• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirror says Schweinsteiger is our Plan B if Fabregas doesn't join.

images

Hahaha.

The Mirror's story is a joke.

It's literally...Bayern have alot of good midfielders...if United don't get Fabregas they might think about getting Schweinsteiger...and so will alot of other teams.

Okay. Sounds accurate to me.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
AVB on whether Carlo and Real are dicks:

"I think so, in my opinion.

"Carlo is a person I appreciate a lot and we have great respect for each other, but bearing in mind this situation they have decided to make it public.

"Normally in situations like this it is scrutinised by the Football Association with lots of care and attention. We have seen lots of people speak about a player that is not theirs and we are due some respect.

"These rumours of an imminent transfer are not true. The only thing we have communicated with Real Madrid is that he is our player and he is not for sale.

"Gareth is a guy I really like. We are talking with Real Madrid because there is respect between the two clubs following the transfer last season of Luka Modric.

"We are building a great team for next season. We envisage the future with Gareth. But we know that in football anything is possible."

Why can't this awful club just fuck off already. At least it sounds like we are still trying to keep him for the coming season.

Clegg

Hahaha.

The Mirror's story is a joke.

It's literally...Bayern have alot of good midfielders...if United don't get Fabregas they might think about getting Schweinsteiger...and so will alot of other teams.

Okay. Sounds accurate to me.

It's defo a funny story.

Taking quite a leap of logic to arrive at it too.

GQman2121

Banned
We're getting Rooney.

United are not getting Cesc.

Fellaini will move to United for 2/3's of the Rooney fee.

We will win the title by mid March. Our schedule is a breeze after the City game.

gifs_201.gif

K1LLER7

Hernandez would score loads of goals but there are strikers who scores lots of goals and then strikers who win matches and titles.

Dunno about Hernandez, I love him and the idea of us ever selling him makes me sick but I don't know if he is good enough to lead the team and take it on to another level. He could replace RVP for like 5/6 games no worries though. If your best player gets injured for any length of time then every team will suffer, can only do so much about it.

He's a perfect back-up. He won us so many crucial points last season. I remember watching the Monday night football on sky, in one segment G.Neville went through a video of our crucial matches of the season and Chicha pretty much scored the winner in all of them. would be devastated if he was sold.

Also hope Nani doesn't have a bad season, if he stays. Rumours Spurs are interested, £15m.

Think Zaha will have a big season for us. Need to see how he does tracking back, but he'll add another dimension to our game compared to Valencia. Hopefully Moyes plays him.

MPW

AVB on whether Carlo and Real are dicks:

Why can't this awful club just fuck off already. At least it sounds like we are still trying to keep him for the coming season.

keep him

i wish Bale came out and just say he wants to stay at spurs

him not playing vs monaco makes me think he wants out but i could be wrong

Clegg

We should target Pirlo next.

I'd be a bit concerned coz he's a notorious homophobe but he's a class player so I'll overlook that.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bale is obviously interested in going to Madrid, his minor injury shouldn't prevent him participating to this extent. If he stays it will be because he bends to Levy's will like Modric did two years ago.

K1LLER7

The Mirror think we'll pay £46m for Cesc. lol

Would rather we buy Ozil so I can keep posting this gif when Footy-gaf starts to hate on him.

ibaxD4DK7GFJQU.gif

£40m would be alright.

Anything over is a bit too much

I strongly disagree. I'd be happy to pay anything up to £50 million for him. He's quite honestly good enough to be worth it.

I agree with Horse.

£40m is already loads, there are better CMs than him about, is he even in the top 5. But at this point...we just have to go for it. I don't think we will go above that price though, not sure it's enough to tempt Barca either.

What if the minor injury and Madrid transfer are a smokescreen for Bale and United are tying it up as we speak.......

Hahaha im kidding, they wont buy anyone.

I do fear Bale is injured more than we think though....

I agree with Horse.

£40m is already loads, there are better CMs than him about, is he even in the top 5. But at this point...we just have to go for it. I don't think we will go above that price though, not sure it's enough to tempt Barca either.

Other than Iniesta, Vidal, Henderson and Scweini, is there anyone better?

L1NETT

Those 5 are completely unrealistic though Viva.

Out of the players who somehow in this universe you might buy, cesc is pretty damn near the top, if not at it.

Those 5 are completely unrealistic though Viva.

Out of the players who somehow in this universe you might buy, cesc is pretty damn near the top, if not at it.

Oh I agree with that, which is why I would be happy enough for us to pay the money.

But when you pay £50m for a player you would normally expect to be getting a player who is amongst the very very best in his position...if you see what I mean.

Gundogod might be better too...or maybe I just like him better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom