• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

We've been hearing all day that United hav moved closer to signing Herrera and Fellaini. But we still haven't actually signed them yet.

In fact, the only concrete thing we've heard is that Everton rejected our offer for Baines.

kharma45

We've been hearing all day that United hav moved closer to signing Herrera and Fellaini. But we still haven't actually signed them yet.

In fact, the only concrete thing we've heard is that Everton rejected our offer for Baines.

Don't do this now. Positivity.

faridmon

Its as good as true. At least in regards to Fellain's position

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OFFICIAL*: Gilardino joins Juventus.

GILARDINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Welcome home baby.

Here.. take a seat there, next to Llorente. :(

* = according to my TL

ShogunX

2475__3171__yre.jpg

Ilori looks like a cunt, Sakho like a boss.

Llori apparently broke all of Ronaldo's sprinting records at Sporting. He best be making Kolo style random runs up the pitch for no apparent reason. Also I reckon Ayre would be quality on a night out....

s5dnkhJ.jpg

ian-ayre-robbie-fowler.jpg

The mans done good work this window.

Empty

glad there's some talk about baines bids - seemed to go quiet on that front. after how poor the wide players were yesterday I want him more than ever.

flippedb

Banned
OFFICIAL: Gilardino joins Juventus.

GILARDINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Welcome home baby.

Here.. take a seat there, next to Llorente. :(

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Why did you buy him? You already have strikers.

Fuck Galliani, I really expected him to bring Honda and Astori.

edit: I'm keeping my fingers crossed, Frank

Hopefully a wide right Suarez. He cant be interrupting the flow of Humungous D.

I wouldn't say wide, but on the right will be brilliant if he can build a relationship with Studge. They were brilliant together against Chelsea, but Suarez obviously got himself banned before they could put a run together. Get Coutinho involved and in the middle, and that's a brilliant triumvirate. Would leav Henderson n the cold though, unless we left Coutinho on the left with license to drift in, and went 4-3-3

------------------Mignolet------------------------

Johnson---Skrtel---Agger---------Enrique

-----------------Lucas------------------------------
------------------------Gerrard--------------------

-------------Henderson--------------------------

-------Suarez--------------------Coutinho----

---------------------Sturridge--------------------

This is acceptable to me, although it inludes none of our signings aside from Mig. Sakho or Toure to come in when Skrtel fucks up

Zabojnik

Criscitiello (SportItalia) is saying Cagliari might be "unable to sell" any of their players for some obscure reason. No idea what it means. Usually it's the opposite.

Lightning

Banned
I wouldn't say wide, but on the right will be brilliant if he can build a relationship with Studge. They were brilliant together against Chelsea, but Suarez obviously got himself banned before they could put a run together. Get Coutinho involved and in the middle, and that's a brilliant triumvirate. Would leav Henderson n the cold though, unless we left Coutinho on the left with license to drift in, and went 4-3-3

------------------Mignolet------------------------

Johnson---Skrtel---Agger---------Enrique

-----------------Lucas------------------------------
------------------------Gerrard--------------------

-------------Henderson--------------------------

-------Suarez--------------------Coutinho----

---------------------Sturridge--------------------

This is acceptable to me, although it inludes none of our signings aside from Mig. Sakho or Toure to come in when Skrtel fucks up
Sakho on the bench? You will have fun with his attutude if that lasts any amount of time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Why did you buy him? You already have strikers.

Fuck Galliani, I really expected him to bring Honda and Astori.

edit: I'm keeping my fingers crossed, Frank

Who knows man. Maybe because he won't bitch about playing time.

Criscitiello (SportItalia) is saying Cagliari might be "unable to sell" any of their players for some obscure reason. No idea what it means. Usually it's the opposite.

Cellino is locked up in a cell again?

Salvadora

I don't think we are only focusing on that deal now. I read there is a price dispute with Chelsea over Demba Ba. I suspect that is the main reason for the delay.
Apparently they want £3m for a season long loan and Arsenal only want to pay £1.5m. In our favour they wouldn't mind sending him to us, so it could happen.

That Italian keeper is a bit of a pointless signing though. Both Fab/Szc have been injured before, but a third choice? Eh..

hiroshawn

Banned
Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNuws 9m
BREAKING: Mesut Ozil's medical is taking hours as they are checking for brain damage following Ozil's decision to join Arsenal

jtb

Banned
Apparently they want £3m for a season long loan and Arsenal only want to pay £1.5m. In our favour they wouldn't mind sending him to us, so it could happen.

That Italian keeper is a bit of a pointless signing though. Both Fab/Szc have been injured before, but a third choice? Eh..

We should just pay the 3m for Ba, imo. He's a good player, proven goalscorer, but not really world class quality—3m for a stopgap, w/o having to worry about selling him at the end of the window to bring in new recruits, that's very reasonable.

cremino

Wut???? Viviano could compete with Cesny

Zabojnik

If Quagliarella goes, Gilardino makes a ton of sense. He's a proven goalscorer (~200 goals), has CL experience, won't complain about play time and will likely be making half of what Quaglia makes at Juve. I wouldn't mind having him as the 4th/5th striker at all.

If Quaglia stays though ... yeah, that would be awkward.

Dibbz

New keeper sounds good to me. Let the new guy have a run in the cup matches and it might help push on Szcchzcz a bit even though he has been playing really well so far.

Ba on loan would also be nice because Giroud can't play every match and Ba will no doubt score in Arsenals system.

ShogunX

For the first time in a long time we have genuine options from the bench and the ability to be able to rotate without any loss in quality. Rodgers has done well in building the squad and I'm genuinely happy and confident with what he has done.

Random\ The more of Bale I see at Madrid the more it dawns on me just how good a signing he's going to be. Massive loss for Spurs :)

Lightning

Banned

It's a loan and Flappy is injury prone and Szczesny is an immature pain in the ass who needs constant kicks up the ass to perform because as soon as he's comfortable he becomes the worst keeper in the league.

Peco

GALLIANI VAI A MORIRE IN UN ANGOLO PEZZO DI MERDA

DAMMI KEISUKE ENTRO STASERA, LO VOGLIO, PELATO DI MERDA

Sorry, I had to write that.

cremino

If Quagliarella goes, Gilardino makes a ton of sense. He's a proven goalscorer (~200 goals), has CL experience, won't complain about play time and will likely be making half of what Quaglia makes at Juve. I wouldn't mind having him as the 4th/5th striker at all.

If Quaglia stays though ... yeah, that would be awkward.

Gilardino might be bad news for Llorente

Clegg

Just finished on way home, what's happening?

Fuck all.

Some places saying United have agreed terms with Bilbao for Herrara and Fellaini is on his way for medical. But absolutely zero confirmation from any of the big media outlets.

We're signing nada.

subtles

All these CBs might mean we'll go 3 at the back, though at the very least it's a tactical option in certain games. That would allow Suarez and Sturridge to play together up front and give us defensive solidarity with Johnson and Cissokho as WBs.

kharma45

Fuck all.

Some places saying United have agreed terms with Bilbao for Herrara and Fellaini is on his way for medical. But absolutely zero confirmation from any of the big media outlets.

We're signing nada.

Not see my pic i posted of felliani?

Gibbo

Alright. I'm just going to settle for Cabaye not leaving. As a Newcastle fan, I hope that is not too much to ask for.

WJD

Fuck all.

We're signing nada.

stop it clegg

Stopppp

Wilbur

Banned
Clegg there's five and a half hours you fucking spork. That's enough time to see us get pasted by Liverpool almost four times.

JUST CHILL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom