• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
so PSG wants to bid on Daniel Alves... fitting marriage, cunt player to a team of cunts.

tumblr_lyn2q4lSnw1qh2a1qo1_500.gif

Arnie

West Wing is my next show once I wrap up The Thick of It.

God The Thick of It is good. Definitely in the same tier as Partridge and The Office, like Wilb said. Every scene with Malcolm is laugh out loud funny, and the writing is very clever. It has to be good to make Chris Addison even remotely amusing.

And Gustavo is a top signing for Arsenal. Again, it's not in a problem area for them, and only enhances their already excellent midfield, but they've been missing a stopper since Song left.

Wilbur

Banned

God The Thick of It is good. Definitely in the same tier as Partridge and The Office, like Wilb said. Every scene with Malcolm is laugh out loud funny, and the writing is very clever. It has to be good to make Chris Addison even remotely amusing.

And Gustavo is a top signing for Arsenal. Again, it's not in a problem area for them, and only enhances their already excellent midfield, but they've been missing a stopper since Song left.

Make sure you watch In The Loop as well, and try to catch TTOI series 4 because I think it only goes up to 3 on Netflix

Labadal

We've been offloading the players that really didn't fit into Brentan's style of play, I almost want to touch his face.
Now we need to offload Borini and Allen. Bring back Suso from loan and give Yesil an opportunity. Sign a left back, another center back and a midfielder or two.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Had the same reaction.

Hard to discuss the show in that thread with a selection of Breaking Bad zealots. It's like debating national rail prices with a trainspotter.

Two seasons ago, someone called me a 'serial killer' for expressing my opinion.

Fuck discussing TV shows with fucking neogaf.

Arnie

Ja, was on last year. Where are you now? Have you met Peter Mannion yet?

If so you're fucking lucky because series 4 has fuckloads of the amazing Peter Mannion
At work m8.

Just kidding.

Aye, he makes the odd appearance in the third series. Just saw the episode where him and Nicola are debating on Richard Bacon's radio show. So fucking funny. When Malcolm loses it at the producer woman and starts acting out the sound of him hammering nails into the coffin of her career.
We've been offloading the players that really didn't fit into Brentan's style of play, I almost want to touch his face.
Now we need to offload Borini and Allen. Bring back Suso from loan and give Yesil an opportunity. Sign a left back, another center back and a midfielder or two.
Allen can stay, I believe in him.

Borini can be cast into the fires of Sparta, though. Lad's just not got what it takes. And let's see how much Suso progresses by playing regularly in La Liga; could be great for him. I want him back as much as the next person (probably more tbh), but I want him to come in and be a boss deep playmaker, not a bit part winger. Gerrard's only getting slower, and Suso will only get better with this opportunity, next summer he could be the catalyst for a new dimension in our midfield.
Two seasons ago, someone called me a 'serial killer' for expressing my opinion.

Fuck discussing TV shows with fucking neogaf.
Sounds about right.

People getting themselves far too invested in these shows and can't take it when people offer up legitimate complaints.

Also, this article on Moyes may or may not give clues as to how I knew he'd be the United manager.

Its excellent, just googling some malcom quotes can have me in tears of laughter

Malcom: You breathe a word of this, to anyone, you mincing fucking CUNT, and I will tear your fucking skin off, I will wear it to your mother's birthday party, and rub your nuts up and down her leg whilst whistling Bohemian fucking Rhapsody, right!?

Mastadon

Banned
Gerrard's only getting slower, and Suso will only get better with this opportunity, next summer he could be the catalyst for a new dimension in our midfield.

Are you saying he might be the missing piece of the jigsaw?

The Thick of It and Brass Eye are the two best British comedies ever.

Fact.

LTWheels

And let's see how much Suso progresses by playing regularly in La Liga; could be great for him. I want him back as much as the next person (probably more tbh), but I want him to come in and be a boss deep playmaker, not a bit part winger. Gerrard's only getting slower, and Suso will only get better with this opportunity, next summer he could be the catalyst for a new dimension in our midfield.
[/URL]

I have a horrible feeling that Suso won't make it as a Liverpool player. It keeps me awake most nights. :(

Carbonox

West Ham amassing an England worst XI squad.

Trashy club.

Next they'll go for Peter Crouch to partner Carroll. A strike force even the Ents from LotR would be proud of.

Arnie

I have a horrible feeling that Suso won't make it as a Liverpool player. It keeps me awake most nights. :(

Stop it.

Rodgers will fucking love him. Pure technique and slick passing. Spanish swashbuckler. Don't fear amigo.

If we're flogging Downing we better have a plan that doesn't involve prematurely launching Ibe's Odyssey. Downing wasn't bad last season, certainly capable of having an impact in the squad. Bring me a top signing Brendan.

Feorax

If we're flogging Downing we better have a plan that doesn't involve prematurely launching Ibe's Odyssey. Downing wasn't bad last season, certainly capable of having an impact in the squad. Bring me a top signing Brendan.

Absolute worst case scenario, even if we don't sign anyone for the RW, we can use Aspas there for a little while. Lad seems to know what he's doing.

Still think we'll sign a wide player though.

Downing will be alright for West Ham I think. Average winger for a average team.

No pressure on him now, fully expect him to re-capture his Villa form.

LegoArmo

Lol, Barry Ferguson.

Nah, he's surely not goin anywhere. He was captain in one of our pre-season friendlies IIRC, so obviously BR sees something in him.

Coates will go long before Hengod.

The most expensive players in our current squad are Hendo and Suarez. Makes me feel a bit better.

I'm an expert football scout™ and I see huge potential in Henderson. Get rid of Allen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom