• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Lets have a sweepstake for players who will get injured between now and the start of the season because of these matches, which are anticipated by nobody but the relevant FAs

I'm gonna say Gerrard will get injured in tomorrow's pre-match training session

I want Rooney's feet to get crushed flat by the team bus.

Like, Flat Stanley flat. Squished.

Lets have a sweepstake for players who will get injured between now and the start of the season because of these matches, which are anticipated by nobody but the relevant FAs

I'm gonna say Gerrard will get injured in tomorrow's pre-match training session
Wilshere to get injured by a Scottish cunt in the game :(

FootballFan

how many players did Barca lose to the Spain game? Kinda annoyed that Cazorla got called up.

Not as many as usual, "only" 9 Barca players are leaving for international duty.

Tello, Víctor Valdés, Andrés Iniesta and Jordi Alba

Alexis Sanchez

Lionel Messi and Javier Mascherano

Neymar and Dani Alves

Pretty happy with only those players leaving tbh. Cesc got called up but is injured.

I think Parker being absent from the squad on Saturday made it clear he is leaving. As you say, he puts in 100% every game but because Redknapp and Hodgson are thick as pig shit they forced him to play while injured last summer and he just wasn't the same after that Achilles injury. He should never have gone to the Euros.

I'll be sad to see him go but Capoue is an upgrade in every department. Livermore is almost certainly off as well but I think we may end up keeping Huddlestone, he probably wouldn't pass a medical elsewhere and he still has a better passing range than anyone else in the squad.

Livermore going on loan would be great, I think he can do well for a smaller team, increase his value or he comes back with good experience next season.

I think Hudd will go if they can get him out but I think AVB would be happy to keep him as well, ideal for games where we need to go more direct with the passing from deep. I just hope Carroll gets some more games or goes out on loan this season, he looks to have bulked up a bit.

You think Coutz will make the WC 14 squad? Would tear it up with Neygod.

Nope. Don;t think he'll come close either, unless he has a statistically spectacular season. Doesn't seem to be enough hype around him to get the chance, and he plays in a position where Brazil are well-stocked. Could end up harming us if he decides to look elsewhere for exposure (assuming he doesn't want to leave for silverware)

Ha, dc is a #BreakingBadCatchupBro

pappe

Sdo2kXx.png

My team. #fuckdefenders

pappe

Danny Fox lol

Thank fuck you don't lose points for individual errors, you'd end up on negative points

Had Clyne but it seems he is not gonna start.

Yeah he missed the Asia games because of the Confederations cup, joined up in the USA and played 45 mins against Inter and 45 against AC Milan before getting injured. He looked in really good form

Damn.. guess I will have to shuffle my midfield again.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ah yeah you're right. Good signing though. Him and Anelka should go some way to replacing Lukaku.

Anelka's washed up, he won't do anything there.

Vydra's decent but he's a very different player to Lukaku, it will be interesting to see how he does. For me Shane Long is their best forward.

Wilbur

Banned
Anelka's washed up, he won't do anything there.

Vydra's decent but he's a very different player to Lukaku, it will be interesting to see how he does. For me Shane Long is their best forward.

I think Anelka will surprise people. Think he'll get 10 goals or so this season at least.

I really like Long; he's a little nuisance but he can actually play a bit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom