• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Is Sviat present? I'm waiting for his witty response on Dutch defending. Did he surface at all since the tragic loss actually?

I'm going to start following the Premiere League (and football in general) when it begins airing on NBCSN in the US this weekend. I've whittled the team I'm going to follow down to Chelsea or Liverpool. I can't decide. Help.

Scum

"Ahmagad! Dat GTA V! "
"Hnnnnng!"
"Day 1!"
"PeeEssTriple, yo!"
"That sounds so cool!"

Two weeks later...

"Anyone for FIFA? I'll be on in 15mins."

Guys, pls.

Linius

I'm going to start following the Premiere League (and football in general) when it begins airing on NBCSN in the US this weekend. I've whittled the team I'm going to follow down to Chelsea or Liverpool. I can't decide. Help.

Lol, are you planning on dividing this community into two sides to win you over? :p

Liverpool has cookies and they are owned by Americans iirc.

@DC, thanks mate, will do.

Wilbur

Banned

oh god

neither pls

NEITHER

What are your reasons for each, if I may ask?

Lightning

Banned
It's going to be glorious watching everyone build Spurs up only for us to shit on them at the end again. Makes poor seasons not feel so bad knowing you've taken a dump on Spurs.

dc89

Here are Aguero's thoughts on you supporting Chelsea.

aguero-luiz.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's going to be glorious watching everyone build Spurs up only for us to shit on them at the end again. Makes poor seasons not feel so bad knowing you've taken a dump on Spurs.

This time...this time....

*clings to whiskey bottle*

I have no words.

Join the mighty Reds. You know you want to. You can go to sleep at night with images of Coutinho dancing through defences with a majesty not witnessed by this species before, culminating in a purely orgasmic through-ball to Sturridge who powers it in from an impossible angle. Your dreams will be full of the all-knowing hand of Brendan Rodgers touching your face. You can come along for the ride to destination domination. Any other choice is the choice of a heretic and your punishment will be watching our journey take it's cause and knowing you didn't hop on the train when you had the chance.

Don't be the heretic. Be the believer in the one true cause.

Linius

It must be tough if you didn't grew up with football to pick a club :p

Guess I'm just lucky to be born in a family who supports Ajax. If my family had supported Nac Breda or some other random club football wouldn't be half as fun :p

GHG

You're making a bad choice either way.

It must be tough if you didn't grew up with football to pick a club :p

Guess I'm just lucky to be born in a family who supports Ajax. If my family had supported Nac Breda or some other random club football wouldn't be half as fun :p

My dad is a Brøndby and Liverpool supporter. But I knew it was wrong. He also likes schalke. Really it's a wonder I turned out this well, something I can only credit myself for.

Meier

Chelsea have a good chance to win the league this year. Liverpool have more historical success. It's kinda like rooting for the Patriots or the Cowboys (in recent years). Chelsea come to the US a lot so you'd probably have a chance to see them in person at some point so there's that. Liverpool are owned by John Henry (Red Sox).

My dad is a Brøndby and Liverpool supporter. But I knew it was wrong. He also likes schalke. Really it's a wonder I turned out this well, something I can only credit myself for.

why can't people support one team? i can't imagine supporting anyone outside of Benfica (except when trolling).

Linius

I grew up with Ajax pictures on the walls from our golden era and the '95 CL victory and stuff like that. Born in Amsterdam too, so yeah Ajax was the only way to go.

Willian's done an interview with ESPN. Can't read the language though.

Apparently, he had this to say but don't hold me to this because these quotes are just from someone's Twitter:

Willian: "Now I'm hoping, of course, in the coming days to receive an offer from a club like Liverpool."

"Liverpool, it sure is a great club. I am hopeful and peaceful hoping for the best."

"I love the Premier League, much like the style of English football, and certainly if it happens will be good for me."

"I know there have been some conversations, but do not know about the values, my manager hasn't told me."

Time to start unzipping?

Linius

I was ready to order some undies and FIFA 14 but apparently that deal at The Hut was a one day thing. I should read better next time -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom