• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Comolli is right, technically, but I think the mass confusion as to why Suarez would make the move to Arsenal comes from him being a player that should be aiming higher than fourth place.

Everyone understands that he's above Liverpool's level, and thus is no doubt wanting to move, but he's well above Arsenal's level, too. Yet if he chooses to go there he almost certainly prevents himself from making that final huge move of his career. Arsenal aren't going to sell him on for at least two years, by the time that comes around he'll be closing in on 29.

If a top tier club don't want him this summer he should wait for the next, and move on to win trophies. Moving to have eight games in the Champions League, not winning it, and subsequently sacrificing his hope for trophies in the coming few years seems nonsensical.

This. But it seems like Suarez is not the brightest tool in the shed and too emotional in his pursuit of CL football.

Shagwell

Comolli is right, technically, but I think the mass confusion as to why Suarez would make the move to Arsenal comes from him being a player that should be aiming higher than fourth place.

Everyone understands that he's above Liverpool's level, and thus is no doubt wanting to move, but he's well above Arsenal's level, too. Yet if he chooses to go there he almost certainly prevents himself from making that final huge move of his career. Arsenal aren't going to sell him on for at least two years, by the time that comes around he'll be closing in on 29.

If a top tier club don't want him this summer he should wait for the next, and move on to win trophies. Moving to have eight games in the Champions League, not winning it, and subsequently sacrificing his hope for trophies in the coming few years seems nonsensical.
And that also neglects the fact that what he claims to be central to his decisions is that he wants to get himself and his family out of England where he has been so unfairly victimized.

Or was that just his excuse to go to Real Madrid and when it turned out they're more interested in Bale it turns out England and London are fine?

Lying fuck.

Fergie

Banned
Galatasaray: Muslera, Melo, Hamit, Elmander, Riera, Umut, Chedjou, Semih, Eboue, Engin, Amrabat

Drogba to come at HT and terrorise Arsenal.

Salvadora

As it stands:

Arsenal: 3 points
Galatasaray: 4 points
Napoli: 3 points
Porto: 6 points

Win and we'll win the cup (and keep them from scoring).

Arnie

Bt sport trolling arsenal. Hargreaves and david james are so negative, so bitter.

Only heard what Hargreaves said but he was spot on.

They need a top defender, keeper, and at least one top striker.

Their midfield's class, though. Arteta, Wilshere, and Cazorla is bubbling with swag.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
First and foremost Arsenal need a tough midfield general. When they play attacking football they are wide open, none of their current CMs can shut down the midfield, they always let the opposition play. Someone like Gustavo would be a perfect fit.

Kyoufu

First and foremost Arsenal need a tough midfield general. When they play attacking football they are wide open, none of their current CMs can shut down the midfield, they always let the opposition play. Someone like Gustavo would be a perfect fit.

UshojaxAFC

Arsene won't sign Gustavo for the same reason Guardiola's selling him.

Honestly, I can't imagine how bad we'd be to watch with Gustavo in midfield, and Theo/Podolski on the flanks. We're crying out for a skillful, inventive wideman/AM who can create on his own. The aforementioned pair put up numbers, but are lacking in that department (Podolski especially). The Ox has that sort of talent but is really overzealous.

GHG

Only heard what Hargreaves said but he was spot on.

They need a top defender, keeper, and at least one top striker.

Their midfield's class, though. Arteta, Wilshere, and Cazorla is bubbling with swag.

Defence and keeper are not our most pressing issues though. We finished up last season with the 2nd best defense in the league. Its a misdemeanour that we have a bad defense.

We struggle in terms of movement and creativity in the final 3rd. We need players to address that before anything else.

Arnie

Sanogo is pretty good.
Nice effort, even if he was probably better slipping someone else in. Interested to see how he does.

Love BT's player and manager picture in picture window. And that they've got a referee in the commentary team to offer input on major decisions.

Slizz

I'm going to go to the Guinness International Champions Cup 3rd place and Final game this Wednesday....

I'm trying to decide if I should go for the cheap upper deck ticket for 50$ or go for the Lower Bowl for 90$....

Usually at these kind of things you can finagle your way to a better seat, but it seems like there is a lot of people going to this. Might just do the 90$ seats to make sure I'm in the Lower Bowl.

willow ve

I'm going to go to the Guinness International Champions Cup 3rd place and Final game this Wednesday....

I'm trying to decide if I should go for the cheap upper deck ticket for 50$ or go for the Lower Bowl for 90$....

Usually at these kind of things you can finagle your way to a better seat, but it seems like there is a lot of people going to this. Might just do the 90$ seats to make sure I'm in the Lower Bowl.

Opening round game in a new market (Indianapolis) sold 42K + tickets. If you want a decent seat you might have to pay the $90.

Slizz

Opening round game in a new market (Indianapolis) sold 42K + tickets. If you want a decent seat you might have to pay the $90.

Yeah, seems like it. Not that big of a jump in price really.

Parking is going to kill it, I need to find someone to roll with to split the cost.

Tc91

So how do things stand in this cup?

It's 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 1 for each goal you score.

Arsenal can win it if they win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom