• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

TheOneWhoKnocks I always read your name as TheOneWhoKnocksOneOut

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2013/august/giaccherini-speaks

Giaccherini's first interview. Pretty standard fare (always wanted to play in the PL, wants to do his best for the supporters etc, only had 10 days holiday as he wanted to integrate into team asap) and his English at the end was quite good. 'cause that's what matters.

Weird sudden urge to play Halo 4. wtf.

panty

HAHAHA
934666_709935382380014_631299448_n.jpg

:lol :lol

I can get a ticket to the European Super Cup but I'm scared we are going to get smashed and I will have to go to Prague on my own haha.

Just go, you won't regret it. Also Prague is an awesome city.

Hixx

I'm a bit worried about shit kicking off but I have never really heard anything that bad about Chelsea away fans or Bayern fans. I'm looking up flights and hotels later and see how much it will cost me.

lol even Arsenal's away support is rowdy compared to Chelsea's.

LTWheels

@LFC: #LFC team v Olympiacos: Mignolet, Johnson, Enrique, Toure, Agger, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Sterling, Aspas #gerrardtestimonial

@LFC: Subs: Jones, Kelly, Alberto, Skrtel, Downing, Henderson, Ibe, Wisdom, Coates, Borini, Suarez, Spearing, Carra, Fowler #gerrardtestimonial

Walshy

STAHP

Speaking of, though, I need you, Elseanio, Shogun, and Paul to ask everyone you know for a spare to the Stoke game. I'm back in the North West that weekend and I need to go on whilst I'm home.
Is it just one spare? I'll ask around anyway, I might find one.

Can't wait to see God back at Anfield today.

panty

I'm a bit worried about shit kicking off but I have never really heard anything that bad about Chelsea away fans or Bayern fans. I'm looking up flights and hotels later and see how much it will cost me.

Just don't act stupidly and everything goes fine.

We went to Espanyol - Real Madrid game and were the only Real fans there. To put it short they didn't like us and made that clear by throwing beer bottles from their balconies when the game was over but we still made it :lol

LTWheels

Based on our starting line up looks like Coutinho is on the left and Gerrard is playing in the middle rather than further back.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Does Rodgers really think Allen is better than Henderson? Seems he's played a lot more this pre-season.

Hixx

Secret Footballer.com on how BT and Sky are trying to change their coverage

On Tuesday, it was reported that Grant Best, BT’s executive producer, was pushing for live TV access to Premier League changing-rooms...

Thankfully, Richard Scudamore, the Premier Leagues chief executive, was having none of it. He said: “It’s highly unlikely. We’ve had a media-access working group working on this topic for the last 18 months, the slightly gimmicky idea of locker-room access. I’m not sure that’s necessarily a good idea.”

I know from my friends at Sky that they are trying to work out how to incorporate a live Twitter feed onto the screen without impairing the coverage of the match too much.

Anyway, moving on, last week I met up with a prospective candidate who is interested in becoming our “Secret Referee”... The ref told me that during a Premier League meeting of top referees, Scudamore had finished off by saying: “And, remember, you’re not in a sport, you are part of the entertainment business. We don’t want our top players being sent off every week because it’s bad for the brand. We want them on the pitch as much as possible.”

More at the link and that, innit.

Arnie

Does Rodgers really think Allen is better than Henderson? Seems he's played a lot more this pre-season.

The things that Allen does better than Henderson are the things Rodgers likes most in a midfielder:

Being able to turn on the ball as quickly as possible
Good composure taking the ball in tight situations
Excellent short passing range

I personally don't rate Allen higher than Hendo, but I can at least see why Rodgers selects him.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
“And, remember, you’re not in a sport, you are part of the entertainment business. We don’t want our top players being sent off every week because it’s bad for the brand. We want them on the pitch as much as possible.”

I have no words.

LTWheels

Just wait in 10 years time we will be celebrating Henderson's testimonial. I do think he is Gerrard's eventual successor. Don't know if he will become as good as Gerrard.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Pcfifabros im on in half hour, we got a league to win!

As a football fan I am watching burnley / Bolton but as a BT employee I want to watch the friendly just to see how our coverage is

Ill watch a bit at half time

Hixx

That pass from Gerrard to Enrique was so weird. Low quality but the way it was played looked like it should have went out for a throw never mind curl the exact opposite way.

RaGe_pt

FC Porto - Galatasaray. Finnaly I'm going to watch my team play against a good side. Hopefully we can win the match and show good football.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Guardian: Cesc Fábregas free to move, says Barcelona manager

Get out.

Martino: "I've talked to Cesc, I explained him my idea. Of course we want him to stay, he's one of the best in the squad, so it's up to him"

Followed by

Martino: "Sign another player if Cesc leaves? If it depends on me, he'll stay, and I believe he will, so I didn't yet think about that."

Not as encouraging as one thinks, I think Barca are just shifting the questions now because they are answering no so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom