• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
While having midfielders are great, I'm still pissed that the possibility Kagawa won't be played as much since OF COURSE Moyes will try to play Rooney as an AM to fit Welbeck in as a second striker will probably be out season long strategy.

Even worse is that Hernandez is actually a fucking good striker, who can also pass well despite being shit at long shots. But still Moyes will play fucking Welbeck.

image.php

While having midfielders are great, I'm still pissed that the possibility Kagawa won't be played as much since OF COURSE Moyes will try to play Rooney as an AM to fit Welbeck in as a second striker will probably be out season long strategy.

Even worse is that Hernandez is actually a fucking good striker, who can also pass well despite being shit at long shots. But still Moyes will play fucking Welbeck.

I shat myself when Hernandez came on, the effective little twat :p

It was ridiculous how much better we looked when Chicharito came on. Welbeck is a very useful player but I don't see how he could be ahead of Hernandez in the pecking order of any sane person.

No point going higher for a LB pushing 30. Blood Fabio, get rid of Buttner and line up an Evra replacement next summer.

Midfielders, baby.

I think anywhere around 20m is worth it for Baines. He can easily deliver for the next 4 years. And having him would help whoever Moyes plays in the LW-LAM position. Unless it's Giggs/Young/Nani.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsenal, don't let anyone shit on your parade.

YOU GOT FUCKING OZIL

Did you see what he can do with a piece of chewed gum?

"Here we're saying goodbye to Kaka making a sum of his run with Real Madrid"

screenshot20130902.png

Joke account parodying Punto Pelota, a yellow-press-like football tv show.

I think anywhere around 20m is worth it for Baines. He can easily deliver for the next 4 years. And having him would help whoever Moyes plays in the LW-LAM position. Unless it's Giggs/Young/Nani.

I can definitely see the positives in getting Baines. It might help Moyes be less reticent playing Shinji for sure. Just don't see us paying that amount or Everton selling their two best players on the same day.

GorillaJu

I genuinely think Moyes is going to get shit figured out at United, but I can understand the frustration from United fans because I think the situation is like a much less drastic version of Hodgson's time at Liverpool. Two scoreless games vs two of your biggest rivals, neglecting the brightest young talent who the fans have really taken to, relying on dinosaurs and sending out a team that played flat, ineffectual football.

Seems like one step forward, two steps back. Like I said, it's much less drastic than Hodgson gutting our team, wringing all the blood out of the carcass then dropping the dried out heap of flesh on the linoleum floor.

Just saying, I know dat feel

K1LLER7

If united wants to pay the clause, It's 36M+ 50% Taxes.
Nope. It was reported earlier that there will be no added cost past the €36m.

Plus I posted a article a few days ago which stares, there's some law in FIFA which Bayern used to ensure they didn't pay the 50% tax. United look to use the same law.

GorillaJu

Guardian reporting Herrera deal is off due to tax issues.

I don't even care anymore :'(

That's... not what it says, or at least not the same conclusion I came to. It's something Sid Lowe wrote before about the way release clauses work, and hostile bids. It doesn't sound at all like Bilbao is perceiving Man U's bids as hostile, they're just sitting around for the clause to be met.

Nope. It was reported earlier that there will be no added cost past the €36m.

Plus I posted a article a few days ago which stares, there's some law in FIFA which Bayern used to ensure they didn't pay the 50% tax. United look to use the same law.

So it's a deal with the club? They're not paying the clause in La Liga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom