• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
why can't people support one team? i can't imagine supporting anyone outside of Benfica (except when trolling).

It's fairly easy, you like more than one team. I won't ever support a club like I do with Copenhagen because I grew up close to it, but I still very much like Chelsea and Palermo, watch all their matches (well I did! Serie B matches are fucking hard to find) and just follow the team. I just really like football but find it hard to watch matches as a neutral, so it's great to have a team to follow in England and Italy, especially when Denmarks winter break is like 3 winters long.

Linius

If this is what you're looking for, support Man City. Great fans. :) Between Chelsea and Liverpool, definitely go Liverpool though. They're a major rival of United's.

He didn't say he was looking for a sheikh owned club who spend a shitton of money eh.

It's fairly easy, you like more than one team. I won't ever support a club like I do with Copenhagen because I grew up close to it, but I still very much like Chelsea and Palermo, watch all their matches (well I did! Serie B matches are fucking hard to find) and just follow the team.

Same here. I care for Barcelona and watch most of their matches. But Ajax is my club. If the two ever clash in the CL I want Ajax to win. It's that simple.

That having said, Barcelona and Ajax just share a lot of history so it's not a weird step to start to 'support' Barcelona from my position.

Linius

Just noticed that as well. Someone mentioned that reloading on your phone a bunch of times fixed some weird things with quotes.. hopefully that is one of them. One of the best features on Mobile for sure.

Yeah, mostly when I'm on break at work I just skim trough the Animal Crossing quite fast to see if I missed some quotes. Well, that's over now :p

Dazzler

C'MON BRENTY, MAKE WILL.I.AN HAPPEN PLS

220px-Will.i.am_in_2012.jpg

Timurid

Chelsea have a good chance to win the league this year. Liverpool have more historical success. It's kinda like rooting for the Patriots or the Cowboys (in recent years). Chelsea come to the US a lot so you'd probably have a chance to see them in person at some point so there's that. Liverpool are owned by John Henry (Red Sox).

Patriots aren't going to win shit this year.

Meier

From funny pics thread.
KuGsj.gif

http://i.imgur.com/8AU7yZP.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

lol, what the what?! Is that from 13? I definitely played some dudes who were hacking at some point. They were playing as the "World XI" but had this funky kit. Both me and my teammate saw the same thing.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPpkxKRCYAATGjQ.jpg:large

LegoArmo

lol, what the what?! Is that from 13? I definitely played some dudes who were hacking at some point. They were playing as the "World XI" but had this funky kit. Both me and my teammate saw the same thing.

BPpkxKRCYAATGjQ.jpg:large

It's a pretty common glitch, doesn't mean they're hacking, I don't think.

TrueBlue

I'm going to start following the Premiere League (and football in general) when it begins airing on NBCSN in the US this weekend. I've whittled the team I'm going to follow down to Chelsea or Liverpool. I can't decide. Help.

Chelsea, obviously.

But seriously, support who you like and don't give a damn what anyone else thinks.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Willian goes to Liverpool I'd say they have a better squad than Arsenal.

They'd have more numbers but how many of Liverpool's first XI would go straight into Arsenal's? Suarez, Mignolet and maybe Coutinho. None of their back 4 would get in nor would any of the CMs.

Plasma

Banned
The Mirror are reporting that Arsenal have had a £6m bid for Ashley Williams rejected, I wonder if we'll come in with an improved £6m and 1 pound offer next.

Meier

Well bid again Txiki.
I don't think we will. Probably was prior to Jovetic being finalized if I had to guess. Can't see us spending another £30-35m on an attacker this window.. would love to be wrong though.

The Mirror are reporting that Arsenal have had a £6m bid for Ashley Williams rejected, I wonder if we'll come in with an improved £6m and 1 pound offer next.

Arsenal are so obnoxious. I would be so frustrated if I were a fan of theirs. The team wants £10m. Don't come in with an insulting offer like that when you're desperate. It's ridiculous.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

That's embarrassing. There's opening with a lowball bid and there's taking the piss.

Like when Harry bid £250k for Phil Neville a few years ago.

Wilbur

Banned
Granero's joined Sociedad on loan. Alright Illara replacement on paper but he did fuck all last year.

They'd have more numbers but how many of Liverpool's first XI would go straight into Arsenal's? Suarez, Mignolet and maybe Coutinho. None of their back 4 would get in nor would any of the CMs.

Johnson's better than Sagna right now, but yeah. Squad wise though, it's better. Arsenal looking bare as fuck right now.

Wes

venison crêpe

I disagree on the defence statement. I looked at it this way, would Liverpool pay for any of Arsenal's defenders to improve them? I don't think they would. I think their back lines are pretty equivalent.

Lucas is a better at breaking up play than Arteta but Arteta offers greater tempo making playmaking ability.

Walcott and Cazorla are better than the attacking lot outside of Coutinho at Liverpool. With Willian they're be about the same.

Sturridge is the equivalent of Giroud too in my estimations.

I just think the two squads would be pretty similiar with that one addition to Liverpool. But Arsenal will buy someone anyway so it's all moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom