• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sane_Man

Why's he moving? Because we have a chance to win the CL as we're actually in it. Liverpool haven't got back in since they dropped out, your current team even with Suarez is better than Spurs or Arsenals? Suarez knows Arsenal are like 2-3 signings away from competing for the league and we actually have the CL to attract these players. Liverpool don't and are like 4-6 players away from competing.

You can't be serious...

Walshy

Why's he moving? Because we have a chance to win the CL as we're actually in it. Liverpool haven't got back in since they dropped out, your current team even with Suarez is better than Spurs or Arsenals? Suarez knows Arsenal are like 2-3 signings away from competing for the league and we actually have the CL to attract these players. Liverpool don't and are like 4-6 players away from competing.
You have no chance of winning the Champions League.

You are far from just 2-3 signings from winning the league either.

L1NETT

He's been very impressive according to one of the guys who watches our youth teams regularly.

I don't mean to be a dick but it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up taking him from you guys first chance we get.

You did it with Cleverley, you'll do it again. Us smaller clubs are used to it, trust me. We get payed every time Wisdom plays for Pool in the PL for pitys sake.

You aren't the dick, your club is :p

justjohn

Hahahaha

spidye

lol

something for you shatner

969050_10151587555468822_397679446_n.jpg

alaba posted it on his facebook page

Shagwell

This is one of the most wrong posts I've read in here.

Arsenal probably are 3 signings away from competing for the league.

That's if those 3 signings are Suarez, Yaya Toure and Hummels.

In other words, Arsenal are 3 miracles away from competing for the league.

Sane_Man

competing, not winning. DM, striker, GK

How can you even make a real distinction between competing and winning? if you're competing for the title it implies you have a good chance of winning it which could then mean you actually do win it. That's fantasy. Arsenal are miles away from competing for the title. They're a well run club but that's not enough when competing with the mega-rich or mega-established teams who will finish above them, with or without Suarez.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Guys Levy does not value Coentrao at €30m. We bid £15m for Bernard, for fuck's sake.

We'll probably end up getting him because he's a good athlete and fits AVB's system, but I hope we don't because it will be the end of my eternal idol BAE's career at Tottenham. If we're going to replace such a legendary player let's get someone proper, not some cretin that Madrid bought so Ronaldo would have someone to talk to.

justjohn

I really hope spurs actually make the 4th slot this year and squeeze arsenal out. They're showing great ambition and deserve to be rewarded for it.

Barzul

You can't be serious...
I said competing not winning. We finished like 17 points away from Man U, last season. I consider competing either winning or finishing withing 6 points from the eventual winners. Arsenal is lot closer to achieving that than Liverpool.

jtb

Banned
How can you even make a real distinction between competing and winning? if you're competing for the title it implies you have a good chance of winning it which could then mean you actually do win it. That's fantasy. Arsenal are miles away from competing for the title. They're a well run club but that's not enough when competing with the mega-rich or mega-established teams who will finish above them, with or without Suarez.

staying in the title race, finishing a couple of points below 1st is competing for me. maybe there's no distinction to you, but I think there's a pretty clear difference between what Arsenal have done in the past two seasons (horrendous starts, finishing well below the title) and in other "close, but not really"-ish seasons, like 10-11, 07-08 even if the end result is still missing out on the title.

Liverpool in 08-09 is competing for the title.

Sane_Man

I said competing not winning. We finished like 17 points away from Man U, last season. I consider competing either winning or finishing withing 6 points from the eventual winners. Arsenal is lot closer to achieving that than Liverpool.

Last season there was an abnormally low amount of quality in the league. City, Chelsea and Spurs are going to be hugely stronger this season. Liverpool too, but I also don't think we'll finish above you. I don't think there's a chance in hell you'll finish above Chelsea, City or United, so you'll either finish just in or just out of the Champions League. Hardly competing for the title...

Tc91

You're not wrong there buddy, Lolerpool are absolute shite.

Arsenal won't be competing for the league though come on.

Shagwell

Liverpool and Arsenal fans don't seem to like each other very much.

I've got nothing against them. For the most part their supporters are a sound bunch. But their annual 4th-place trophy giving some of them such a holier-than-thou attitude is ridiculous considering they're without silverware for nearly a decade.

Barzul

What's wrong with saying Arsenal have a chance to win the CL compared to Liverpool? We do as we're actually in the competition, is it good chance? No, seeing as we'll be competing against RM, Bayern, Barca, Juve, Man Utd and the likes. Anyways I don't want to start a my club is better than yours argument, so I'll just leave it at this.

jtb

Banned
I've got nothing against them. For the most part their supporters are a sound bunch. But their annual 4th-place trophy giving some of them such a holier-than-thou attitude is ridiculous considering they're without silverware for nearly a decade.

it's not holier-than-thou, just holier-than-non-CL-clubs-like-liverpool :p

Barzul

Last season was had an abnormally low amount of quality. City, Chelsea and Spurs are going to be hugely stronger this season. Liverpool too, but I also don't think we'll finish above you. I don't think there's a chance in hell you'll finish above Chelsea, City or United, so you'll either finish just in or just out of the Champions League. Hardly competing for the title...
Depends on who else we bring in tbh, going of the current squads, I can't disagree with you.

L1NETT

If Arsenal had kept RVP, do you think they would have competed for the title.

United certainly wouldn't have won it. How many points was RVP worth to them. 10-15 ish?

Sane_Man

staying in the title race, finishing a couple of points below 1st is competing for me. maybe there's no distinction to you, but I think there's a pretty clear difference between what Arsenal have done in the past two seasons (horrendous starts, finishing well below the title) and in other "close, but not really"-ish seasons, like 10-11, 07-08 even if the end result is still missing out on the title.

Liverpool in 08-09 is competing for the title.

You're missing my point. I agree that finishing a couple of points off first is competing for the title but how can you make a distinction between the target of winning the title or the target of missing out on the title by 2 points? It makes no sense. It's one game! Arsenal are not title contenders because there's no way you finish a few points off 1st. It'll be a bigger gap than last year.

United certainly wouldn't have won it. How many points was RVP worth to them. 10-15 ish?
Can't see why, they had him the year previous and didn't get close whilst United lost out on GD.

FootballFan

Martino's style already showing. More direct tiki taka.

Gooooooalll Messi.. 1-0

Seriously guys wtf is up with the kit numbers. Somebody answer. Mumei pls.

Man...it's way worse than Madrid's for those not watching... :(

Walshy

What's wrong with saying Arsenal have a chance to win the CL compared to Liverpool? We do as we're actually in the competition, is it good chance? No, seeing as we'll be competing against RM, Bayern, Barca, Juve, Man Utd and the likes. Anyways I don't want to start a my club is better than yours argument, so I'll just leave it at this.
But I never said anything about Liverpool winning the Champions League. I said if Suarez wants to play in the CL and actually win it then joining Arsenal is pretty redundant because it's highly likely you won't win it.

Rad-

There's this u18 cup final going and United'd academy is playing. Andreas Pereira looks like the next Adnan.

arkon

That's assuming they didn't spend that money on somebody else instead. At this point we're going into branching universes and shit.

I don't think you can really say that with any certainty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom