• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

He said he wants to play abroad one day, after winning the Triple there is no better time to do so. Keeping in mind Thiago is going to give him a hard challenge and having absolutely no one at United who could take away his starting position, why not?
he said he can see himself play abroad but only after his contract runs out in 2 or 3 years.

selling Schweinsteiger is like Barcelona selling messi or United selling scholes

They just released the Valencia one.

BQ0PmPACUAA6SYc.png

When do you think they'll release the limited edition De Gea poster?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
what? that's the first time I hear this

-
it appears as though Manchester United are currently on the verge of snapping up Bayern Munich's Captain, Bastin Schweinsteiger. According to sources close to the player, the German international seems to have already made up his mind to join the Red Devils and could do so as early as January.

With just eighteen months left on the players contract and his admittance to not wanting to renew his current contract with the club, Munich are more than wary of the danger that United poses at the moment. In hopes of their star midfielder staying, the German outfit are looking to lure him in by offering him up to a hundred and forty thousand pounds a week for his services, in hopes that the giant pay raise might change his mind.

However with the Munich Manager Louis van Gaal, stating that he did not plan on entertaining player antics and that if Schweinsteiger wanted to leave he could, the fact that he would stay at the team seems rather unlikely.

If the player is to leave the side, then Munich will be looking to land around twenty five million pounds or so for the players services, which just so happens to be a fee that won't cause any major dents in United’s bank.

On the other hand, Alex Ferguson recently came to the press and stated that he did not plan on making any signings in the winter break. However that did not stop the Manager from signing Danish keeper, Anders Lindegaard.

With Scholes nearing the end of his career, the time for a new midfield general to enter the Old Trafford ring is either now or never according to most experts and with Schweinsteiger being more than an able replacement, it is now only a matter of time before Ferguson launches his official bid for the player.

Another major factor that could help tip this transfer in United's favor is the fact that Schweinsteiger recently stated that despite him spending nine quality years at the Allianz Arena with Munich, it was now time for him to look for another challenge elsewhere. With the player also partially ready to make the move, it seems inevitable for it to go through.

If the German player does join United, then he could add a whole other dimension to the already lethal Red Devil's midfield. Schweinsteiger has the ability to control a game at the pace that he wants to, he can also play as either a holding, a central or an attacking midfielder, which just adds a lot of depth to his game play. He can make inch perfect passes and can take an odd shot or two from range. Along with that Schweinsteiger started his playing career as a winger, which means he still possess a trick or two to get past his man with ease. All of these abilities that the player has seem to make him the ideal replacement for Paul Scholes

-

But he didn't.

If he didn't join then he's most certainly not going to join just after they've won the Champions League.

Who knows, maybe he wants a new challenge after winning everything there is to win with his current club.

Or you know, he doesn't fancy playing in CB under Pep. :p

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I dont think I have ever looked more forward to a day of fifa, we played so good last night that we must continue today. Ill be on in a half hour, we wreck faces, it is done.

I dont think I have ever looked more forward to a day of fifa, we played so good last night that we must continue today. Ill be on in a half hour, we wreck faces, it is done.

People are playing at that time? Did our amazing play continue after I left last night?

-

With Scholes nearing the end of his career, the time for a new midfield general to enter the Old Trafford ring is either now or never according to most experts and with Schweinsteiger being more than an able replacement, it is now only a matter of time before Ferguson launches his official bid for the player..

j6dCDflLncDA4.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
People are playing at that time? Did our amazing play continue after I left last night?

we need 2 points for promo with 1 game left, still had alot to do because we did so badly early in the season before we switched formations.

Hixx

My controller died last night.

So I am probably done with FIFA as I'm not buying a new wired controller for the sake of 3 months.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
that's just a lot of speculation. Schweinsteiger never said he wants to leave Bayern.

I remember an interview with Rummenigge on Bild where he talked about it. He blamed his 'three advisors' and thanked his girlfriend for playing a role in extending his contract too.

spidye

I remember an interview with Rummenigge on Bild where he talked about it. He blamed his 'three advisors' and thanked his girlfriend for playing a role in extending his contract too.

I don't remember much to be honest. I'm not doubting you but It's really the first time I'm hearing this.

Salazar

Rummenigge, Bild, a woman.

The world could be ended by such a convergence of malevolent forces.

So one last Bale/RM rumour I heard from a city friend.

RM are only willing to go up to £87m (€100m), Levy says the sale price is £96m (€110m), and is not willing go a penny lower than that because Spurs have 4(?) years left on Bale's contract and know RM will be back next season anyway. Another stalling point is that Bale's management want €11m for his image rights, Spurs pay less than a third of that figure currently. Bale is also thought to want to match the highest earner (CR7) but his management have told him that's not likely to happen.

My friend says he thinks a deal will be done and RM will end up paying the £96m and whatever Bale's management want for image rights as well, but they won't put him on the same rate as CR7. Perez is apparently desperate to get a big name signing in, and Bale would be the biggest signing of the summer.

Personally, I really don't understand some of the figures being thrown around, Bale is a great player, but €121m great? I'm not so sure about that.

kharma45

hope the PS4 controller triggers are much better than PS3.

It's not like they could be any worse :p

So one last Bale/RM rumour I heard from a city friend.

RM are only willing to go up to £87m (€100m), Levy says the sale price is £96m (€110m), and is not willing go a penny lower than that because Spurs have 4(?) years left on Bale's contract and know RM will be back next season anyway. Another stalling point is that Bale's management want €11m for his image rights, Spurs pay less than a third of that figure currently. Bale is also thought to want to match the highest earner (CR7) but his management have told him that's not likely to happen.

My friend says he thinks a deal will be done and RM will end up paying the £96m and whatever Bale's management want for image rights as well, but they won't put him on the same rate as CR7. Perez is apparently desperate to get a big name signing in, and Bale would be the biggest signing of the summer.

Personally, I really don't understand some of the figures being thrown around, Bale is a great player, but €121m great? I'm not so sure about that.

Yeah he's good but in a 'normal' market he wouldn't be worth those kinds of sums at all.

Gambit

I don't remember much to be honest. I'm not doubting you but It's really the first time I'm hearing this.

Same here. The idea that United could sign Schweinsteiger is very amusing. British media at its best.

Not even Bale-money could tempt Bayern to sell.

Just read the article. Will quote the funniest parts:

News that Schweinsteiger could struggle to nail down a place in Guardiola’s team at Munich will alert United as well as every other top club in Europe.

Despite his age, he will command a fee in excess of £25m – and clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea are also sure to be interested.

Really? more than £25m for the most important player at Bayern? get out!

Guardiola, who has already beaten United to the signature of Barca starlet Thiago Alacantara, is ­believed to be looking to Javi Martinez to anchor his ­midfield.

Believed by whom? that is contrary to everything that has been written about Martinez this season

Getting rid of a player who came through the youth ranks and is regarded as a Bayern legend would be a huge gamble by Guardiola but it’s a gamble he may well take.

Eventually English journalists might learn that our coaches do not have selling powers. That's done by the management.

All in all, quite tickling.

pappe

If the Bale transfer does go through, it will be the most absurd transfer in the history of football.

Everyone in the world is convinced Bale is not worth it. Except Levy, Perez and Bale himself, but they are the only people that matter. Makes me feel there are some ulterior motives for all parties involved.

Wes

venison crêpe
Some random person in Japan who was at a football game, and thus highly credible according to some, says Villa have bid £7.5m for Kiyotake.

I want to believe!

If the Bale transfer does go through, it will be the most absurd transfer in the history of football.

Everyone in the world is convinced Bale is not worth it. Except Levy, Perez and Bale himself, but they are the only people that matter. Makes me feel there are some ulterior motives for all parties involved.

I very much doubt Levy believes Bale is worth that much, he probably just believes that is the maximum amount of money he can extract from a desperate RM/Perez. Levy is a godly businessman.

Slizz

Schweini.... sigh..... Seems like we(or journalists) are just looking at depth charts in FIFA and picking CM's from the top.

Aside from that he has no PL experience so no go :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom