nearly 10 hours a day and somehow it's tiring :lol:

edit: @brokenbeans, being on your feet all day must be different. I'm sitting on my ass for nearly 10 hours a day and somehow it's tiring :lol:

image.php

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I struggle with this all the time, I'm so tired after work. I know if you start exercising you'll have more energy but it's so hard to start

Downloading new songs/podcasts seems to do the trick.

I rarely work out though, my epic metabolism is good enough for now.
3AQmK.gif

bjaelke

Have you considered running before going to work? I used to do that which meant getting up at 5.30.

Bollocks. We were one person short for football waiting on 3 people, so somebody invited someone who never passes and just shoots every time he gets the ball. He's a nice guy and a really good player, but its a pain in the arse playing on his team

dc89

That Sterling story has been updated.

He'll now stand trial next month for assaulting his girlfriend.

Scumbag.

Bloody idiot. Someone needs to grab him, shake him and drill it in to him just how lucky he is.

He had a rough upbringing (foster homes and all that or was this someone else?) and he's got this amazing talent and can live a lifestyle that most can't even dream of.

Don't waste it.

Bloody idiot. Someone needs to grab him, shake him and drill it in to him just how lucky he is.

He had a rough upbringing (foster homes and all that or was this someone else?) and he's got this amazing talent and can live a lifestyle that most can't even dream of.

Don't waste it.

I'm getting worried. He's very, very young, and he's already built up a resume of idiocy. I couldn't care less if he acts like an idiot, but when it turns into putting his career at risk by doing things which are bad for the club's image (BUT SUAREZ!) or even risking arrests and the legal repercussions if found guilty, it puts a worry in my mind.

Think Rodgers needs to sit down with him. No face touches until he goes a year without being hauled up in front of a magistrate

dc89

Bollocks. We were one person short for football waiting on 3 people, so somebody invited someone who never passes and just shoots every time he gets the ball. He's a nice guy and a really good player, but its a pain in the arse playing on his team

I know dem feels.

I don't mind playing with people better than me, in fact I'd say 4-5 of the people I play with on a Thursday are better than me, one of them worlds ahead.

But he still passes and involved everyone in play. If you genuinely better him or play a nice pass he'll always congratulate you or praise you. Tells you to close down or tuck in etc, I really like playing against him tbh because he's a bloody competitor haha!

But if he wanted to he could just either breeze past everyone, or just tie your legs in knots with skill, he's incredibly good.

Hixx

Anyone here savvy with console outputs?

I don't fancy buying a 1080p tv any time soon just for my bedroom so I was thinking about hooking my PS4 up to my monitor (HDMI to DVI) but how would I go about getting audio? Toslink -> analogue converter that I can plug some headphones into?

Salvadora

I can't believe we still haven't signed anyone...

I'm hearing Samuel Eto'o could be on our radar. We only should have signed this guy like 5 years ago after Thierry left Arsene!

Good thing we drew Fenerbahce, at least we'll still get through even if we lose.
The Gustavo rumours are heating up.

Could see our summer business amounting to Gámez, Gustavo, Perez, Sanogo and a couple more low profile players. Maybe get a striker in the winter transfer window.

D_prOdigy

Could see our summer business amounting to Gámez, Gustavo, Perez, Sanogo and a couple more low profile players. Maybe get a striker in the winter transfer window.

that'sanogo

your chairman is cheap as Chips.

:lol these Arsenal transfer jokes write themselves

fuenf

FCB: Neuer - Dante, Alaba, Boateng, Lahm, Müller, Schweinsteiger, Robben, Ribéry, Mandzukic, Kroos

no Martinez :/ should be a high scoring game.... happy that Jerome plays though.

BUNDESLIGA!!!

Walshy

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 4m
West Ham closing in on signing of Liverpool winger Stewart Downing. #lfc #whufc

We're now in for Modric, Fellaini and Kondogbia according to Jamie Jackson.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/09/moyes-luka-modric-manchester-united?CMP=twt_gu

Modric and Kondogbia would be nice, although Modric is unlikely after just one season; still, it's saner than bidding for Cesc or enquiring about Muller. Fellaini must be the safe last resort; he'd be a definite improvement but I'm sure the club is (rightfully) trying to avoid the 20m+ Everton would ask, regardless of the limited fundsTM. If we don't get any business done by next week, then our transfer planning has really degraded to Arsenal levels.

Edit: lol, is Woodward just going to keep bidding 25m for every target? We're definitely getting Fellaini.

LTWheels

Sterling has been charged with common assault right? Where there is no visible injury? (UK law)

Assault does not have to be physical damage. Threats/fear of violence is enough.

In UK Law, Battery is actual damage. However, media always mistakenly reports everything as Assault. Therefore people don't actually know what assault is.

This is the actual definition of Common Assault:

Intentionally or recklessly, cause another person to apprehend immediate and unlawful personal force.

Barzul

My prediction is Suarez, Gustavo, Ljalic (we badly need someone for the left wing) and Gamez or some other RB. Might also pick up another midfielder. Gnabry gets a promotion to the first team.

spidye

FCB: Neuer - Dante, Alaba, Boateng, Lahm, Müller, Schweinsteiger, Robben, Ribéry, Mandzukic, Kroos

no Martinez :/ should be a high scoring game.... happy that Jerome plays though.

BUNDESLIGA!!!
Oh god. One thing is clear. Gladbach is always hard to play. I'm not so sure if we can beat them

Assault does not have to be physical damage. Threats/fear of violence is enough.

In UK Law, Battery is actual damage. However, media always mistakenly reports everything as Assault. Therefore people don't actually know what assault is.

Intentionally or recklessly, cause another person to apprehend immediate and unlawful personal force.

Same exact battery/assault distinction in America btw. The media also always reports it wrong.

Need it be immediate though? I'm sure I read a case where a threatening phone call (or a series of calls) constituted assault. Forgotten the case name.

mellz

Sirigu – Jallet, Alex, Thiago Silva, Maxwell – Verratti, Matuidi, Lucas, Pastore – Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi

Douchez, Sakho, Digne, Ongenda, van der Wiel, Rabiot, Cavani.

Clegg

United are playing Sevilla for Rio's testimonial. Hopefully Kondogbia has a cracker of a game and we sign him up on the spot.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Do managers give press conferences for the chairty shield? I cant honeslty remember.

Salvadora

My prediction is Suarez, Gustavo, Ljalic (we badly need someone for the left wing) and Gamez or some other RB. Might also pick up another midfielder. Gnabry gets a promotion to the first team.
Gnabry should be sent out on loan to a championship side this summer, but Ryo will get a promotion to the first team this year from the sounds of things. We've got an exciting collection of young players at the club at the moment and it will be interesting to see how they feature as we move forward.

LTWheels

Need it be immediate though? I'm sure I read a case where a threatening phone call (or a series of calls) constituted assault. Forgotten the case name.
Has to be immediate. A threat that you will hurt someone the next time you see them is not enough for an offence of Common Assault. Conditional threats (shut up or I'll hit you) also count as immediate

Words alone can amount to an assault.

I think the case is R v Ireland, about a series of silent phonecalls.

It depends on the facts. it depends upon the impact of the calls of the victim.

For Simple Assault, it's enough for the victim to fear that force could occur immediately after a telephone call.

Simple Assault is practically all case law really, so there are tons of little variation; if and buts built up over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom