• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

noal

Banned
RIP Naughty God. I enjoyed reading your posts.

I read GAF for 18 months before registering and then had to wait a year to post so I think I learned that to be a junior is to be on trial.

Fergie

Banned
k8o2DgY.jpg]

Afer dark is definitely a sight to see.

NpAkLma.jpg

dc89

Jojo quotes:
Yes, Juventus did want me. They talked with my agent. Actually they talked a lot more with him than with me."

"Coming to Manchester has been easy. The lads have been really helpful -mainly [Matija] Nastasic, [Aleksandar] Kolarov and [Edin] Dzeko but the others as well.

Salazar

That Anderson MEN interview, lol

Says he gonna eat right

And then Rio at the end, says Ando will be "like a new signing"

We weren't built for this, Unitedbros.

This whole fucking window =

SXEqxBO.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That Anderson MEN interview, lol

Says he gonna eat right

And then Rio at the end, says Ando will be "like a new signing"

We weren't built for this, Unitedbros.

This whole fucking window =

SXEqxBO.gif

Sal, what's your thoughts on Naughty God's ban?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Peter Schmeichel believes that Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic was born to play for Manchester United, insisting that he would love to see him join the Premier League champions.

"You've got to ask Zlatan why he hasn't played in England yet, but I'd love to see him at Manchester United.

"I don't know who he supports, but he's a born Manchester United player, he would be absolutely brilliant.

"I think our supporters would love him, if he ever made that move, he wouldn't move again. For Zlatan to play the way we love him to play, he has to be Zlatan.

"We're a very big football club and we've had players behaving in different ways throughout the history of the club. The managers have always been able to handle that and get the maximum out of the players.

"A lot of people are comparing Zlatan with Eric Cantona. He had a difficult time before he came to United.

"He had 11 clubs in France and a trial at Sheffield Wednesday and Trevor Francis didn't fancy him and then he had six months at Leeds and Howard Wilkinson didn't fancy him.

"But then he came to United and the rest is history. He's arguably the greatest player we've ever had. I think he's so suited to the Premier League and he has loads of time left in his career, I hope we see him there."
Zlatan-Ibrahimovic1.jpg

4. every day brings pulga closer to the same fate

tumblr_mngx21FyhC1qa8jwfo1_500.gif

Bumhead

Banned
Just put Sky Sports News on hoping for some decent coverage today, you know, seeing as the Football League kicks off today..

Instead one of the top stories is Marcelo at Madrid saying "I don't really know Bale and don't want to talk about him, but.. errr, he will be welcome if he comes"

Fuck off Sky.

Tc91

Just put Sky Sports News on hoping for some decent coverage today, you know, seeing as the Football League kicks off today..

Instead one of the top stories is Marcelo at Madrid saying "I don't really know Bale and don't want to talk about him, but.. errr, he will be welcome if he comes"

Fuck off Sky.

Sky Sports Repeat HD. That channel is just pure shite.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
GdS: Marotta ready to make offer for Geoffrey Kondogbia. €1.5m for a loan with forced redemption next season as long as Juve make the CL.

Marry, you fuck, we need wingers.

WINGERS

We bought tickets to Munich for the weekend of the 24th. While it's impossible to get game day tickets I already made sure we will do the Allianz Arena Tour and visit the new Bayern museum! I'm stoked! Pics will follow!

BAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEERN!

The tour guide is 1860 fan.

L1NETT

Gutted I'm not going to QPR today.

I think we will get beaten but that can't quash that new season feeling.

WAWAW.

On my way to Bristol now.

We are going to get wanked on by Adomah and co, but new season optimism is still happening. Might not last long.

Matthäus: "Bayern doesn't have a subscription for the league title. From my point of view, Dortmund will win the league."

0NZmj2ol.jpg

A true philosopher, a thinker, a gentlemen and the best German coach that never coached a proper club. Get this man a job, he's class.

LTWheels

Bt Sport just said 'rumour has it that Suarez is not playing today'....

If true hopefully it's just the case that as he is banned for 6 games, it's more important to get those that will be playing whilst he is banned match fitness/practice.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rafa Benitez wants a Little Liverpool at Napoli, as after Pepe Reina they are reportedly targeting Javier Mascherano and Martin Skrtel.

The manager has already brought in Reina from Anfield on loan and according to newspaper Il Mattino is lining up further swoops.

Mascherano played at Liverpool from 2007 to 2010 before joining Barcelona for €24m.

The 29-year-old has a buy-out clause in his contract worth €100m, so making this approach will be extremely difficult for Napoli.

A more likely arrival is Slovak defender Skrtel, who Il Mattino suggests is close to accepting the transfer to the Stadio San Paolo. The only sticking block would be his wages.

The 28-year-old has been at Liverpool since January 2008 and only signed a long-term extension to his contract in August 2012.
Rafa must be stopped.

Arnie

Can't wait to get back to Anfield today for Gerrard's testimonial. Anyone from liverpool GAF going?

STAHP

Speaking of, though, I need you, Elseanio, Shogun, and Paul to ask everyone you know for a spare to the Stoke game. I'm back in the North West that weekend and I need to go on whilst I'm home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom