• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

So Juve guys, what's the word on Aleks? I've read a few rumors you guys are finally willing to offer a decent amount for him but it seems so anti-Juve that I'm not putting much stock into it..

No idea. Zuniga seems to be the the no. 1 target for the wing at the moment, Napoli might budge. If not, I guess we'll go all in for Kolarov.

Brilliant assist by Pirlo there. Think I'll wait for the Supercup.

Lightning

Banned
Not a bad day. Juve lost, Spurs got hammered and we managed to salvage a draw so we didn't lose but showed enough weaknesses for Wenger to address.

Meier

Sviat, what's the deal with Luka Djordjević? Spurs signed him for $27m in my FM save some years down the line. Having a nice season for them. I see he hasn't played much since moving to you guys but he's already got 2 caps for Montenegro.

Wilbury

nBcmJXi.gif

Whoa

Creeped for life

Sviat, what's the deal with Luka Djordjević? Spurs signed him for $27m in my FM save some years down the line. Having a nice season for them. I see he hasn't played much since moving to you guys but he's already got 2 caps for Montenegro.

Yeah he hasn't played much, just a few sub appearances. He does seem promising. He's said recently that Spalletti wants to send him on loan somewhere this season to get some playing time so we'll see what happens.

Lightning

Banned
Kinda worrying that Wenger and Rodgers are now going so public with the Suarez battle. Would prefer it to remain private.

The Arsenal vs Liverpool games this upcoming season could be a little tasty.

I really want us to sign him though. Would be a dream signing.

I wish... But probably bullshit.

Fuck, I hope it is! He said he likes BVB and I want him at BVB, too.

However, I don't think Freiburg would sell him for only around €7m. They lost half of their team and Ginter is probably one of the most important players for them this season. They might as well agree to get relegated if they also sell Ginter.

Lightning

Banned
Fuck, I hope it is! He said he likes BVB and I want him at BVB, too.

However, I don't think Freiburg would sell him for only around €7m. They lost half of their team and Ginter is probably one of the most important players for them this season.
Considering we've already given them a player they owe us one! I want him at Arsenal.

Lightning

Banned
You gave them a shite player on a one-year-loan and want one of the most promising CBs in return?

That's shady as fuck.
Coq is not shite and has a bundle of potential. He could blossom this season with a consistent run of games and he could be permanent if it works put for them both. We're a reasonable club.

Salazar

Kevin Palmer ‏@kpsundayworld 18s
The Sun's back page: Wenger tells his friend he will sign Suarez. Is that a serious source for a story? Wenger's mystery friend? #LFC #AFC

lol, you are in no position to throw stones

jtb

Banned
wait so we're actually linked to a good, promising young player? hope it pans out, we need some low-risk depth signings like that, especially in the defense. for all of Wenger and Arsenal's reputation for investing too heavily in youth, we really haven't bought any promising youngsters in some time (Sanogo doesn't count, he came on a free), basically not since the 8-2.

I'd rather invest in youth than invest in shitty Ligue 1 players who are fully developed and are never going to be good enough.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buffon
Caceres, Bonucci, Ogbonna
Isla, Padoin, Marrone, Asa, De Ceglie
Matri,Quaglia

Jesus Christ, lol.
Oh
Not a bad day. Juve lost, Spurs got hammered and we managed to salvage a draw so we didn't lose but showed enough weaknesses for Wenger to address.
In typical Arsenal fashion, you're celebrating meaningless results and milestones.

I will feast on your bitter Dutch tears this season.

EVERY SINGLE DROP

Gorlak

Banned
Gervinho off to Roma for about 8 Mio. € - He needs to be replaced and I'm not talking about Gnabry (he isn't ready)

In other rumours:
Fabregas can leave if he wants to: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cesc-fabregas-transfer-manchester-united-2119924

And Man Uniteds Plan B: Schweinsteiger
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-bastian-schweinsteiger-2121586

Schweinsteiger at United would be great and hopefully Cesc returns to Arsenal and brings back glory and triumph to the Emirates.

Gorlak

Banned
Mirror is reporting that United is going to bid for Schweinsteiger if the Fabregas deal fails

He said he wants to play abroad one day, after winning the Triple there is no better time to do so. Keeping in mind Thiago is going to give him a hard challenge and having absolutely no one at United who could take away his starting position, why not?

Clegg

He said he wants to play abroad one day, after winning the Triple there is no better time to do so. Keeping in mind Thiago is going to give him a hard challenge and having absolutely no one at United who could take away his starting position, why not?

Because he's Bayern through and through and currently a much better player than Thiago.

We've even less of a chance of signing Schweinsteiger than we do Fabregas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom