• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Mirallas is gonna be their best player

Yeah, I think so too. Massive player!

Hitcher; I don't think that Delafaaoloalaolo will play as much as I want to, and I don't think he will do that great. He is still young, unexperienced and Marinez has said that he won't be a reguler.

PC master race

Come at me bro

iOs1gBgTvtGaX.gif

K1LLER7

Yeah, I think so too. Massive player!

Hitcher; I don't think that Delafaaoloalaolo will play as much as I want to, and I don't think he will do that great. He is still young, unexperienced and Marinez has said that he won't be a reguler.
Did you start Steinsgate??

bjaelke

You guys don't get multiple consoles of the same variety in Denmark?! reggiewhatswrongwithyou.gif

I have one in the living room and one in the bedroom. I had 2 PS3s for a time as well but my 40GB was sounding like an airplane so I traded it in.
Tier 2 country. We only just got the ps2 and xbox.

dc89

Well not exactly trolled but kinda... laughed at. If you get this or not depends how familiar you are with the podcast. But they refer to user names or twitter usernames as 'hacker aliases'. And my twitter thing is my name, and 9/10 people can't actually pronounce my surname so I always end my tweets to them with 'Dan from Manchester'. To avoid the awkwardness on their part of trying to get my name right and me going something like '-.- really?'. You'd be surprised at what I've heard from people trying to say it right.

So the host said "right lets do this one from Dan from Manchester". Awkward moment.... "I really wish he'd just use DanChester" *all of them laugh*.

:(

Racism.

panty

It's coming and anyone thinking it won't are fools. Everyone expecting at least 6 months or so from console launch of course, but I can honestly wait unless I get real bored during Christmas holidays.

Yeah right. GTA V will be amazing and everyone's going to be talking about it. Good luck waiting +6 months.

faridmon

Did you start Steinsgate??

Yep, the first two episode are quite confusing, but the microwave bit was quite funny.

I really dislike the artstyle and so far, its not that exciting, but I have been told it gets better so I am going to truck along.

Have you watched the latest HxH ep? It was a bit boring, but I am really excited for the next episode.

and I caught up with Attack on Titan. HOLY SHIT!!!!!
Dat female Titan

We should play a game where we predict Lawrenson's predictions

I'll start (his predictions in brackets) C=Correct result, CS=Correct score

Liverpool 2-0 Stoke (1-0) C
Arsenal 2-0 Aston Villa (2-0) CS
Norwich 1-1 Everton (2-1)
Sunderland 1-1 Fulham (1-1) CS
West Brom 2-1 Southampton (2-1) CS
West Ham 1-0 Cardiff (2-0) C
Swansea 1-1 Man Utd (1-1) CS
Crystal Palace 0-2 Tottenham (1-2) C
Chelsea 3-0 Hull (2-0) C
Man City 3-1 Newcastle (2-0) C

5 correct results, 4 correct scores, 1 incorrect result

Well not exactly trolled but kinda... laughed at. If you get this or not depends how familiar you are with the podcast. But they refer to user names or twitter usernames as 'hacker aliases'. And my twitter thing is my name, and 9/10 people can't actually pronounce my surname so I always end my tweets to them with 'Dan from Manchester'. To avoid the awkwardness on their part of trying to get my name right and me going something like '-.- really?'. You'd be surprised at what I've heard from people trying to say it right.

So the host said "right lets do this one from Dan from Manchester". Awkward moment.... "I really wish he'd just use DanChester" *all of them laugh*.

:(

Racism.

Is it pronounced like 'crayon' with a soft 'a' instead of the 'o' ?

Yeah right. GTA V will be amazing and everyone's going to be talking about it. Good luck waiting +6 months.

Well it will help that I have absolutely no money until February but instead lots of working.
iC2Gew71JAHXj.png

it's gonna be like 4 again, by the time it hits PC no one will give a fuck and console folks moved on already.

Didn't do crazy sales in the US but overall It sold well, despite being a piss poor port.

All GTA games (excluding the handheld ones of course) has come to PC (not to mention pretty much all big R* games other than RDR) and that the Rockstar porting studio has been hiring intensively lately. Anyone thinking GTA 5 is not coming to PC at some point are clueless.

Meier

I go back to Orlando for like 9 days every Christmas.. by the time I'm back, I haven't had any time to actually game. Kinda sucks.

jtb

Banned
An injury crisis is basically the best thing we can hope for at this point, along with some hideously embarrassing defeat to Villa or something. Fuck you Wenger.

Wes

venison crêpe
An injury crisis is basically the best thing we can hope for at this point, along with some hideously embarrassing defeat to Villa or something. Fuck you Wenger.

We would be glad to help you with this shock treatment if you give us 3 points.

Meier

So I've joined 2 FPL teams that involve RL people who would not get Meier's Manic Mancs at all so I've changed my team name. Citizens Against Utd, league winners in 2013/2014.

Always have said it Kree-han in my head.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah. Totally best thing ever so Wenger will go panic buy and we'll have more deadwood for our squad to leech us for a few years. Brilliant.

I wanted Ox to get playing time. Not going to happen with 7 midfielders in the squad.

Meier

We should loan Guidetti to Arsenal. They're certainly getting a bit desperate at this point and it'd be amazing for him to get to play for a notable team on loan. Works out for everyone involved.

Randdalf

We should loan Guidetti to Arsenal. They're certainly getting a bit desperate at this point and it'd be amazing for him to get to play for a notable team on loan. Works out for everyone involved.

Guidetti ended up as Man Utd manager in my FM 2012 save.

Lightning

Banned
Like fuck it does. We will not deelop your youngster. It's out of the question.

Meier

Like fuck it does. We will not deelop your youngster. It's out of the question.

Oh man I laughed out loud for a good solid 6-8 seconds at this. Lightning is one of my favorite posters.. the vitriol just explodes off the page (screen). It works even better when I imagine it said with a dutch accent.

Good times.

jtb

Banned
Yeah. Totally best thing ever so Wenger will go panic buy and we'll have more deadwood for our squad to leech us for a few years. Brilliant.

I wanted Ox to get playing time. Not going to happen with 7 midfielders in the squad.

eh, not all of his panic buys have been bad. Mertesacker and Arteta were absolutely crucial signings, but that didn't stop Wenger from dragging his feet up until the very last day of the window before pulling the trigger. And now they're the closest thing we have to key players.

As long as the Ox stays a winger, he'll have no problem getting minutes w/ Gervinho gone. We're a bit short on wide players with everyone and their mother wanting to play through the middle; but I think Ox is more proven on the wing and should keep playing there, regardless of what Wenger and him think his long-term future is.

We definitley don't need to buy any non-DM midfielders though imo, we've got so many youngsters waiting in line. We need a forward, a defender or two, a DM, a GK. we needed that at the start of the summer, and we still need all of those. If Wenger willingly doesn't sign any of those, his position is untenable as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom