• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

All these CBs might mean we'll go 3 at the back, though at the very least it's a tactical option in certain games. That would allow Suarez and Sturridge to play together up front and give us defensive solidarity with Johnson and Cissokho as WBs.
3 at the back would also mean we wouldn't be caught out on the counter when the full backs go missing (as much) as there would be an extra man back.

K1LLER7

Clegg, Herrera is on a private jet on his way to Manchester.

Fellani is on his way too.

#IAMITK

Edit: Herrera medical to take place in Spain apparently.

Peco

Relax, bro :(

image.php

I'm cool.

Wilbur

Banned
German football writer Mark Lovell: "Mesut Ozil is a luxury signing. Alas trophy winners are built on sound defence and goalkeeper and Arsene Wenger has neglected these key areas. Arsenal will still get bullied."

innit lol

Yen

German football writer Mark Lovell: "Mesut Ozil is a luxury signing. Alas trophy winners are built on sound defence and goalkeeper and Arsene Wenger has neglected these key areas. Arsenal will still get bullied."

innit lol
We're going to win the league.

cremino

Ajax is trying to buy Elia from Werder

Cellino says that Astori remains at Cagliari (I suppose the same goes for Niaggolan)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cellino "I do not want to upset our supporters, Astori & Nainggolan will remain with us."

ickpBPC9uRs7Z.gif

WHY are you wasting our time then?

Salvadora

Ozil won't look like a luxury signing when he starts playing.

A lack of creativity was a major problem for us last season and he is very adept at playing counter-attacking football. It feels like the people saying that sort of thing haven't seen Arsenal semi-recently. They are still thinking of the Arsenal with Cesc in the side.

Lightning

Banned

innit lol
lol

Welcome to Arsenal Mesut Ozil.

GorillaJu

Dudes, Sakho starts immediately. Agger needs time to heal as he hasn't been fully fit. I would wager our first game after the break will be

\\ ----------------------- \\ LIVERPOOL FORMATION // ---------------------- //
*~---------------------- S - T - A - R - T - I - N - G - X - I ----------------------~*
OoO ---------------------- OoO ---------------------- OoO ---------------------- OoO
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------- ------- *`-_ MIGNOLET (S) _-`* ------- ----------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------TOURE (K HABIB)----------SAKHO (M)---------------------
JOHNSON (G McLEOD COOPER) ---- ENRIQUE SANCHEZ DIAZ (J)
--------------------------------------------LUCAS--------------------------------------------
-----------HENDERSON (J BRIAN) ---GERRARD (S GEORGE)------------
ASPAS JUNCAL (I) -------------------------------- COUTINHO CORREIA (P)
----------------------------- STURRIDGE (D ANDRE) --------------------------------
OoO ---------------------- OoO ---------------------- OoO ---------------------- OoO

K1LLER7

Madrid bros

Bale will win you games on his own. You've signed another Ronaldo. At first, I didn't expect Bale to be as effective, but I can see him grabbing another 30+ goals this season. He'll single handedly win you games. You don't need Ozil anymore.

Sleepy

Stupid question time: NBCSN has a PL game listed today, but not which teams are playing. And I can't find the listing on espn, guardian, bbc. Which teams are playing today?

Fry

Dudes, Sakho starts immediately. Agger needs time to heal as he hasn't been fully fit. I would wager our first game after the break will be

*~---------------------- S - T - A - R - T - I - N - G - X - I ----------------------~*
---------------------- ------- *`-_ MIGNOLET (S) _-`* ------- ----------------------
--------------------------------------------LUCAS--------------------------------------------
----------------------------- STURRIDGE (D ANDRE) --------------------------------

what in fresh hell is this :lol

I want MOSESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Yen

----------------------- LIVERPOOL FORMATION // ---------------------- //
Marvellous

Barzul

Ozil won't look like a luxury signing when he starts playing.

A lack of creativity was a major problem for us last season and he is very adept at playing counter-attacking football. It feels like the people saying that sort of thing haven't seen Arsenal semi-recently. They are still thinking of the Arsenal with Cesc in the side.
Agreed. Michael ⚽ Gooner ‏@MickTheGooner 4m
Spot on. Last season, Arsenal scored one goal or less in 22 League matches (58%). It was an issue that needed addressing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yilmaz to Lazio has officially broken down. Lazio have just registered Bryan Perea for their last NON-EU spot. Fuck..

Wait a minute..

zrkXZcF.gif

Is this..

jealousy?

Walshy

Looks marvellous

Barzul

Madrid bros

Bale will win you games on his own. You've signed another Ronaldo. At first, I didn't expect Bale to be as effective, but I can see him grabbing another 30+ goals this season. He'll single handedly win you games. You don't need Ozil anymore.
I agree, I always hated to admit it, but he is that good.

Wilbur

Banned

this is just

beautiful

omgkitty

innit lol

So we had the 2nd best defensive record last season. Surely our defending isn't shit? I love it when people have no idea what they're talking about.

While having midfielders are great, I'm still pissed that the possibility Kagawa won't be played as much since OF COURSE Moyes will try to play Rooney as an AM to fit Welbeck in as a second striker will probably be out season long strategy.

Even worse is that Hernandez is actually a fucking good striker, who can also pass well despite being shit at long shots. But still Moyes will play fucking Welbeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom