• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard on the german radio that Arsenal got Özil for 50 million.

Are we talking Mesut Özil? The Real Madrid player? FC Arsenal?

Dear sweet lord...almost crashed the damn car when I heard it. What happened?

Hindle

Banned
Which PL team would you guys say have done the best transfers?

For me it's Liverpool, just because the players they've bought really slot into the way the club plays.

cremino

BTKx5zPCAAEgKlk.jpg

Barzul

I want to the best players in the PL. Want PL dominating in Europe, Bundesliga (that Bayern team *shudders*) is getting too good and La Liga will always La Liga with Barca and RM. Glad Wenger's finally waking up.

Wasting time till this weekend, what the fuck is wrong with united:

Here's Andy Hunter, our Stanley Park correspondent:

Everton rejected a third joint offer from Manchester United for Fellaini and Baines at the weekend - this time £40m - and today a separate £15m offer for Baines as Jamie Jackson has reported. The club maintains that Baines is not for sale and, as the rejection of the £40m offer shows, are holding out for more than £25m for Fellaini. He may have to submit a transfer request to force the issue after all, but hasn't done so yet.

Even an increased offer for Fellaini may not suffice at this late stage, however. Everton had lined up Porto midfielder Fernando as his replacement, with Roberto Martinez attending a work permit hearing in London this morning for the Brazilian, but that deal is now in doubt.
Interest remains in James McCarthy and Gareth Barry, although they are not close to an agreement with Wigan for the Republic of Ireland midfielder and only if Manchester City pay part of Barry's £120,000-a-week wages will that deal go through.

bjaelke

Nice Avatar - that's from Persona, yes?

FUCK double post. Really guys? Deadline day and I'm double posting? Get the fuck on it.
Multi-quote. Get the fuck on it.
Dudes, Sakho starts immediately. Agger needs time to heal as he hasn't been fully fit. I would wager our first game after the break will be

\\ ----------------------- \\ LIVERPOOL FORMATION // ---------------------- //
*~---------------------- S - T - A - R - T - I - N - G - X - I ----------------------~*
OoO ---------------------- OoO ---------------------- OoO ---------------------- OoO
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------- ------- *`-_ MIGNOLET (S) _-`* ------- ----------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------TOURE (K HABIB)----------SAKHO (M)---------------------
JOHNSON (G McLEOD COOPER) ---- ENRIQUE SANCHEZ DIAZ (J)
--------------------------------------------LUCAS--------------------------------------------
-----------HENDERSON (J BRIAN) ---GERRARD (S GEORGE)------------
ASPAS JUNCAL (I) -------------------------------- COUTINHO CORREIA (P)
----------------------------- STURRIDGE (D ANDRE) --------------------------------
OoO ---------------------- OoO ---------------------- OoO ---------------------- OoO
\\ ----------------------- \\ LIVERPOOL FORMATION // ---------------------- //
Kolo needs a break too.

multi-quoting to show you how it's done

GorillaJu

Which PL team would you guys say have done the best transfers?

For me it's Liverpool, just because the players they've bought really slot into the way the club plays.

Southampton, Norwich, Man City, Liverpool and Spurs have all done a fair bit of business, but you have to give it to Spurs.

K1LLER7

That's... not what it says, or at least not the same conclusion I came to. It's something Sid Lowe wrote before about the way release clauses work, and hostile bids. It doesn't sound at all like Bilbao is perceiving Man U's bids as hostile, they're just sitting around for the clause to be met.
The Clause has been met, so hopefully the rumours of him having his medical in Spain are true.

So it's a deal with the club? They're not paying the clause in La Liga?
No idea how it works. But if United had to pay more than €36m, they will not sign Herrera.

subtles

Confusion reigns when Coutinho is asked whether he knew of David Moyes before his arrival in England. "What?" is the reply. Try again. Before coming to England, did you know who David Moyes was? "Who?" One last go. David Moyes? "No."

l wonder how many other players are in the same boat.

cremino

The Clause has been met, so hopefully the rumours of him having his medical in Spain are true.

No idea how it works. But if United had to pay more than €36m, they will not sign Herrera.

Wasn't there a 5% tax for youth development or something??

http://uk.yahoo.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/chat.shtml?chatid=f768fcee7c
Norwich in talks for wantaway West Ham striker Ricardo Vaz Te. Season long loan, say Sky 'sources'

Angel Di Maria interest has cooled. Not just from Arsenal, but all interested parties. Him and Karim Benzema look set to stay. Ozil is the man looking ready to go.

you pay the clause + tax (not sure the exact amount)

Good example is how Thiago left for 25, Bayern agreed to pay 25 instead of 30m (20m clause + 10 tax)

K1LLER7

Wasn't there a 5% tax for youth development or something??

http://uk.yahoo.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/chat.shtml?chatid=f768fcee7c
Norwich in talks for wantaway West Ham striker Ricardo Vaz Te. Season long loan, say Sky 'sources'
Oh yeah, there was a 5% tax for youth development. Completely forgot about that. Hope that's not what's holding the deal off.

We will play a friendly in their new stadium too.

you pay the clause + tax (not sure the exact amount)

Good example is how Thiago left for 25, Bayern agreed to pay 25 instead of 30m (20m clause + 10 tax)
Yeah, 5% tax.

I genuinely think Moyes is going to get shit figured out at United, but I can understand the frustration from United fans because I think the situation is like a much less drastic version of Hodgson's time at Liverpool. Two scoreless games vs two of your biggest rivals, neglecting the brightest young talent who the fans have really taken to, relying on dinosaurs and sending out a team that played flat, ineffectual football.

Seems like one step forward, two steps back. Like I said, it's much less drastic than Hodgson gutting our team, wringing all the blood out of the carcass then dropping the dried out heap of flesh on the linoleum floor.

Just saying, I know dat feel

I'll give Moyes a chance, yeah. He hasn't really been doing that badly. and hopefully that freekagawa tweet, as stupid as it sounds, help my man get some games to prove himself at United.

So here are a few positives to counter all the shit I said about Man Utd.

• We have three great strikers in front. Yeah, I'm including Rooney. He's still one hell of a football player. I was wrong.
  • Valencia has improved. I'm hoping he'll keep up his form this year. Welbeck has too but having shitty first touch isn't helping anyone since Manchester United often uses a long ball strategy for their strikers.
  • Nani is being less of a show off twat now.

I really hope we get Baines in our team. We have one hell of a attacking RB with Rafa. Having Baines on the left could really add something deadly to our game.

I genuinely think Moyes is going to get shit figured out at United, but I can understand the frustration from United fans because I think the situation is like a much less drastic version of Hodgson's time at Liverpool. Two scoreless games vs two of your biggest rivals, neglecting the brightest young talent who the fans have really taken to, relying on dinosaurs and sending out a team that played flat, ineffectual football.

Seems like one step forward, two steps back. Like I said, it's much less drastic than Hodgson gutting our team, wringing all the blood out of the carcass then dropping the dried out heap of flesh on the linoleum floor.

Just saying, I know dat feel

Moyes obviously knows the needs, as seen by his pursuit of Fabregas, Fellani, Herrera.

What we are obviously lacking is David Gill. Woodward is that right is now looking after these things? He has shown he can't get shit done as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom