• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
hah holy fuck.

uniteds_midfielddbuty.jpg

Thank you United for giving us so many lulz

omg that is fucking hilarious

EliCash

Some reliable journalists have said we turned Ozil down two weeks ago.

I really don't think Ozil is a player that you say no to, no matter the price. If that's true, and then failing to sign Herrera...then man that's pretty grim. Herrera would've been a brilliant signing.

Got to admire Athletic Bilbao though.

jtb

Banned
I'm really impressed that Wenger actually went out and looked for players after the Aston Villa defeat. He's finally learning! Only took him 8 years...

I just hope Wilbur get's through this without being banned.

Aye they are good, but I still have my doubts. I don't know if Arsenal have a solid DM either.

I agree that we could use a bit more muscle in our midfield but Ramsey has really come into his own the past six months and Flamini is a capable deputy. We'll see. League is probably a bridge too far (especially w/ so little time for Ozil to bed in) but... trophy? maybe? please? D:

ShogunX

Let's be honest here - The purple nosed Alcoholic would never ever of allowed this shit to happen. Moyes just simply has never been in this kind of position before where he can shop in the higher end market, both him and Woodward are clearly out of their depth and this window has been a colossal fuck up.

10 mins for Fellaini.

In other news Everton are buying McCarthy.

valeo

I'm really impressed that Wenger actually went out and looked for players after the Aston Villa defeat. He's finally learning! Only took him 8 years...

I agree that we could use a bit more muscle in our midfield but Ramsey has really come into his own the past six months and Flamini is a capable deputy. We'll see. League is probably a bridge too far (especially w/ so little time for Ozil to bed in) but... trophy? maybe? please? D:

He has always done this. We just haven't had the financial clout till now. The way most Arsenal fans have acted this summer is disgusting. Arsene is still one of the best in the world and knows what he's doing.

Timbuktu

Ozil is a fucking stellar signing, congrats Arsenal fans.

cant believe liverpools window. it was perfect. and suarez stayed!!!!!

Missed out of Micky, Costa and Willian though.

Worked out at the end, liverpool keep suarez for another season and arsenal gets ozil. Have a chance to knock man u off its perch.

Nicktendo86

Knew this was fucking going to happen, let's be honest we have no money to spend, the yanks have it all tied up in loans. It has all been a smokescreen, we were never going to sign anyone.

Let's be honest here - The purple nosed Alcoholic would never ever of allowed this shit to happen. Moyes just simply has never been in this kind of position before where he can shop in the higher end market, both him and Woodward are clearly out of their depth and this window has been a colossal fuck up.

10 mins for Fellaini.

In other news Everton are buying McCarthy.

I think Woodward gets 75% of the blame. It is obvious Moyes gave him targets and he was too busy doing I have no clue what.

Knew this was fucking going to happen, let's be honest we have no money to spend, the yanks have it all tied up in loans. It has all been a smokescreen, we were never going to sign anyone.

It's not their fault. The Fault lies with Woodward. Place you anger at the right place. David Gill got shit signed for us with the same yank owners.

ShogunX

can someone who knows more about football explain why we gave away Ozil?

I just dont understand. What a stupid move.

Because - Ronaldo, Benzema, Isco, Bale, Modric - Simply no place for Ozil. Wont be long before Bale scores a worldie and Madrid quickly forget about Ozil. Bale is fucking excellent.

Carbonox

Tiny silver lining for Newcastle - none of our main players left. Biggest question mark - will Cabaye actually stop being a cunt and put in the effort of the club?

Remy is a class signing but we needed more. He's starting 11 quality though.

-------------------------------Krul-----------------------------
Debuchy --- Coloccini --------- Mbiwa --- Santon
---------------------- Anita --- Sissoko ------------------
---------------------------- Cabaye -------------------------
Ben Arfa ---------------- Cisse ------------------ Remy

pls

Stubo

Ozil is triffic. But Arsenal need players at the back too.

Titles and leagues are won on a solid foundation. It's been shown for years and years, the team with the best defence often win the league.

Except for last season, where the team with the best website came second. But still. You get my drift yo.
Fixed.

Yes I am bitter. So many players I really like have gone to other premership teams this window.

Jesus Navas, Soldado, Eriksen and now Ozil too...

Fellaini is going to cost more than the buyout that Moyes knew inside out and unless he puts faith in Shinji, he's not going to be enough.

Hold me United-bros...

Hixx

Soooooo first XI now we're done:

Westwood - kind of hoping he's just rusty. Shot stopping is fine but everything else is worrying

Celustka - really like him. Solid, keeps his head down and no-one gets the better of him.
Diakite - seems mental, which is good, and is a real athlete - and can pass a ball nicely. Communication issues seem a problem.
O'Shea - he's fucking finished. Even Wes perma-crock Brown looked three times fitter than him in pre-season which is embarrassing
Colback - fine. Won't set world alight, step back from Rose, but dependable and his cross for Fletch's goal was ace

AJ - the white Sessegnon. Can be immense when he wants to but is invisible way too often
Cabral - I like him. A lot. Paolo doesn't. Paolo's opinion matters. Mine doesn't. :(
Ki -
wtzgU.gif
looks good on youtube lol
Giak - get him on the weights. Has class and ability but he's soooo weak

Altidore - like him a lot. Rarely loses any physical battle, has a great touch and vision. Genuinely looks class and once he gets that first PL goal he will fly imo
Fletch - one chance, one goal. That's Fletch.

Reckon we'll finish about 12th but next 2 months going to be horrible while we gel and horrific home fixtures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom