• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Oh man I laughed out loud for a good solid 6-8 seconds at this. Lightning is one of my favorite posters.. the vitriol just explodes off the page (screen). It works even better when I imagine it said with a dutch accent.

Good times.
Well your one of my favourite as well. You and DC are awesome.

I was calm for most of this window but now I'm frustrated. I thought for sure with us shipping out so many players we would have the basics covered by no... We've shipped out over 25 players this window and now I fear we will panic buy and end up with more crap again. Shoouldn't have been this way.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh man I laughed out loud for a good solid 6-8 seconds at this. Lightning is one of my favorite posters.. the vitriol just explodes off the page (screen). It works even better when I imagine it said with a dutch accent.

Good times.
Possibly the best poster on GAF. <3

HOLY SHIT

His mother. She's pretty, then she turns her face and she looks like she's 60. Then she turns again and you're like, eh.

pracfX3.jpg

Lightning

Banned
eh, not all of his panic buys have been bad. Mertesacker and Arteta were absolutely crucial signings, but that didn't stop Wenger from dragging his feet up until the very last day of the window before pulling the trigger. And now they're the closest thing we have to key players.

As long as the Ox stays a winger, he'll have no problem getting minutes w/ Gervinho gone. We're a bit short on wide players with everyone and their mother wanting to play through the middle; but I think Ox is more proven on the wing and should keep playing there, regardless of what Wenger and him think his long-term future is.

We definitley don't need to buy any non-DM midfielders though imo, we've got so many youngsters waiting in line. We need a forward, a defender or two, a DM, a GK. we needed that at the start of the summer, and we still need all of those. If Wenger willingly doesn't sign any of those, his position is untenable as far as I'm concerned.
Your DM will be Flamini if anyone at all.

GHG

Arsenal bros calm down. I heard we are signing Michu.

Pacojo &#8207;@PacojoSER
El Arsenal va a hacer una oferta al Swansea por Michu. Calidad tiene de sobra como para jugar en uno de los grandes de la Premier.

This is the answer to everything! Thank you Arsene!

Slizz

Arsenal bros calm down. I heard we are signing Michu.

Pacojo &#8207;@PacojoSER
El Arsenal va a hacer una oferta al Swansea por Michu. Calidad tiene de sobra como para jugar en uno de los grandes de la Premier.

This is the answer to everything! Thank you Arsene!

A striker as slow as Giroud, nice.

Michu>Giroud

Meier

Well your one of my favourite as well. You and DC are awesome.

*hugs* It's a love-in!

The goal Insigne scored yesterday for Italy was gorgeous. He seemed to have a real attitude problem IMO during the U-21 Euros but if he can keep his nose clean.. my goodness, he has quite a future ahead of him.

Zabojnik

*hugs* It's a love-in!

The goal Insigne scored yesterday for Italy was gorgeous. He seemed to have a real attitude problem IMO during the U-21 Euros but if he can keep his nose clean.. my goodness, he has quite a future ahead of him.

Better than Maradona.

Hindle

Banned
Do people still think Bale will leave? I don't, I think he'd have gone already if he was going to leave.

My predictions btw.

Chelsea
Spurs
Man City
Man Utd
Liverpool
Arsenal

Relegation

Newcastle
Crystal Palace
Hull

CL Chelsea or Real Madrid

Team to watch: Swansea, I think they'll continue to rise.

Wildcard prediction for the season: Spurs to win the PL if they keep Bale.

GHG

what's Villa's stance on Benteke? Not for sale, at all? We should put in a 30m+ panic bid, I don't want Michu.

Yep. I'd prefer Benteke as well but I doubt he'd leave so soon after his U-turn on the transfer request saga. I'd actually prefer him over Suarez as well.

operon

Spurs have the best chance of getting fourth with Liverpool having a small chance as for Arsenal how's that squad going to manage 4 competitions with their legendary injury problems.

Linius

Breaking Bad related (don't worry, I'm only on S3) but I've just found the best fucking thing on Etsy. THE BEST.

Being the nice lad I am, I don't want to link it because I dunno if people are behind me etc. But it's seriously cool, I can PM.

You know we have spoilers on Neogaf. So I think it would be possible for you to hide what you want us to see in a spoiler link. But it's just a suggestion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom