• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to A-Level bros who got what they needed, hard luck Atticus.

I'm going to Edinburgh next year for uni, I fully expect to come home with an English accent.

Edit: Hahaha I forgot how shite a keeper Gomes was.

arkon

Ji Sung Park will play his first match for PSV against the Eagles this saturday.

500.gif

Cool. Always liked the guy. Hope he has a better time at PSV than last year.

I'll never forget his WC2002 goal vs Portugal. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I got swept up in some of the Korea hype that year. Good times.

Plasma

Banned
Arteta could be out injured for a month our only replacement is Ramsey who picked up a knock but might be fit for the Villa game.

GHG

The Ox is 20 today.

Think it could be his make or break season.

Jesus fuck.

Arsenal Podcast ‏@arsenalpodcast 16m

Doubts for Sat: Arteta, Cazorla, Ramsey, Theo, Sagna. Monreal / TV / Diaby out. Who fills the bench then? Is Bendtner still in the building?

Time to cry, no more laughing.

Also, Ox will be fine even if he doesn't become consistent this year. The kids got bags of talent and seems to be well grounded.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Congrats to all the exams-results team. Uni is a piece of piss in comparison. Enjoy yourselves, especially in first year while you still can.

Don't worry to anyone who missed out on getting what they wanted / are resitting. You're just following the same road I took to international superstardom. The best drivers pass on their second time etc. ;)

Salvadora

Arsenal Podcast ‏@arsenalpodcast 16m

Doubts for Sat: Arteta, Cazorla, Ramsey, Theo, Sagna. Monreal / TV / Diaby out. Who fills the bench then? Is Bendtner still in the building?

Time to cry, no more laughing.

Also, Ox will be fine even if he doesn't become consistent this year. The kids got bags of talent and seems to be well grounded.
Revised league standing based on current events:
  1. Manchester City
  2. Chelsea
  3. Manchester United
  4. Tottenham
  5. Liverpool / dark horse
  6. Arsenal

Ox looked to regress a wee bit in his second season, disappointingly. Maybe expectations were just higher though. All our young English players seem to be well grounded. It's really good to see.

bjaelke

Revised league standing based on current events:
  1. Manchester City
  2. Chelsea
  3. Manchester United
  4. Tottenham
  5. Liverpool / dark horse
  6. Arsenal

Ox looked to regress a wee bit in his second season, disappointingly. Maybe expectations were just higher though. All our young English players seem to be well grounded. It's really good to see.
They were showing a Swansea pre-season show last night (Laudrup circle-jerk) and the Swansea fans said they could/should finish in top 6.

Dark horse or fans getting carried away?

Wilbur

Banned
They were showing a Swansea pre-season show last night (Laudrup circle-jerk) and the Swansea fans said they could/should finish in top 6.

They've improved their squad a fair amount this year so I can see them challenging for top six but with Europe as well as the fact they're just not as strong as the others, they won't get it. They'll get between 7th and 10th for sure.

justjohn

Swansea's involvement in the europa league I think could affect their league performance. Their squad isn't big enough to cope with both challenges as Newcastle found out last season.

Salvadora

I think a bit of both honestly.

They're in Europe which will stretch their squad, but if they keep everyone they have a good chance domestically I think.
End of the season prediction as of right now:
  1. Manchester United
  2. Manchester City
  3. Chelski
  4. Arsenal
  5. Tottenham
  6. Liverpool
I think you're overestimating United and underestimating Tottenham. We could even sneakily predict a top three finish for the latter if they strengthen their defence.

United will have teething problems adapting to a new manager, but won't implode completely.

bobito

Banned
Congrats to all the exams-results team. Uni is a piece of piss in comparison. Enjoy yourselves, especially in first year while you still can.

Don't worry to anyone who missed out on getting what they wanted / are resitting. You're just following the same road I took to international superstardom. The best drivers pass on their second time etc. ;)

Biggest lie ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom