• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
He can play left back too pretty decently.
I didn't think he'd just seal a spot at center back like that! Are PSV a bit short or is he just better? Educate me pls.

He is by far the best defender we have had for years! That should tell you enough. Also says a lot about our previous defenders..

Lightning

Banned
Wenger's comments after the game made me hopeful that he will bring in reinforcements before the end of the window. The pessimist in me might've suspected that he would've commended the current crop of players rather than hint at any incoming, but he said this:
There is no maybe about it. Outside of our midfield, where we have options, we are short in every area.

Forwards - Giroud, 20, yr rookie, Podolski, Walcott
Midfield - Rosicky, Ramsey, Ox, Wilshere, Arteta, Cazorla
Defenders - Gibbs, Monreal, Vermaelen, Kos, Per, Sagna, Jenks
GK, Szcz, Flappy, Martinez

That is a VERY thin squad. Midfield will be perfect with the addition of Gustavo but striker, defender are a MUST.

L1NETT

First goalscorer tomorrow, need to make a quick buck.

Shaun Moloney? Fatty Grant Holt?

Maybe Ben Watson, likes it at Wembley.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
4a507d5c01e611e3945c22000ae90026_7.jpg

Salvadora

There is no maybe about it. Outside of our midfield, where we have options, we are short in every area.

Forwards - Giroud, 20, yr rookie, Podolski, Walcott
Midfield - Rosicky, Ramsey, Ox, Wilshere, Arteta, Cazorla
Defenders - Gibbs, Monreal, Vermaelen, Kos, Per, Sagna, Jenks
GK, Szcz, Flappy, Martinez

That is a VERY thin squad. Midfield will be perfect with the addition of Gustavo but striker, defender are a MUST.
It makes me really sad to think about how things have went so far this summer, because you only have to look at our performance today as an example of how well gelled our squad is.

We need that strength of depth that the three teams above us have. Chelsea, City and United's benches can make the difference in a game (or title race). The belief is there, the backbone is there, but the crucial players who could make the difference aren't.

Turok_TTZ

arsenal no longer pretenders to the throne?
2nd place if they continue such form (i dont see wenger beating mourinho.)

loved dortmund's game and aubameyang in particular. lewa u will not be missed it seems.

Madrid's game was dullllllllllllllllllllllll but yay 3-0.

leadbelly

Banned
Really? I've just switched to 3 and impressed so far. Unlimited data was the deal sealer for me and EE offered me fook all on that front.

EE is a fucking joke. I know 500MB is their lowest plan, but they shouldn't even be offering it. It makes the faster speeds of 4G completely redundant. They charge £21 sim only for that as well. That is pretty expensive for just 500MB of data. All you can do with that is browse and hope there aren't too many pictures and gifs. If all you want to do is occasionally browse the net, why would you want 4G in the first place?

In terms of the speed benefit, 5GB is about the lowest you can go really. That should really be the lowest plan. EE are having a laugh, They're seriously ripping people off with pricing and data limits.

Bumhead

Banned
EE is a fucking joke. I know 500MB is their lowest plan, but they shouldn't even be offering it. It makes the faster speeds of 4G completely redundant. They charge £21 sim only for that. That is pretty expensive for just 500MB of data. All you can do with that is browse and hope there aren't too many pictures and gifs. If all you want to do is occasionally browse the net,why would you want 4G in the first place?

It terms of the speed benefit, 5GB is about the lowest you can go really. That should really be the lowest plan. EE are having a laugh, They're seriously ripping people off with pricing and data limits.

I've signed up for iTunes Match and have already smashed whatever data EE would have offered me just on that, which along with Netflix and Sky Go was why I HAD to get unlimited data.

I was just surprised how easily EE were prepared to let me walk out on them and go with a competitor JUST on the basis of data. I remember a time when they'd bend over backwards to keep custom. Is that not a thing anymore? They literally said "You'll just have to go with someone like 3". Orange's data plans were ridiculously low - like you say, totally pointless - and the one unlimited package T-Mobile were offering for the iPhone 5 was something daft like £52 a month.

Bunch of mentalists.

dc89

Steve Clarke: With Sinclair, we have made an inquiry to Manchester City and there are discussions going on.

Clarke pls.

Lightning

Banned
It makes me really sad to think about how things have went so far this summer, because you only have to look at our performance today as an example of how well gelled our squad is.

We need that strength of depth that the three teams above us have. Chelsea, City and United's benches can make the difference in a game (or title race). The belief is there, the backbone is there, but the crucial players who could make the difference aren't.
Suarez/Rooney, Gustavo, RB we are strongly linked with and maybe a GK and we're good to go. Dunno why we dropped interest in Cesar, he would be very useful this season.

Clegg

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd

Moyes: "I will be trying to make this the first trophy of many. If we win, it's really something that will have been earned by Sir Alex"
A few weeks ago he was saying the CS didn't really count as a trophy.

-_-

Clegg

Suarez/Rooney, Gustavo, RB we are strongly linked with and maybe a GK and we're good to go. Dunno why we dropped interest in Cesar, he would be very useful this season.

What has given you any indication that Rooney would be interested in joining Arsenal?

leadbelly

Banned
I've signed up for iTunes Match and have already smashed whatever data EE would have offered me just on that, which along with Netflix and Sky Go was why I HAD to get unlimited data.

I was just surprised how easily EE were prepared to let me walk out on them and go with a competitor JUST on the basis of data. I remember a time when they'd bend over backwards to keep custom. Is that not a thing anymore? They literally said "You'll just have to go with someone like 3". Orange's data plans were ridiculously low - like you say, totally pointless - and the one unlimited package T-Mobile were offering for the iPhone 5 was something daft like £52 a month.

Bunch of mentalists.

Yeah. I know Orange are part of EE, but I think their data plans are even lower than what EE themselves offer. Not sure if they have changed it. They hadn't the last time I checked.

These are EE's data plans.
http://shop.ee.co.uk/mobile-tariffs/pay-monthly/?plan=24-month

If you look at the 12 month sim only plans, they're shit in comparison to Three. Okay you get unlimited calls, but for £15 a month you can get unlimited data and 2000 minutes of calls on Three. You'd have to be on the phone a heck of a lot to use up 2000 minutes in a month.

Three have upgraded their network to HSPA+ 42Mbps as well. That isn't exactly slow.

Clegg

Rafael can play in tomorrow's game but he'll miss the first league match of the season as he'll be serving the last game of his 3 match ban.

Totally forgot the DFB cup draw was today.

We'll play 1860 in the Allianz arena. That's fucking awesome, I'm excited for that one :)

Edit: It's on September 25? Damn, I'm tempted to go, I guess you should be able to get tickets rather easily.

pappe

Last time we were in the Comm Shield we scored a cracker against City. Hopefully we see this kind of play during the course of the season.

iAgm2Di9mDb6P.gif
I hope Nani can once regain his form... We need our wingers to fire this season... We can't expect to go through this season again with our wingers being horribly out of form and still be able to fighter the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom