• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be immediate. A threat that you will hurt someone the next time you see them is not enough for an offence of Common Assault. Conditional threats (shut up or I'll hit you) also count as immediate

Words alone can amount to an assault.

I think the case is R v Ireland, about a series of silent phonecalls.

It depends on the facts. it depends upon the impact of the calls of the victim.

For Simple Assault, it's enough for the victim to fear that force could occur immediately after a telephone call.

Yes it was Ireland I was thinking of. I was thinking that must have been the ratio there, that force would follow the call. Been a long time since I did crim.

LTWheels

Any how I think that Downing is worth keeping this season, at least until January.

He's the only experienced out-an-out winger that we have. Our other attackers are basically wide forwards. Sterling and Ibe are still young. Assaidi may suppository have good bants, but he his a waste of space on the pitch.

It's only worth selling Downing if we are guaranteed to get in another winger before the window shuts, imo.

Hixx

Hey Prandelli you IDIOT you aren't supposed to pick players that sign for Sunderland for your national team.

subtles

West Ham are having the exact same conversation Kenny and Comolli were having in 2011: "Imagine Downing sending pin point crosses in for Carroll."

Favre playing 4-6-0? Yes please.

jtb

Banned
My prediction is Suarez, Gustavo, Ljalic (we badly need someone for the left wing) and Gamez or some other RB. Might also pick up another midfielder. Gnabry gets a promotion to the first team.

I don't think we're getting a RB.

Hixx

So NBC are promoting the Premier League in New York by comparing them to areas of the city.

Sunderland got the Bronx. West Brom and Villa share Queens, Cardiff: Brooklyn. The Skunks got Jersey
KuGsj.gif

The other, insignificant teams are all smashed into Manhattan on tiny little squares because no-one gives a shit about them.

fuenf

THE BUNDESLIGA IS STARTING IN 6 MINUTES

Seems about right.

Yep that's essentially what Bayern payed to get him out of Hoffenheim (back then the transfer fee was rumoured to be between 15m and 20m). Eventhough he isnt a starter anymore Gustavo played 100games for Bayern in the last 2,5 years, so I'd say 20m is rather cheap actually. In the EPL he'd easily go for 35m.

Wilbur

Banned
So NBC are promoting the Premier League in New York by comparing them to areas of the city.

Sunderland got the Bronx. West Brom and Villa share Queens, Cardiff: Brooklyn. The Skunks got Jersey
KuGsj.gif

The other, insignificant teams are all smashed into Manhattan on tiny little squares because no-one gives a shit about them.

You got the meanest leanest part. Beware of Paolo

jtb

Banned
Somebody at the Telegraph said we were trying to buy one because Sagna is shifting over to CB to cover there.

the fuck... why don't we just... buy a CB....

wenger....

Sagna is 5'9". If one good game against Stoke has convinced Wenger that his long term future is not as a full back, then he is seriously deluded.

Mastadon

Banned
Nope Luis. Like I said in an earlier post, that saga isn't over.

Really? How do you see it playing out then? How does John Henry go from saying he unequivocally won't be sold to Arsenal, to then selling him to you with no replacement?

Is your £51m bid going to entice him enough to make an embarrassing public u-turn?

bjaelke

KuGsj.gif

They went all in promoting the Premier League. Enormous Bale banner. Divided subway trains.

QYnKP2L.jpg

jtb

Banned
Really? How do you see it playing out then? How does John Henry go from saying he unequivocally won't be sold to Arsenal, to then selling him to you with no replacement?

Is your £51m bid going to entice him enough to make an embarrassing public u-turn?

Embarassing public u-turn? It's a business, no one gives a shit. if the right offer comes in and potential replacements are available, they'll forget about any potential embarrassment quickly enough.

Mastadon

Banned
Embarassing public u-turn? It's a business, no one gives a shit.

Oh come on, you don't think it would cause massive problems for Henry if he sold Suarez to Arsenal now? Have you seen our fanbase? He'd be crucified.

And of course it'd be embarrassing. He's made a promise that he won't be sold and given reasons why. If he sold to Arsenal he'd look incredibly weak.

I can't fathom why he'd feel the need to say what he said only to go back on it. It would have been different if it was Rodgers, or Ayre, but this is the owner.

It's over, let it go.

Hixx

They went all in promoting the Premier League. Enormous Bale banner. Divided subway trains.

QYnKP2L.jpg

Yeah I read every team got a subway car. It's nice that they are promoting all the teams rather than just the big names.

Our sports channels could learn a thing or two...

Ferdinand is retiring after this season? Didn't know that.

Why the hell does he have his testimonial before the season, though? That's stupid.

Bayern fans booing BVB and Bundesliga president Rauball.

After winning the treble, they still can't get over BVB hahaha. Stay classy, cunts.

fuenf

Bayern fans booing BVB and Bundesliga president Rauball.

After winning the treble, they still can't get over BVB hahaha. Stay classy, cunts.

they even booed him when he presented the trophy last season. But let's not act like this wouldnt be the case if roles were reversed.

Meier

Looks like the City-Arsenal friendly isn't going to be broadcast here but they're having a delayed free stream on MCFC.co.uk. I'll probably give it a watch then since it'll be closer to when I want to wake up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom