• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^^Chicago Bulls? GET IN JAVI!
Barcelona star Neymar has been diagnosed with anemia, according to several reports in Spain this afternoon.

Blood test taken by the club this week revealed that the Brazil international is suffering from the disorder, and will not train at a different pace to the rest of the first team squad.

Anemia is a decrease in the number of red blood cells, and can be caused through a lack of iron. Symptoms include exhaustion and shortness of breath.

The Blaugrana are yet to confirm the news officially, but it remains to be seen if the youngster will take part in the rest of the preseason tour of Asia.

In other words, don't be surprised if they inject him with something to increase his red blood cells.

justjohn

If this bale deal goes through im dreading all these tedious twats that will come out with their 'premier league in decline' shite again.
Gareth bale leaving the 5th best team in the premier league to real madrid for 100million says nothing about the decline of the premier league or the strength of la liga. Lets just get this out of the way.

Linius

^^Chicago Bulls? GET IN JAVI!

In other words, don't be surprised if they inject him with something to increase his red blood cells.

I suppose there is some medicine to handle this kinda stuff. They won't be that stupid to inject forbidden stuff when it's known Neymar has this problem.

Randdalf

BQ0sKBDCEAAJdS_.jpg:large

K1LLER7

Irwin says Cesc is Moysey's main target. Also says he wants Rooney to stay at the club.

Just take the money Barca.

---- Carrick -- Cesc -------

Zaha --- Rooney --- Kagawa

------------ RVP -------------

;_;

Lol at the Italian media playing up Juve's loss to galaxy. First proper match for some of our regulars since confederations cup.
If Juve needed a reminder that some good signings and two titles aren't enough to coast you to third, they just got it. The media should be fretting.

I hope Conte's obvious rage by the end doesn't mean training efforts somehow increase again. The physical and metal exhaustion of everyone involved was pretty clear last night. And Tevez admitted he hasn't worked this hard since he was at Boca Juniors.

Juve fans shouldn't worry about last night . . . the primary reason for success under Cunte has been the far superior fitness levels and work-rate, as compared to the rest of the league. Obviously an unfit Juve early in preseason is going to be a disaster.

I'd make some PED jokes but I just woke up and don't have the energy to troll, sorry. Also I'm in too great of a mood because I get to see my beloved team today in person.

Zabojnik

If Juve needed a reminder that some good signings and two titles aren't enough to coast you to third, they just got it. The media should be fretting.

I hope Conte's obvious rage by the end doesn't mean training efforts somehow increase again. The physical and metal exhaustion of everyone involved was pretty clear last night. And Tevez admitted he hasn't worked this hard since he was at Boca Juniors.

Two weeks to the Supercup. There's still time, but I don't expect us to be nowhere near top shape by then. Llorente especially seem to be suffering Conte's regime, given his heavy physique. Buffon was right, btw. There's definitely a risk of some of our players resting on their laurels this season, particularly in Serie A. It's no coincidence we haven't won three scudettos in a row since 1935. Having a shitty preseason can only help with that. :p

Ogbonna has been brilliant so far. Thank you Timmy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve fans shouldn't worry about last night . . . the primary reason for success under Cunte has been the far superior fitness levels and work-rate, as compared to the rest of the league. Obviously an unfit Juve early in preseason is going to be a disaster.

I'd make some PED jokes but I just woke up and don't have the energy to troll, sorry. Also I'm in too great of a mood because I get to see my beloved team today in person.

EVEN with Europe last season? How embarrassing!

Linius

I won't be surprised if this was a way to 'legally' rise Neymar's blood cells count before next season starts.

Don't think the FIFA will make excuses when it comes to blood doping. But as said, I'm not even sure if there are legal ways to improve the number of red blood cells for people who have a problem with it.

Poor Martinez is going to get trouble with that shirt. Hoeneß won't like this, not wearing the glorious FC Bayern's basketball shirt...

Speaking of Bayern's basketball team, it's funny that Bayern's officials don't talk too nicely about clubs like City, PSG, etc. yet they do the same shit with their basketball team lol

pappe

Don't think the FIFA will make excuses when it comes to blood doping. But as said, I'm not even sure if there are legal ways to improve the number of red blood cells for people who have a problem with it.
Of course there are legal ways to do it. But legal ways take time and in football time is of essence even when it comes to recover from injuries.

Gambit

Speaking of Bayern's basketball team, it's funny that Bayern's officials don't talk too nicely about clubs like City, PSG, etc. yet they do the same shit with their basketball team lol

Yea, that's a bit hypocritical. Almost like the fuss being made about buying players from direct competitors.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Two weeks to the Supercup. There's still time, but I don't expect us to be nowhere near top shape by then. Llorente especially seem to be suffering Conte's regime, given his heavy physique. Buffon was right, btw. There's definitely a risk of some of our players resting on their laurels this season, particularly in Serie A. It's no coincidence we haven't won three scudettos in a row since 1935. Having a shitty preseason can only help with that. :p

Ogbonna has been brilliant so far. Thank you Timmy.
Conte is fucking killing them.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
but hey, I'm sure he knows what he's doing.
or at least, I hope

And don't forget, even after the Euros, we had a brilliant start to the season. Winning 9 games out of 10! (9W1D)

Yea, that's a bit hypocritical. Almost like the fuss being made about buying players from direct competitors.

Still my favourite Hoeneß quote from this year:
What do you think of Berlin's [basketball] stadium, you are here for the first time, right?
UH: It's okay.

What do you dislike?
UH: I think it doesn't have a good atmosphere. So, when we build a basketball stadium in Munich, we'll build a nicer one. Like always, when we do something at FC Bayern.

Such a huge fucking cunt lol

Chipotle

https://twitter.com/barcastuff/status/364011342648180736

If anyone can bring peace to Gaza, it's Messi and co.

This might be controversial but I think it's pretty disappointing they're playing in Israel. The cultural boycott of apartheid South Africa was a great thing IMO and a similar thing directed at Israel would be really good at raising awareness and showing that the human rights abuses carried out by the occupation are unacceptable.

bobito

Banned
This might be controversial but I think it's pretty disappointing they're playing in Israel. The cultural boycott of apartheid South Africa was a great thing IMO and a similar thing directed at Israel would be really good at raising awareness and showing that the human rights abuses carried out by the occupation are unacceptable.

Apartheid is hardly the same as the Israel situation.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta:"I won't mention any names, but we currently have six strikers and we need to end up with four"

Chipotle

Apartheid is hardly the same as the Israel situation.

It doesn't have to be the same for you to draw a comparison to it.

My point is that there's been decades of human rights abuses, an illegal occupation, collective punishment of people living in Gaza and a humanitarian crisis caused by Israel. Barcelona playing in Israel is good PR for Israel, makes it look like the situation is normal and ok. The club has pretensions of humanitarianism and being 'more than a club' etc so it's hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom